No announcement yet.

UT3 model Samus Aran v1.0 [Final, Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whao whao whao whao whao..........hold on a second here.......let's everybody calm down......you made Magneto?!?!.....ok everyone may resume. LOL j/k. Did you make any other X characters? Vader too? You should really consider porting your works over to UT3, with the new textures they'd obviously look badass. I heard some other character models were being ported over from 2k4 and re-skinned somewhere, so it's deffinatly do-able. I'm going to go through your site in more depth right now to check them out, I didn't see them when I browsed through it.

Edit: Oh, I guess I just never clicked on the models link. Very nice. I can't believe you made ED-209!! You Spawn models were very cool. I'm surprised you made Magneto and Nightcrawler at those times and didn't make a Wolverine. Well, I'm glad you got back into modeling, since it seems you took a bit of a haiatus. Hopefully you're back in the groove cuz you obviously have a knack for it. I want to see more of your stuff on the UE3.

Comment

Here how it goes, these are the characters I intend to work on in the upcomming year.

Darkness: It's has been requested on 2 occasions lately, it would be a great practice for me using zbrush, and since the character is only a biped, it would port well to PS3.

I Robot's NS-5: This is one I think about for 2 years, would allows some neat shaders and once again be friendly to the PS3.

Chun-Li: This is another I want to redo for years, but it wouldn't fit well into UT3 I think since she's not Sci-Fi.

The Evangelions: My evangelion meshes from Evarena would translate very well to UT3, since I already have separated chest plates, shoulder pads and heads, you would be able to mix and match the parts. The problem I see is that since I've got the 4 units, I would really like to have them inside a custom faction. So I'll wait and see if Epic fix the faction issue in the upcomming months.

Vader: This would be my potential 3rd time I do this character. I wouldn't simply port the UT2k4 version but start from scratch. Allowing myself a degree of freedom like I did for Samus. I'd keep the basic elements but would lose some of the 70's look to it. Also the character would be able to remove the helmet and facemask individually. That would be cool. The problem I see with him is that it wouldn't port well on PS3. I could make a dynamic cloak on PC but that wouldn't translate to PS3, it would be cut.

So for Vader I would have to wait and see if Epic release another PS3 patch solving the family / faction issues.

Comment

theres defos problems with this char mod,it doesnt work with other charcter mods and has the same problems spawn has

Comment

Originally posted by guesty81 View Post
          Love the mod, being a fan of metroid this is superb, Great that you got into contact with Unreal shack, the excellent mod is now hosted at unrealshack.com

In reference to multiple sites all hosting bits and bats of mods, that's why we set up unreal shack so that modders whether it be pc or ps3 could upload their content and it be accessible for download, without signup, in one central location
          Oh how I love downloading at 20k.

Please, use Filefront like everyone else.

Comment

Glad to hear about the Darkness ... that was one of my most used characters when I played UT2k3 on a constant basis. I was always a bit disappointed not to see it properly ported to UT2K4 (for Assault and ONS matches primarily) so it will be nice to have him in UT3. I'm thinking one of the taunts would be an animation of his tentacle things coming out. My one request would be that you go with the classic look (like your original model) and not the new one given to him for The Darkness game ... I played the game and it was okay but I couldn't help think about how much cooler it would have been if it was made more like Dark Sector or Gears and they would have stuck with how he looks in the comics. Man am I looking forward to this model.

Comment

Félicitations pour ton superbe modèle de la miss Aran ! Ca fait plaisir de voir un Frenchie aussi doué ! Bonne continuation pour tes projets !

Comment

Does this suffer from the same issues as EE's Spartan pack? I'm of course talking about the PS3 problem with the Family code. The reason I'm bringing this up is because Samus without her mask kinda doesn't look right when compared to the PC screens posted by Buffy (I think).

Other than that, it's a fantastic model.

Comment

I don't know what's the "Custom families" is about. I thought it was a custom faction, to avoid vanilla factions to be surrounded by custom chars (actually, I have big and long... err... list of characters in Iron Guards).

Comment

Originally posted by Superking View Post
                    Does this suffer from the same issues as EE's Spartan pack? I'm of course talking about the PS3 problem with the Family code. The reason I'm bringing this up is because Samus without her mask kinda doesn't look right when compared to the PC screens posted by Buffy (I think).

Other than that, it's a fantastic model.
                    You folks have got to learn to read the threads and not just ask questions that have already been answered.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=608548&page=5

Also the PS3 version has the option to use the mask and the arm cannon ... those things are not affected by the family code issue.

Comment

i have question when i host a game and i play with simple costum model no custum arms pll stil must download spawn pll still download that carcter how come

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        You folks have got to learn to read the threads and not just ask questions that have already been answered.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...=608548&page=5

Also the PS3 version has the option to use the mask and the arm cannon ... those things are not affected by the family code issue.
                        I did read the thread, and my question with regards to the family code was in relation to the fact that the Spartan models had issues with quality which is what looks like happened with Samus' face. And just to amuse you I rechecked the link you have provided and nowhere in that page does it mention the issues with her face.

I am not trying to argue with you here, but you shouldn't be so hostile with these responses of yours.

Comment

"Does this suffer from the same issues as EE's Spartan pack? I'm of course talking about the PS3 problem with the Family code. "

That was your original question ... you didn't specify you were talking about ONLY the mask issue ... you said "family code" and asked if it suffered the same issues as EE's Spartan pack. So I gave you a link that talked about the family code issue ...

Also I was not being hostile any more than you folks are being lazy about reading the entire thread before you post questions. It happens so much that on this occasion I decided to say something, but I was not trying to be hostile. I was merely trying to get the point across strongly that one should always read through a thread before posting a question because the answer may already be present in the thread. I didn't have a mad face or even an exclamation mark. I said it in a very matter of fact way ... how you can argue with what I said anyway? Don't you agree that folks should read the thread in its entirety first?

Comment

Why would you care if some people don't read the entire thread and ask questions? Just ignore the posts and don't answer them. Simple as that.

In almost every freaking thread I see your posts calling out to people. *sheesh*

Stop acting like a mod, you're not one.

Comment

Really nice work. I'm downloading this straightaway!

Comment

After a billion worthless Sami for UT2k4, finally one that gets her right and doesn't distort all over the place. I'm alot more impressed with this model once I got it in game, screenies don't really do her proper justice, and I love the FPS hands. I gotta wonder though, can you headshot her while she's crouched?

I guess the only thing I could say against it is I feel her head without the helmet on seems a wee bit large.

Comment

Working...
                                X