No announcement yet.

UT3 model Samus Aran v1.0 [Final, Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, see? That's what I like to hear. Hard factual data. Backed up by the processees that brought you to your conclusions. There's nothing like transparency. It's so much more satisfying than endless nothings that all amount to a "sorry it didn't work". Thanks alot for taking the time to answer.

Oh, and I couldn't take screenshots from the PS3 anyway. But I noticed their mid sections were a different color later. From the action cam perspective they just look all red or blue, since the lights for her legs get the color. I think the visor gets colored too, so the isn't much contrast. But I see the second color now on her stomach. I'm gonna go see what the second armor set gets colored like, which I havn't tried yet. Anyway, thanks for the great model.

Comment

Larry L, I know that you can't take "screenshots" from the PS3 like we can on PC, but you can take a picture of your television with a digital camera, that's what I was refering too. I never saw the bug you described but it's true that I didn't test the model with other Epic made characters, I only tested samus versus samuses (that's a lot of sus in the same sentence!)

Comment

Here's some shots.

From behind, looks perfect.
        [shot]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/GamingNews/UT3/DSC04391.jpg[/shot]

From the front, I guess its the colors of the lights that's basically being referred to.
        [shot]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd246/GamingNews/UT3/DSC04393.jpg[/shot]
        Mind you that the camera makes the camera makes the colors of the lights brighter. They are a little darker in color on screen. If the colors were meant to be like this, which it looks like they were then its fine.

Comment

I think mutile Samuses would be Sami. LOL. And them being so red and blue isn't a glitch right? And the other color is there. I just didn't notice it. Are her visor and leg lights supposed to light up lighter red and blue. If so, that's normal too. This was all obviously me nit-picking more than reporting bugs. I love the model, and I'm not complaining. As for the other litlle glitches that have popped up for me me, like bots getting colored in regular DM, and pickups lighting up red or blue, they were bugs that have never repeated twice in a row, and they havn't happened since I followed someone here's advice about not picking Samus as the first bot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrage View Post
            Trop fort!!
            Sérieusement nice work man! <<< les animations sont vraiment superbes sans compter le crouch.. wow -> 5 stars
            Merci merci, ca fait plaisir

Originally posted by Ayumi View Post
            Nice. There is a 2nd bug u didn't mension in readme. When Shoulder Pads r removed, there's no connection between arms & shoulders
            Yeah well, leave the shoulder pads on!

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
            Everytime I make an instant-action bot match, I select Samus Aran first, then maybe a few other custom models and before the match begins, the game glitches out on me and gives me these really neon textures on the maps and makes the vehicles and weapons turn blue.
            Like we say in the industry: "Cannot reproduce". Do you have the patch v1.1 for PS3? It has been said that the first patch unlocked the possitility to add parts, which Samus PS3 basically is.

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
            I have a hunch that you used the same family code (ie: "zz") and the other models are trying to read Samus only to find a female character is in conflict with their character.
            That's not it, I know the parts ID has to be unique and I used "SAA" and "SAB", which stands for Samus Aran part A and B. I have both Samus and Master Chief installed and it works perfectly here. No neons here.

Originally posted by neoryu View Post
            But seriusly, the UT3 PS3 owners doesn't need a full custom player with animations... they/we only need good simple player models/maps...
            I see your point, but you see personally I don't want to do "simple" characters. When I do one I always try to add something crazy and original. I think I've been the first one to make characters for Quake2 with cloaks when I did Vader and Spawn back then. If Epic patch the PS3 to the level the PC is right now, I will definately update the model with all the intended content.

But in a way you're absuletely right, I don't really care about the PS3. I don't own one and I made 2 games (Vegas and Vegas2) for this platform and it's a real hell to work with in comparision with the Xbox360 devkits. I'm the HD-DVD type of guy, I own a 360, a Wii and a crazy quad core PC. I had to borrow a PS3 to a friend of mine to make this character and it was just to avoid someone to release the model at my place(which would have been quite bad because of the "family code" issue).

Your english is good bro.

Originally posted by MajHavok View Post
            Great model, her character select pose...very cool, I think she dies too much...wait that's just me.
            Well actually when you play with Samus as your character, you are supposed to be in God mode all the time, **** another functionality the broken family code doesn't support.... just kidding

Originally posted by FalseEmperor View Post
            What I thought looked too "cartoony" in the screenshots is actually one of the best models available and not "cartoony" at all (imo). The armor looks sweet and the amount of work that has obviously been put into it has most definitely paid off.
            Thanks man, that's one of the best comment I ever received. For a while I intended to add a scratch and damage layer to the armor, but when I saw the "car paint-esque" look of it, I really liked it and decided to leave it like that. So the model definately doesn't have the level of detail the Epic characters have, but it's slick and sexy and that's what I was targeting for.

