Version 1.00
    Last update 1/4/08
    Cooked with UT3 1.2

Filename: CTF-W00TF
    Author: DeathoX 8 (a.k.a. XYZ 8000)

================================
    Description

As you probably noticed, it's been released on 1st April.

The map is fully playable, but it's a remake of an UT GOTY map that wasn't very
    well received on mapping sites (CTF-W00Tabulous by The_Gunslinger|DFB|). I took some
    inspiration by another W00Tabulous remake, CTF-AllYourW00T-SE made by JohnnySix.
    As most of you probably know, the map is meant to be played in InstaGib.
    The conversion is pretty close, but I changed some stuff (mostly item placement)
    to make it more playable also in normal CTF while keeping it InstaGib-friendly.

I tried to create also a rather decent-looking map. It might look busy from
    screenshots, but don't worry, I worked a lot on visibility: set your Detail mode to
    Low and most of the busy-looking stuff will disappear leaving a nice, clean playing
    field.
    The skybox comes from DM-Deimos, I changed it a bit to fit my map but it's almost
    the same. In one week I didn't manage to create myself a decent enough skybox.

The recommended playercount is 2on2, but this map can carry from 1on1 to loads of
    players, your choice.

Enjoy

Credits

Thanks to the Excalibur Holland community, and especially to El Chico Verde, for
    beta testing and providing feedback on the map.

Thanks to The_Gunslinger|DFB| and JohnnySix (a.k.a. SabbathCat) for, respectively,
    CTF-W00Tabulous and CTF-AllYourW00T-SE, the UT GOTY maps that inspired this map.

Thanks to Epic Games, and especially to the author of DM-Deimos, for Unreal
    Tournament 3 and for the SkyBox of DM-Deimos (which I used in my map)

ScreenShots

[screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/Unreal%20Tournament%203/CTF-W00TF/CTF-W00TF-1.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/Unreal%20Tournament%203/CTF-W00TF/CTF-W00TF-2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/XYZ8000/Unreal%20Tournament%203/CTF-W00TF/CTF-W00TF-3.jpg[/screenshot]

Download

http://www.DeathoX8.com/Maps/CTF-W00TF.html#Download

It was only a matter of time

Comment

w00tabulous has been around since a week after release but this one does look nicer

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        It was only a matter of time
        Yeah I know, there's a reason why I'm posting this on the first april

However don't base your judgements on the old W00T, I changed this one to be a little more playable with normal weapons too (more cover, better weapon and health placement, reasonable powerups), now it isn't as spammy as it was in the UT version. I also added some new routes via lift jumps.

Comment

lol Awesome release timing

I've added this to Mapraider's three mirrors as well:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4272

@Taboen: looking at the screenshots alone, this is light years better than that other w00tabulous for UT3. There's no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
            lol Awesome release timing

I've added this to Mapraider's three mirrors as well:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4272

@Taboen: looking at the screenshots alone, this is light years better than that other w00tabulous for UT3. There's no comparison.
            Thanks for mirroring it on other sites

Other than graphics, my version has fully working Item Placement and Bot Pathing

Comment

Map is installed on this Server

Name: Vulcanion.com powered by clanserver4.u.de
              IP: 195.13.62.22:27700
              MoD: ZeroPing Instagib Capture The Flag
              MapVoting: Yes (BiaVote)
              Installed Maps: Show Forum Thread here
              Map Alternative Download: CTF-W00TF

|| »Vûlçåñø« || Download UT3 Stuff || »RaiDen« Clan (UT2oo4/UT3) || Download UT2oo4 Stuff || »Vûlçåñø« ||

Comment

looks cool, but the open space enviorment makes me feel woosy.

Comment

Love it, but FPS isn't doing so well

Sorry to say, but I think I'll have to stick to CTF-w00tabulous-UT3 for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                    Love it, but FPS isn't doing so well

Sorry to say, but I think I'll have to stick to CTF-w00tabulous-UT3 for the time being.
                    I am fairly shocked that there are FPS troubles on this map, on my rather poor system it runs much better than every retail map. Have you tried turning World Detail to Low (which will make most of the detail meshes disappear)?

Thanks for adding the map to a server

Comment

Loving this map! Playing the PS3 version & not had any problems Not yet had the chance to play against anyone online but 4on4 against bots is fast-paced mayhem Brilliant, thank you for taking the time to cook this for PS3

Comment

Played this map in UT2004, loved it. Don't like this version though. Simply put, maximum amount of players should be reduced because I have played this map with 31 bots and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get across and back.

High-res screenshot:

[shot]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/JelleMees/Unreal%20Tournament%203/sshot-79.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32
                          Loving this map! Playing the PS3 version & not had any problems Not yet had the chance to play against anyone online but 4on4 against bots is fast-paced mayhem Brilliant, thank you for taking the time to cook this for PS3
                          Thanks, glat to know that it works fine under PS3

Originally posted by JelleRogermees View Post
                          Played this map in UT2004, loved it. Don't like this version though. Simply put, maximum amount of players should be reduced because I have played this map with 31 bots and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get across and back.
                          I don't know wheter you're using some mutators or scripts that adds bots basing on Playerstart numbers, but the Playercount that I suggested is 2 - 4, not 24 :P. There are 40 Playerstarts though (since it's a very open map, I preferred to add many Playerstarts to avoid spawnkilling). Probably the playercounts that you used in UT2004 are no more useable in this UT3 version since UT2004 was much more "floaty" and the damage dealt by weapons was much lower than UT3.

Comment

WOOTF is a great map. For some reason the bots seem more human on your map than any other, even the default ones. I have a problem though. When the map is first downloaded to a client, its says, Error downloading package: a_music_foregone. Could not open file. Once the map cycles the client can get back on, switch the map back to WOOTF, and every thing works. I'm using uz3.ut-files.com as my redirect server. Could you help me solve the problem? I thought it was a mismatch file but after decompressing the uz3 files from the redirect, I see the file sizes are the same.

Comment

On the Mapraider page for the map empwillkill asked the same question and I replied with:

"That music file is included with the Titan Pack, empwillkill. Install Patch 2.0 if you haven't already and then the Titan Pack and you should be good to go."

The only addition I'd make is that you might want to go with Patch 5/2.1 instead. Hopefully that solves it for you as well

Comment

Working...
                              X