Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Alpine & VCTF-Alpine by genthly - welcome to the Alps! PS3 D/L available!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The FileFront link to the PS3 version is dead.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks very nice for a first map. I know my first map looked less, although it was an UT2D-map. Now I make more nice maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    None at all, just let me know some more about it

* thx for the upload, i'll upload the ps3 ver. tommorow or the day after tommorow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC Version: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?action=file&id=1374

I would have included the PS3 version but your downloadlink for that one is broken. Can you re-upload it please?

Any objections if i add this to a mappack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ho... Thx witness
    It's nice to see that some people still care

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by genthly View Post
    This is my first map ever made in any editor, SPELUNKER, why should i say it is if it wouldn't be, i don't really get your point. Closest to that was editing a picture in paint or building a house in the sims. Thx go to EPIC for their great video tutorials - this is how i've learned what i'm doing
    see! thats exactly what i was thinking when i saw this map. i saw this map right after i made my first one and i wanted to cry.
    I was really really jealous when i saw this. but i didn't want to criticize...
    GENTHLY IS JUST REALLY SKILLED!!
    LONG LIVE GENTHLY!!!
    BTW
    i rly did like this map. this map may not be flawless to many...but to me, compared to my maps....its godlike....TY GENTHLY
    (also i know im not a whole lot of help...you need feedback not compliments) lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW this map looks soo amazing nice detail

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ughh i hate the music

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
    @stevelois:nice summary m8
    THX

I'm looking forward that new version to he he he

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cant wait to see that....(and cant wait to "play" the map in fact)

good luck

@stevelois:nice summary m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey again.
    ust informing you that i'm going to fix alpine today

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First time playing VCTF-Alpine

Thanks for an excellent-looking map! The visuals are great and I like the layout. I have three points of criticism, which I think were mentioned by others here:

1. I get major lag spikes when near or facing the house. Maybe too many exposed vertices or surfaces for most video cards to digest during the action. Try either hiding more of the interior from view or reducing the detail inside. As much as I love the look, it may just be too much on the fps. (It's been a long while since I did any game level design and I have not done UT3 at all, so I am not sure if this suggestion will help.)

2. The other thing is the music. I like the selection and the way it varies. However, it is just too loud! I cannot hear the action at all in some places- the house, in particular. Makes it difficult to know when your opponent is coming and from which direction.

3. I like the dark lighting but maybe a tad bit brighter in some places so that there is more variety. I leave it up to you to surprise us. You're the artist.

I played your map on the hedsteem server. I hope you are inspired to tune this map a bit more as I would love to try it out with no lag spikes!

ASUS Striker Extreme; 4GB Crucial Ballistic RAM; Intel C2D E8400 @3.3GHz; evga e-GeForce 9800 GX2 SSC 1GB DDR3; WinXP SP3; DirectX 9; 3DMark-14,841; Broadband 20Mb/2Mb.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree - this map is solid. An excellent first effort - well done. I do get a few problems on the PS3 with slowdown in some of the larger areas of the map, but not too bad. I'm also not keen on the mine interior - not too easy to navigate and I found I got stuck a bit (although that's probably me being a n00b rather than the map design ), but I love the "Alpine" feel of the outdoor part of the map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by genthly View Post
    Yes i do have 13 Pages, but how can it be that i only have to fix 4 maybe 5 things??
    Because the map is already solid. Even 5 things to fix is enough to push that nice map to perfect map. What you need to establish is, it is worth it ? Only you know that my friend

So it depend if the "to do list" can be fix in 5 minutes, 5 hours, 5 days, 5 months... and if your willing to accomplish this added workload after Shift

- Speaking for myself, except the music volume that is to loud, I love the map. FPS is low on certain places, it could be better, but not unplayable on my pc

- Speaking for the others in the forum, I read the 13 pages of feedback, gather all of the objective comments to find what others have said. This is the "to do list" and you have already response to all of them. Still, you gain some precious experience since then and maybe these comments can be address quickly. So there are the results :

================================================== =====

Setheran
    1- it's a tiny bit too dark, and could use a skylight to fix the pitch black shadows.
    2- the music, while I love the way it varies in each area, is far too loud. I think the music might work better if it had a wider radius, too, and just sounded much quieter from far away.
    3- I noticed that in some areas (like the tunnels leading to the cave) the FPS was cut in half for me.
    4- On the VCTF version the bots were also getting stuck on the ramp going up to the blue flag pretty frequently.

Myself
    It is not a complain and only my personal taste. Even if I like the VCTF type, I prefer CTF over VCTF. Since there is only 1 type of vehicle available, IMHO, I think that this map could be better if it was CTF type.

JelleRogermees
    The music is WAY to loud

gämmö
    I found it a tad heavy on the FPS side of things, particulary on the open areas.

mikemyerz666
    when i play with a few bots they always jump in the vehicle and eventually run into a wall and just get stuck there and shoot at me from the vehicle when i get close enough.

NinjaCross
    1- The tracks are so beautifull and suitable for this game. Unfortunately, the volume is too much high compared to other maps and the overall sound environment, so when in the middle of those locations the noise is a little too much disturbing and distraction.
    2- The outer environment (between the trees) is really too dark and so the gameplay in that section with more than 3 bots is very confusing.
    3- The waterfalls that comes down from the peek of the mountain are amazing, but in the lower part their appearance is a bit awkward. Infact in the point where the water falls into the bed of the river, the ground under the water is visible and its brightness is too high, so it appears a sort of light-blue trangular-shaped section that makes that point really unrealistic.
    4- The water in the lower part of the river (in the section under the bridges, before the last waterfall) is completely still (it not seems to flow through the river bed), and this drastically reduce realism.

{BFG}Bl!tz~
    i have some enormous fps drop downs and some freezes....i can run 95% maps without these frqn fps dropdowns ..but not this one

BiscuitWaffle
    would personally enjoy if you kept working on it/optimized it...Every time I go into a different area, I get gigantic lag spikes for a couple seconds that render playing the map 100% worthless.

================================================== =====

That is all. Think of it after Shift. If I can, I will give you a hand on that.

Cia

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i do have 13 Pages, but how can it be that i only have to fix 4 maybe 5 things??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X