Texturepack and Unreal Skybox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texturepack and Unreal Skybox

The forum is missing a content pack icon.

Name:HourNature Texture Pack
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility:UT3 - any versionDescription: Around 50 1024x1024 tiling terrain textures, materials set up. Rocks, sands, and so on. Free for use as long as you credit me in the readme, along with mentioning my website. Non commercial use only.
    Credits: Spoondog for converting it to UT3
    Homepage: www.Hourences.com
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/HourNatur.../fileinfo.html - 319 MB

All small preview screenshots here:
    http://www.hourences.com/book/texturesnature.htm

Thanks to Spoondog for converting! I was going to keep the pack UT1 only, but Spoon made me do otherwise

Pack is uncooked, so you can freely duplicate and rename materials and textures.

This was just a pretty quick little project for me, nothing more. All textures are photosourced, I took all photos myself.

Name: Unreal Skybox
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility:UT3 - any version
    Description: Unreal inspired skybox for UT3. Free for use in your level as long as you credit me and mention my website. All new art and high res textures. The skybox is very dynamic, everything moves. The stars only appear occasionally when the clouds open up. Basic directional light and skylight setup is also provided.
    Homepage: www.Hourences.com
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/HourUnrea.../fileinfo.html - 19 MB

[Screenshot]http://www.hourences.com/portfolio/work/art/unrealsky2.jpg[/Screenshot]

I made this in less than 6-7 hours after playing through ONP again got me inspired. UT3 is seriously lacking color and an Unreal feel, so I tried to do something about it. This too is a pretty quick little project I did in between other things.

Uncooked, easy to modify. Credit me when you use it, even if you modified it.
    If you recolor the colormap in Photoshop, you can easily change the colors of the sky.

The mountains in the horizon aren't great. Add 3D mountains in front of them to touch it up and give it more depth.

Feel free to email me screenshots of how you used the stuff!

Question - so you do permit modification of your skybox after all? Because in another post (in BU i believe) you said that you dont allow modifications of skybox textures.

I want to use blue-ish part of the sky instead of yellow/blue, so thats good news then

Comment

Nice stuff as always Hourences. The modding community can always use new resources.

I am thinking of making a small DM map in the near future with some custom static meshes and providing the materials and meshes (in .ase format) as a seperate zip.

Another question for you: As long as I credit you for the textures, do you mind if I use a few of these to make some new rock static meshes? It's another thing UT3 seems limited on. The stock ones are great and take custom materials well, but we need more variety. And how hard is it to make a rock, really?

LOL. Thanks again, as always your stuff rocks.

Comment

I don't think I ever said it may not be modified, so yeah, modify it if you wish, just credit me.

And do not overwrite the original package. Make a new one, port it over to mylevel, etc.

ShadeMistress, of course not, go ahead and make meshes for them if you wish, just don't import them into my package, but a new one.

Comment

you are a true gentlemen! thank you for all that you've done for this community. 1st class all the way!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome, I'll start on that in a few days. Thanks again.

Comment

Great stuff Hourences as always. I'm happy we have people like you in the community.

On a similar note ShadeMistress how would you feel about uploading your rock meshes once they are done?

Comment

Wow, that's some really useful textures. Unfortunately, I can't access Filefront.

I would be very grateful if you could upload these textures/skybox to another site aswell.

Cheers

Comment

It's worth mentioning too that the pack is ~43MB cooked and zipped. Though if people start distributing cooked versions of the pack we could end up with different versions floating about, so I'd recommend just duplicating textures/materials into your level instead of including the whole thing.

Comment

Very nice Hourences.

That is the one thing UT3 is missing. Previous UT versions came with alot of textures, but it seems (IMHO) that UT3 is lacking in the number of textures that previous releases had (or at least in the variety).

I'd love to see an industrial pack, as well as a midieval stone pack. Then we could get alot more variety in our creativity.

Comment

Thx hourences for your great pack !!! cheers ! if you can make an industrial texture pack that will be demax

Comment

I'm not a mapper, but I'd really like to see that skybox in a custom map!

Comment

You are my HERO!!! tx, for the texture pack and the tutorials

Edit: on second thought, looking at a 319 mb download, that should take me around 37 hours to download. Maybe I'll have to wait until someone realise that we actually need ADSL here where I live!

Comment

Holy **** SpoonDog! Got any UT3 maps in the works???

Comment

Holy **** SpoonDog! Got any UT3 maps in the works???
                              http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/team ^_^

Yeah... but it's not in a state worthy of screenshotting yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X