No announcement yet.

UT3 model Samus Aran v1.0 [Final, Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you upload it in filefront.com or mediafire or something plz ?

Comment

y'know when I first saw this model here I wasn't all that interested in it. I like Metroid and all but from the screenshots I just wasn't "blown away". I stand corrected, I finally downloaded it today and it is very, very impressive. What I thought looked too "cartoony" in the screenshots is actually one of the best models available and not "cartoony" at all (imo). The armor looks sweet and the amount of work that has obviously been put into it has most definitely paid off. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful model with us

Deepest Respects,
      ~FalseEmperor

Comment

awesome first release by the legendary Alcor , I hope its not that last

Comment

I love it. This also seems to work flawlessly on the PS3.

Comment

That's a very good model you made there, must have took you a long time to make.
            Good job!

Comment

I agree, I'd give it a download but I'm not signing up for it. And no, my login for unreal does not work...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonStern View Post
                I agree, I'd give it a download but I'm not signing up for it. And no, my login for unreal does not work...
                Seconded.

Use filefront people. It's freely accessible for everyone.

Comment

What's with all the whining... any serious gamer shoud have a fileplanet/gamespy/ign account and plus it doesn't cost you anything to sign-up

Comment

Amazing job, got nothing to say, honestly. (not resized, is worth it!)

Comment

Hey everyone, thank you very much for all those great comments, really appreciated. After I released the model I wanted to take a few days off since I spent so many time working on it, and to be honest, I was kind of affraid to get bad comments and get depressed but now I read it all and it's great. I'll reply to most of your comments individually now.

Hey and by the way, they talk about the model a lot on GameSpot, many kinds posted some acid comments but there's many people who said they would buy the game now that models like that are available, that's great news!

Comment

This rules SO MUCH! I wanted to make the Metroid Arm Cannon too!

Now I have proper graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Metatronstar View Post
                          Be Patient My Friend...
                          Great Model by the way, i was checking the others out on your homepage, your quite the Pro Alcor
                          Thanks, well a few of the older I've done are quite bad by today's standards but we all have to start somewhere. But the next characters that I'll do will have at least the Samus quality level or higher.

Originally posted by BuSyMan View Post
                          I've seen your site, too, when you signed up at EE's... I'd really like to see The Darkness remade for UT3
                          AnubanUT2 told me the same thing, that's a surprise to me actually. I've done some tests and imported the Darkness in zBrush and I've been able to "push" my muscles quite easily. Meaning converting the model to next gen level wouldn't be that much of work. I'll think about it but there's other models that I would prefer to do before Darkness.

Originally posted by BuSyMan View Post
                          I'm loving the custom crouch and taunt animations
                          Yeah, that was the main idea behind this character. If I didn't succeed in making the crouch thing, I would have drop the entire model entirely. Hopefully I've found a way.

Originally posted by CVROY View Post
                          Sweet! I was a big fan of your Alcor models for UT2003/UT2004. Nice to see you modeling again
                          Hey thanks a lot man. You know, when I started I was a fan too. Especially of EvilBastard, Rorshash and a few others. Now with my 23 character releases hopefully I inspired a few people too to begin doing character modelling.

Comment

quick question. Was the "ball" animation specifically taken out before this was cooked for PS3? The reason I ask is I just decided to start up the game on PS3 to see if she balled up at the places you auto-crouch on PS3, and she didn't. So I just wanted to know if the PS3 just isn't doing it, or if you took it out before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega-Dragun View Post
                              Awesome work,I will hold off untill Epic fixes the family codes and custom content for the PS3 version.
                              Yeah, if they DO fix the family code issue, which may never hapen

Originally posted by Fuzzm4n View Post
                              Excellent model. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see your future projects.
                              Well, right now I need to take a break of all this, but yeah I should do a few more. The one I think of doing for a few years now is I Robot's NS-5.

Originally posted by Karmapolice View Post
                              she got her own animation, nice
                              Yeah like all of my prior models except the Darkness. When I do a character model I always try to add something special.

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
                              My only complaint is that the bots come standard without the blaster.
                              Bot #2, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 should have the gun actually, I don't recall for PS3 though. I could look.

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                              I assume I couldn't find a way to make her ball up like you did in that screen grab cuz you took it out, right?
                              Right...

How do you do it on the PC out of curiosity?
                              You just crouch...

For those you want to know technically how the effect works, here it is. There's about 65 bones just for the ball, each one controls a vertex and another one control the overall position and rotation. So to shrink the ball I just move all bones close to one another and hide the whole thing within the character body.

One TDM game got a strange bug where all the pickups on the map were lit up blue,
                              Next time, could you take a picture of your screen and send it to me?

(you put ALOT of Samus bots in btw)
                              UT3 supports max 12 different characters, so I made 12 samus It was a request actually.

One thing I don't like too much, but is not a big deal, and I'm getting used to it, is in TDM she turns WAY too red or blue.
                              My concept was that the red version was black and red, while the blue was white and blue, so it shouldn't be "all" red or blue, the body is not colored. Again, screenshot please.

What happened when you tried cooking all that other stuff into the PS3 version?
                              The character was all stiff and wouldn't animate when you moved around.

Or was that not even attempted due to that "family code" missing?
                              No I tried about 20 different configuration and failled each time.

It seems so strange to me, fps arms not working due to some "family code".
                              All those things are defined in an unreal script class you program or "code". UT3 didn't allow you to make your own "family" prior to v1.2 and it was fixed in that patch. PS3 still doesn't support it, it may be fixed in an upcomming patch. For now we are forced to use one of the existing family, in Samus case it's Ironguard Female.

Especially considering the fact that before he was erased ORGAN was saying it's very possible to get FPS arm on PS3 now, instead of later.
                              He lied, if it could be done I would have found a way to do it. It is NOT supported. I've read his "secret" method and it's the exact same thing I've done with PS3 Samus. You can only make a character based on an existing family, which is what he did for his rogue version of Master Chief. The proof is that you can swap the character pieces and mix and match them with the original unreal parts of that family. Something you can do with PS3 Samus but not with PC Samus. Hence the "family" code.

Unfortunately due to all that site's shenanigans, it was shut down before he shared his knowledge of PS3 cooking.
                              Good riddance... :P

Originally posted by ClockworkJB View Post
                              On that note, although the morph ball crouching is hilarious, it's way to large and hides the weapon.
                              I've heard that one a few time. You see, when you play Metroid Prime, in the pause menu you have access to information concerning the armor and in the Morph Ball description it's written that the ball is 1m in diameter. My Samus height 5'5'', and I scaled the ball accordingly. So it has the good scale. Also I obviously needed the ball to be large enough to cover the shoulder width.

Comment

quick question. Was the "ball" animation specifically taken out before this was cooked for PS3? The reason I ask is I just decided to start up the game on PS3 to see if she balled up at the places you auto-crouch on PS3, and she didn't. So I just wanted to know if the PS3 just isn't doing it, or if you took it out before hand.
                                Quick answer, yeah I had to take it out of the PS3 version unfortunately. It's not like I didn't try...

Comment

Working...
                                X