• Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-CanalWarfare [Pics] [PC] [PS3] [Final] [Updated]

Name : VCTF-CanalWarfare
    Version : Final
    Compatibility : UT3
    Description : VCTF set in a canal scene
    Comments : Rebuild of my last UT2k4 map, with lots of changes made.
    Credits : plugh
    Homepage : http://www.plugh.co.uk
    Download PC: VCTF-CanalWarfare (MediaFire)
    Download PC: VCTF-CanalWarfare (fileplanet - MSUC entry)
    Download PS3: VCTF-CanalWarfarePS3 (MediaFire)

*Update* LE Version now available, more suited to competitive play, Spider Mine's replaced with EMP mines, Shields are now balanced, and more optimisation. Download LE (MediaFire)

Screenshots :

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	3252688

Name:	02.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	3252689

Name:	03.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	3252690

Enjoy.

: )

plugh.

Finally!! Someone's put the effort in and made a really good UT3 VCTF map! I think this is the best VCTF map I have got via this forum yet. And i've tried quite a few..
    I've been playing beta's of this for quite a while now. Its come along very nicely Its good to see it released in full now.

Good work Plugh Its a quality fun map so I hope it becomes popular and appears on some servers.

Pop! (tastic)

Comment

Good work plugh, I fully enjoy this map. I missed the beta stage, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it anyway. Easier to navigate than it was in UT2k4, and just as fun.

Maybe now we'll get to see you start working on 'Opal' for UT3?

Comment

Hi eky,
        I doubt I will be converting any more ut2004 maps, this was mainly to help me learn and understand the new editor, as well as getting one of my personal faves into UT3.
        I have a few ideas in the pipeline though, and will be releasing more stuff as soon as possible.

: )

Comment

Added to Mapraider's three mirrors:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4274

Comment

Ah, thankyou FreakinMeany, good stuff : )

Comment

The PS3 version is being tested now ... if everything goes as expected the link will be sent to plugh in the next 15-20 minutes.

Edit: The final version's PS3 link has been sent to Plugh so you PS3 users should have access to this marvelous level soon. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                The PS3 version is being tested now ... if everything goes as expected the link will be sent to plugh in the next 15-20 minutes.

Edit: The final version's PS3 link has been sent to Plugh so you PS3 users should have access to this marvelous level soon. Enjoy.
                Great to hear! I will enjoy playing this on my PS3

Comment

Wow. This is an awesome map. I like the layout and the way the bots use it. Great job!

Comment

PS3 version is now available for download, huge thankyou to Anuban : )

Comment

... Wow this map looks incredible! I'm downloading the PS3 version as I type this. Man I can't believe I almost over looked such an amazing looking map. It's got a refreshing look to it. I'll comment on how it plays when I get it unpacked and ready!

EDIT: Wow... Is it just me, or does this map kinda give off a Warhawk feel? I must be crazy. XD It plays really well. I love the balancing with the weapon placements and the vehicle choices. There's a lot of variety, lots of routes and every vehicle is placed very well. This map is one of my top faves.

Comment

Yeah I spent a lot of time with the vehicle and weapons balance, I didn't want any vehicle to be too dominating, and I think/hope I achieved that. I tried to counterbalance every possible situation with every vehicle in one way or another, and it proved to be a winning formula, well, against bots anyway. It will be interesting to see how this plays out on big servers.

Comment

Very nice map.. it plays good and looks great. I like the canal idea

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post

Thats Anuban for you, the first to take my throne for testing out PS3 maps. Curse you Anuban!

Jokes aside, Ill give some feedback later on today. I had to pull a double shift at my job and I feel like falling asleep.

Comment

Wow! I really like maps like this. Many routes, jumps and vehicles, cant wait to play this online.

But there is one little bug. When I drive with Scorpion on the ramp in middle bridge, scorpion gets suddenly extraboost and fly over water too far. Even if I drive there backwards it flies over water. When I drive directly under the bridge and go right place(close to ramp) scorpion flies directly right or left on water. I didnt notice that extraboost on other vehicle, and scorpion normal boost is enought to get on other side.

Anyway thanks for the great map!

Comment

Working...
                              X