UT3 model Samus Aran v1.0 [Final, Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oddly enough I received a couple of emails requesting a new download link for my UT3 character packs, I have updated the first post accordingly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT Unlimited plus Filefront mirrors

many thanks

people still don't know she's a girl

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can we please get a updated version of this character please she doesnt work on my ps3 since 2.0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where does she show up at on the PS3 i cant find her anywhere???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
    holy cow samus is a girl??????????????????

????

??

?

??
    ?
    Are you kidding ? Sure, she is a girl, or did you finish the games with less than 50% in more then 10h ? Then you will never see her taking of her suit in the end scenes

@Alcor:
    Your model is fantastic and I want to ask, whether you will improve it in near future ? Something I noticed is, that Samus is very bright, compared to the normal UT characters and it looks weird, when she wields a weapon with her weaponarm enabled. More polygons for the model would be a nice addition...the morphball's texture doesn't seem to have a high resolution.

Did you think about making a Metroid modelpack ? That would be so cool to have Samus in different suits, space pirates and space marines

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 Zero Suit Model?

Can you possibly do the Zero Suit Samus Aran? or if you need any of the other Samus suits i can get them and i got some great ideas for models.... >.>;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks funny)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I always find it funny to get requests and even more when people are making "good models idea list" and such. Like if us modellers were there saying "Oh no, I want to make a model but I just don't have any inspiration for a character..." On the contrary, it's quite hard to concentrate and focus on just one character from start to finish since the process for making it is so long. If you don't focus you sometimes end up starting a new character without the first one being finished.

Modelers don't like to receive request because modellers do models after they saw a movie or read a comic book and say to themselves "that would make a cool model".

Now, do I want to make IronMan, or course! The design is awesome, I really enjoyed the movie, but there's no doubt in my mind that someone will do him before me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    holy cow samus is a girl??????????????????

????

??

?

??
    ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy c**p!! AnubanUT2, you tracking me down everywhere ... lol:
    About modeling I just have no idea how to port models and all descriptions are on english so no chances for me here...
    P.S. thanks for clerification...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vZv View Post
    2 Alcor43
    Wow... Samus Aran is pretty impressive model, but can I ask you to make Iron Man (like in new movie !!), it's so cool, and EE is so busy with other models so I dont think we will se EE's Iron Man in this year...
    Well since you didn't read this I thought I would post this for you. No Alcor will not be working on Iron Man ... he has already stated what models he is working on and actually several folks asked for the Darkness so that is what is coming next. So you will have to either model Iron Man yourself or be patient and allow modders to do their projects first and then they can take a look at your request later.

Originally posted by Alcor43 View Post
    Here how it goes, these are the characters I intend to work on in the upcomming year.

Darkness: It's has been requested on 2 occasions lately, it would be a great practice for me using zbrush, and since the character is only a biped, it would port well to PS3.

I Robot's NS-5: This is one I think about for 2 years, would allows some neat shaders and once again be friendly to the PS3.

Chun-Li: This is another I want to redo for years, but it wouldn't fit well into UT3 I think since she's not Sci-Fi.

The Evangelions: My evangelion meshes from Evarena would translate very well to UT3, since I already have separated chest plates, shoulder pads and heads, you would be able to mix and match the parts. The problem I see is that since I've got the 4 units, I would really like to have them inside a custom faction. So I'll wait and see if Epic fix the faction issue in the upcomming months.

Vader: This would be my potential 3rd time I do this character. I wouldn't simply port the UT2k4 version but start from scratch. Allowing myself a degree of freedom like I did for Samus. I'd keep the basic elements but would lose some of the 70's look to it. Also the character would be able to remove the helmet and facemask individually. That would be cool. The problem I see with him is that it wouldn't port well on PS3. I could make a dynamic cloak on PC but that wouldn't translate to PS3, it would be cut.

So for Vader I would have to wait and see if Epic release another PS3 patch solving the family / faction issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 Alcor43
    Wow... Samus Aran is pretty impressive model, but can I ask you to make Iron Man (like in new movie !!), it's so cool, and EE is so busy with other models so I dont think we will se EE's Iron Man in this year...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Derrick Barra View Post
    Hey guys I've been trying to get the Samus model to work correctly on my PC, I'm sure I've installed it correctly and I've verified that all the files are in their correct spaces, but whenever I play as Samus (or a bot appears as samus) they're standing straight up and hovering around without any sort of animation. This is also happening when I use the Master Chief or any other of the custom models, any ideas onto what is going on?
    Ya I had the same problem i dont know what happend...I would like to know how to fix it though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One rather large bug you might want to look into. When you uninstall the model. The Samus still shows up in the Iron Guard character menu and as a bot. Ive tried running instant actions and if she gets selected as a bot the game crashes since none of the files are there anymore.

Hopefully this does not effect the profile. Im going to try uninstalling and reinstalling UT3 should a solution not be known.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys I've been trying to get the Samus model to work correctly on my PC, I'm sure I've installed it correctly and I've verified that all the files are in their correct spaces, but whenever I play as Samus (or a bot appears as samus) they're standing straight up and hovering around without any sort of animation. This is also happening when I use the Master Chief or any other of the custom models, any ideas onto what is going on?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X