Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Alpine & VCTF-Alpine by genthly - welcome to the Alps! PS3 D/L available!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
    I take a pretty hard FPS hit with this map.
    Anyone else experience this?
    i'm surprised it runs on your commodore anyway ;P

Comment

Originally posted by genthly View Post

I had to install 5KB additional memory.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
        I had to install 5KB additional memory.
        thx go to epic for their precious optimisation

Comment

Hey, I still have my Vic20 somewhere AND I had the expansion pack that upgraded the Vic to a whole 16KB of RAM!!!!!

Comment

Nice map, great visuals.

I found it a tad heavy on the FPS side of things, particulary on the open areas. (Prob due to all the Fx you have going in so many different places, that can be seem from various parts of the map, at the same time)

Good use of music and again really nice visuals.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Absolutely *amazing* !
              Thankyou for posting

Comment

this map is awesome, i don't know if you worked on bot paths for it and what not, but when i play with a few bots they always jump in the vehicle and eventually run into a wall and just get stuck there and shoot at me from the vehicle when i get close enough. I play it on the ps3 so i dont know if it's meant for all human players or if you worked on bot play or not, just curious, amazing map though, love it. (i mean the DM version)

Comment

Originally posted by mikemyerz666 View Post
                  this map is awesome, i don't know if you worked on bot paths for it and what not, but when i play with a few bots they always jump in the vehicle and eventually run into a wall and just get stuck there and shoot at me from the vehicle when i get close enough. I play it on the ps3 so i dont know if it's meant for all human players or if you worked on bot play or not, just curious, amazing map though, love it. (i mean the DM version)
                  the bot paths are there, but it's not that easy to tell the bots not to try driving thruogh the trees
                  I'll work on it, when i'm done with DM-Shrift

Comment

I played one hour yesterday night, here is my 2 cents
                    The overall map is really accurate, and it looks very nice.
                    I enjoyed very much playing at it, but i think that some important detalis (obviously IMHO) could be improved to take this map from "very nice" to "absolutely amazing"

Gameplay
                    1- The whole idea of location-base background music tracks is intriguing, and I love how it takes the game to a higher level of entropy The tracks are so beautifull and suitable for this game. Unfortunately, the volume is too much high compared to other maps and the overall sound environment, so when in the middle of those locations the noise is a little too much disturbing and distraction. Maybe lowering the volume of a 30% should do the trick

2- The outer environment (between the trees) is really too dark and so the gameplay in that section with more than 3 bots is very confusing. Maybe an increase of 20% of brightness would help

Visual elements
                    3- The waterfalls that comes down from the peek of the mountain are amazing, but in the lower part their appearance is a bit awkward. Infact in the point where the water falls into the bed of the river, the ground under the water is visible and its brightness is too high, so it appears a sort of light-blue trangular-shaped section that makes that point really unrealistic. Maybe making the background deeper and adding more water particles will eliminate the artifact

4- The water in the lower part of the river (in the section under the bridges, before the last waterfall) is completely still (it not seems to flow through the river bed), and this drastically reduce realism.

Thankyou again for creating and sharing this map with a great potential.
                    I seriously hope you'll hear and appreciate our feedback

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaCross View Post
                      I played one hour yesterday night, here is my 2 cents
                      The overall map is really accurate, and it looks very nice.
                      I enjoyed very much playing at it, but i think that some important detalis (obviously IMHO) could be improved to take this map from "very nice" to "absolutely amazing"

Gameplay
                      1- The whole idea of location-base background music tracks is intriguing, and I love how it takes the game to a higher level of entropy The tracks are so beautifull and suitable for this game. Unfortunately, the volume is too much high compared to other maps and the overall sound environment, so when in the middle of those locations the noise is a little too much disturbing and distraction. Maybe lowering the volume of a 30% should do the trick

2- The outer environment (between the trees) is really too dark and so the gameplay in that section with more than 3 bots is very confusing. Maybe an increase of 20% of brightness would help

Visual elements
                      3- The waterfalls that comes down from the peek of the mountain are amazing, but in the lower part their appearance is a bit awkward. Infact in the point where the water falls into the bed of the river, the ground under the water is visible and its brightness is too high, so it appears a sort of light-blue trangular-shaped section that makes that point really unrealistic. Maybe making the background deeper and adding more water particles will eliminate the artifact

4- The water in the lower part of the river (in the section under the bridges, before the last waterfall) is completely still (it not seems to flow through the river bed), and this drastically reduce realism.

Thankyou again for creating and sharing this map with a great potential.
                      I seriously hope you'll hear and appreciate our feedback
                      Thanks for the feedback
                      I'll do what i can to make Alpine better next time, after all, before releasing this map i was new to this business - this was my first map, and i didn't think about starting a beta thread - my fault. But right after i'll finish my work on DM-Shrift i'm gonna polish Alpine. About the loud music - you can turn down the enviroment volume, that'll do it for now)

PS. Thanks to all of you who are helping me get through all this. It makes me feel like making more and more maps

Comment

Thanks for the feedback
                        You're welcome, I'm very, very happy that someone talented like you (OMG, that's only your first map ) started doing UT3 maps
                        I'll do what i can to make Alpine better next time, after all, before releasing this map i was new to this business - this was my first map, and i didn't think about starting a beta thread - my fault. But right after i'll finish my work on DM-Shrift i'm gonna polish Alpine. About the loud music - you can turn down the enviroment volume, that'll do it for now)
                        I can't wait to see them

Comment

Yow!
                          Really nice map dude!
                          The only thing I dislike, are the vehicles. I just don't like them in DM.
                          Besides that, the map is just awesome and feels just right!
                          I'm really looking forward to play more of your maps!

Comment

I call a non-first map. You must have had an education in these things, studied 10x extra beforehand, and/or made other maps with other games.

This is not your "first" map. Yes, experience with other 3d game programs counts too.

A "first" map must and always will be average at best because of how unskilled and unknowledgable the creators are at the time.

Also...
                            VERY nice maps!

Comment

Originally posted by THE_SPELUNKER View Post
                              I call a non-first map. You must have had an education in these things, studied 10x extra beforehand, and/or made other maps with other games.

This is not your "first" map. Yes, experience with other 3d game programs counts too.

A "first" map must and always will be average at best because of how unskilled and unknowledgable the creators are at the time.

Also...
                              VERY nice maps!
                              This is my first map ever made in any editor, SPELUNKER, why should i say it is if it wouldn't be, i don't really get your point. Closest to that was editing a picture in paint or building a house in the sims. Thx go to EPIC for their great video tutorials - this is how i've learned what i'm doing

Comment

I forgot!!! i painted a map in worms, but this was about two years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X