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
            awesome first release by the legendary Alcor , I hope its not that last
            Hehe, don't say that otherwise Randy Orton is gonna come after me. Since I work at Ubi I really can't have the same release pace as I had back in the year 2000, but according to the nice feedback I get right here that's definately not my last. I will go at least up to 25 releases (Samus being #23). But it's hard to find the proper balance between work, teaching, girlfriend, gaming and 3d artwork. But you know, the first one you do takes a while, but the other one are easier and faster to do.

Originally posted by TASTYRYAN View Post
            That's a very good model you made there, must have took you a long time to make.
            Good job!
            I roughtly estimate the time it took to about 300 hours. I know that sounds crazy but I really took my time with the model. My first max file is dated to June 1st 2007, so I spent almost a full year to make it from beginning to end. This is definately something I had planned before UT3 launched and I thought the game would be released during the summer.

That's one thing I find quite ironic in all this. Here I am spending the equivalent of 25 days of my life working on a character you all get for free, while a few people are like "hey I don't wanna sign up blah blah blah". Come on, I'm the one spending time here. So sign up or don't download it.

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
              Here's some shots. From behind, looks perfect. From the front, I guess its the colors of the lights that's basically being referred to.
              Yeah that's the expected behavior. I don't have control to the glow settings in team games, and if you read through the epic patches modification list, at one point they say something like "increased team skin glow in order to make them easier to see" or something.

So the glow is stronger in team games than in death match for game play issue and it's hard coded. Yeah it kinda looks like Tron. I thought some people said that weapons, pickups and vehicles turned neon when playing with Samus. I can't reproduce that.

Comment

No, that issue has happened but its not directly related to Samus as far as I can tell.

Comment

Great job on this character Alcor. It looks great.
                  It is amazing that you spent 300 hours on this. It shows. I am definitely looking forward to more work from you. The Intel contest is going to be very very interesting.
                  Thanks

Comment

I don't think this is eligable. And Alcor, sorry about that on ut3mod, I thought Anuban may have cooked that for you. And if he did, he deserves his "props" too. I'm glad you did it yourself though. It shows a bit of extra dedication to your art.

Comment

Alcor you did a great job with this model ... and thanks again for cooking it for the PS3 and in doing so understanding the technique well enough to share it with me. Thanks to you I was able to successfully cook the Crysis package.

Comment

Originally posted by BuSyMan View Post
                        What's with all the whining... any serious gamer shoud have a fileplanet/gamespy/ign account and plus it doesn't cost you anything to sign-up
                        What's with being a...

Nevermind, you're right, stating that I would download it if it were available from somewhere I don't have to register was whining, I should have realised. I should have also realised that I was not a "serious gamer" because I don't have fifty little accounts all over the place to download things from and frankly despise places that want you to sign up or register for a free download.

No, I think I'll go with the first thought that you're a(n) (expletive deleted)

I was just seconding, or maybe fithing the idea that it should be on another site for download. Especially considering I had just downloaded quite a few maps/characters/mods that were all hosted where you didn't need to be a member. Looks like good work but I'm still not going to sign up somewhere just to download something free

Comment

Suit yourself... you're the one that'll miss out
                          At least temporarily...

Comment

Pay no notice to nay sayers, your model is 1st class and the only reason I got a ps3 over a 360 was because of unreal3 and people like you ! Great Job, looking forward to your next one.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonStern View Post
                              What's with being a...

Nevermind, you're right, stating that I would download it if it were available from somewhere I don't have to register was whining, I should have realised. I should have also realised that I was not a "serious gamer" because I don't have fifty little accounts all over the place to download things from and frankly despise places that want you to sign up or register for a free download.

No, I think I'll go with the first thought that you're a(n) (expletive deleted)

I was just seconding, or maybe fithing the idea that it should be on another site for download. Especially considering I had just downloaded quite a few maps/characters/mods that were all hosted where you didn't need to be a member. Looks like good work but I'm still not going to sign up somewhere just to download something free
                              Exactly. I believe in centralization and organization and convenience. One site for it all basically. Direct links to files from other sites are fine, but stop with the signups because, seriously, what's the point?

Comment

Love the mod, being a fan of metroid this is superb, Great that you got into contact with Unreal shack, the excellent mod is now hosted at unrealshack.com

In reference to multiple sites all hosting bits and bats of mods, that's why we set up unreal shack so that modders whether it be pc or ps3 could upload their content and it be accessible for download, without signup, in one central location

This is a fantastic mod, any chance of your previous mods coming to UT3, like Magneto or Vader

great stuff

guesty81

Comment

Working...
                                X