Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V5, now configurable

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Released: Battle Team/Freezetag Arena V5, now configurable

    Battle Team Arena (BTA) and Battle Freezetag Arena (BFA) are game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

    With Battle Team Arena you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

    With Battle Freezetag Arena instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round.

    New in V5:
    * Created 2 in game setting dialogs (F12) for players and admins
    * Added configurable hit sounds (32 options)
    * Added configurable skins for frozen players (4 options)
    * Added configurable skins for regular players (glowing, bright, liquid), also depends on UT3 settings
    * Messages and sounds for various game events (e.g. thawing and getting back in the game)
    * Between rounds you can now spec players from the other team and see their health in the HUD
    * Added settings for admins (with a nice in game dialog), most settings work immediately

    Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

    New in game player settings dialog (admin button only for admins):


    New in game admin settings dialog (most settings work immediately):


    Detailed statistics:


    Overview (freezetag):

    #2
    Awesomenesssssssssss!!!!!

    Thank you BattleMode!

    But is there anyway you can put a version number on the end of it to stop mismatches?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Al View Post
      Awesomenesssssssssss!!!!! Thank you BattleMode! But is there anyway you can put a version number on the end of it to stop mismatches?
      That is no longer needed for UT3.

      Comment


        #4
        Ya learn something new everyday

        Thanks again!

        Comment


          #5
          Wow. Incredible. You added everything it needed. This must have taken you forever. Thanks so much!!
          Bug noted very quickly.
          When I changed the frozen skin to the last one (glowing something) after the players thawed, they lost their team colors and stayed grey.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by MasterB View Post
            Wow. Incredible. You added everything it needed. Thanks so much!!
            You're welcome.

            Originally posted by MasterB View Post
            This must have taken you forever.
            From V4 to V5 took 2 weekends of coding.

            Originally posted by MasterB View Post
            Bug noted very quickly. When I changed the frozen skin to the last one (glowing something) after the players thawed, they lost their team colors and stayed grey.
            I will investigate this.

            Comment


              #7
              Thx for the new version .
              I have installed allready and found a bug that you should check. If you have set for example minplayers=2 that the player can play with a bot for wait to another player and the round start, the bot will be immediately dead. In the next round the bot is no more shown in the left blue/red window, but when you push F1 he is still there, but he cant join anymore. So every round the player win auto.
              I also think that "Between rounds you can now spec players from the other team and see their health in the HUD" its not a good idea, because the team can check the health from the other team and talk to the own team for example that they are low and its easy to kill the other with the stinger or talk to them where they are.

              Comment


                #8
                this is not a request just a question, would this be able to play on PS3, i dont think it can but why not?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Awesome work, thanks.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    And the zoom from the sniper is no more working! Also if you are 2 players and one need to download a map the round is immediately over when its start. This goes so long the match is over or the player finish the download before match end. I need go back to V4.
                    Hope you can fix it...thx for your hard work!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                      found a bug that you should check. If you have set for example minplayers=2 that the player can play with a bot for wait to another player and the round start, the bot will be immediately dead. In the next round the bot is no more shown in the left blue/red window, but when you push F1 he is still there, but he cant join anymore. So every round the player win auto.
                      Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                      Also if you are 2 players and one need to download a map the round is immediately over when its start. This goes so long the match is over or the player finish the download before match end. I need go back to V4. Hope you can fix it...thx for your hard work!
                      I made a beta version (V5.1B) of BFTA which you can download from http://bigbattleservers.com/beta/BattleTeamArena.u Can you please let me know if this version solves this problem?

                      Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                      I also think that "Between rounds you can now spec players from the other team and see their health in the HUD" its not a good idea, because the team can check the health from the other team and talk to the own team for example that they are low and its easy to kill the other with the stinger or talk to them where they are.
                      That information can not be used for the game since it only works between rounds. At the start of the new round you can no longer spec the other team and everyone got fresh health.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Ok i will test it thx for fast responce!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Fine this beta solves the problem, but when you change fov the zoom from sniper will not work anymore. Also the problem when the last player from a team is dl a map than it could be that the match is after 1 round finish still exist. When you play instant action the zoom works, but if you play online it doesnt.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                            Fine this beta solves the problem, but when you change fov the zoom from sniper will not work anymore. Also the problem when the last player from a team is dl a map than it could be that the match is after 1 round finish still exist. When you play instant action the zoom works, but if you play online it doesnt.
                            I will investigate the sniper zoom problem. Got complaint's before but couldn't reproduce the problem. No one connected it to FOV settings before though, so perhaps that will help me to solve it. Thank you for your input.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              The problem that you see all weapons was today on a standard map. So it´s not only a problem from some user maps.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X