No announcement yet.

UT3 model Samus Aran v1.0 [Final, Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I was kind of expecting a zero suit as well, maybe something you could think about. I have the PS3 version, but from what I've seen... You've done an amazing job with this model. You also get a plus for adding multiple bots of Samus. My only complaint is that the bots come standard without the blaster. I kinda like it on, even if it doesn't make sense for her to have it while holding a gun. XD Amazing job, and thank you and Anuban for bringing this to the PS3. I'm very grateful.

Comment

I downloaded the PS3 version. Thanks for the great job. I like the fact that you gave a couple options with her armor, and gun arm. I do think it's odd that fps arms are tied to that family thing but OK, no big deal. Since you said you took so much out for the PS3 version I assume I couldn't find a way to make her ball up like you did in that screen grab cuz you took it out, right? How do you do it on the PC out of curiosity? As for bugs on PS3.....well, I can't really tell. I've had a couple bugs show up after putting her on, but strangly, I can't reproduce the bugs twice in a row under the same conditions. It froze up once on a stock map, like spawn always did for me, but it didn't do it again. One TDM game got a strange bug where all the pickups on the map were lit up blue, the way your character would in TDM. In one DM all the bots were colored either red or blue like it was a TDM besides the Samus bots (you put ALOT of Samus bots in btw), they had their normal coloring. But none of them have repeated under the same conditions.

One thing I don't like too much, but is not a big deal, and I'm getting used to it, is in TDM she turns WAY too red or blue. All of her armor changes. It doesn't look BAD, it's just REALLY red or REALLY blue. Also, just wondering. What happened when you tried cooking all that other stuff into the PS3 version? Or was that not even attempted due to that "family code" missing? It seems so strange to me, fps arms not working due to some "family code". Especially considering the fact that before he was erased ORGAN was saying it's very possible to get FPS arm on PS3 now, instead of later. Unfortunately due to all that site's shenanigans, it was shut down before he shared his knowledge of PS3 cooking.

Comment

I just gave it a look in game. Good stuff! Thanks for the awesome model.

Comment

As a huge Metroid fan, I've been waiting for this one for ages, thanks heaps! It looks great and I didn't find any bugs whatsoever. The taunts are cool, especially the point and shoot one, but I think a Smash Bros style one would be cooler than the whole spin the morph ball around thing. On that note, although the morph ball crouching is hilarious, it's way to large and hides the weapon. Normal crouching would probably be better in this instance. Also, the skin could probably do with increased normal map strength and brighter glow for the glowing parts and the visor.

Comment

Awesome model. I can tell there was a lot of attention to detail while making this. That is actually an understatement. Good job!

Comment

Awesome model... DOWNLOADING!!!!

I hope someone with your skills will create in the future a Jehuty ZOE model... 'cause this one remembered it a lot.

Comment

Also on the ps3 and the model looks fantastic. My only issue would be like Larry said with the team colors. Everything turns blue or red thats part of the armor so it looks a little weird when the helmet and such is all one color.

Granted I do mostly just play deathmatch, so....lol

Comment

Trop fort!!
                  Sérieusement nice work man! <<< les animations sont vraiment superbes sans compter le crouch.. wow -> 5 stars

Comment

Nice. There is a 2nd bug u didn't mension in readme. When Shoulder Pads r removed, there's no connection between arms & shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by Secundus View Post
                      Somewhere where I don't have to sign up to download would be nice.
                      But you already have! Your login for UT3 is a gamespy id just enter that.

Comment

I'm having a problem with Samus on my PS3. Everytime I make an instant-action bot match, I select Samus Aran first, then maybe a few other custom models and before the match begins, the game glitches out on me and gives me these really neon textures on the maps and makes the vehicles and weapons turn blue. I have tested this all night, and it only seems to happen when I have Samus Aran selected as my first bot. When Samus is selected in any other order after the 1st bot, she appears as the default mask character but the game plays just fine with no glitch.

I have a hunch that you used the same family code (ie: "zz") and the other models are trying to read Samus only to find a female character is in conflict with their character. But don't take me seriously, I don't know much about programming for this game. It's just a hunch on why this may be happening.

Comment

I've played it on the PS3 and even if it can't support custom family code is one of the best models I've seen.

Is bad to see that you've been in some way forced to release a PS3 version... in order to not let hackers release your model...
                          I'm new in the scene sice a week or so... (releasing my first simple/noob map for PC&PS3) and I know it may have been difficult to let newcomers from a new platform ppl ask/beg/shout for cook content...

But seriusly, the UT3 PS3 owners doesn't need a full custom player with animations... they/we only need good simple player models/maps... soon most of the beggers we'll leave.. when games as GTA4, MGS5 or Killzone2 are released... and the PC users will remain...

Sorry for bein forced to released a PS3 version... an thanks again. (and sorry about my english XDD)

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdrewmungus View Post
                            But you already have! Your login for UT3 is a gamespy id just enter that.
                            Doesn't work.

Comment

Great model, her character select pose...very cool, I think she dies too much...wait that's just me.

Comment

Very nice, design is topshelf, animation seems well especially for handworking the animations themselves. I'm looking forward to more of your work Alcor.

Comment

Working...
                                X