• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Torlan[UT2004] - UT2004 Torlan to UT3 Total Conversion -

Name: WAR-Torlan[UT2004]
    Version: 1.0
    Credits: FreEp, Sanch3z, D-Hunter, Team @ UnrealEd.eu
    Download: WAR-Torlan[UT2004].zip

[Shot]http://www.alice-dsl.net/thorsten.hamann/Torlan2004/CommTower.jpg[/Shot]

[Shot]http://www.alice-dsl.net/thorsten.hamann/Torlan2004/Base.jpg[/Shot]

[Shot]http://www.alice-dsl.net/thorsten.hamann/Torlan2004/Canyon.jpg[/Shot]

[Shot]http://www.alice-dsl.net/thorsten.hamann/Torlan2004/CommTower2.jpg[/Shot]

I made a video you can watch at YouTube or download HQ version from FileFront.
    YouTube
    HighQuality@FileFront

-----------------------------------------------

This is a total conversion of UT2004 ONS-Torlan.

In the beginning I only wanted to learn the new Editor, because I'll shift all mapping activities from UT2004 to UT3.
    So I started to sample something I know good and took ONS-Torlan, the best retail UT2004 ONS map, to gain some practice with the new Editor.
    Finally the map plays funny with that old-style look and I decided to complete it.
    My goal was a 1:1 conversion with original UT2004 Textures, Static Meshes and Music.

The whole map is small in video memory usage and amount of triangles. I tweaked as best as I can.
    So it should run fine on weaker machines. Some responds in this case would be interesting.

There are only a few exceptions to the original Torlan:
    The HillTop Node is a StandaloneNode now. Both teams can capture it at anytime but there is no connection to any Core or Node from that one.
    Another exception is a SpiderMinePortable near HillTop Node, because there are no more SpiderMineLaunchers like there were in UT2004 Torlan.
    At last I remove all Avrils and Snipers out of the Weapon Lockers and put them separate to that Lockers.
    Also I removed the Avril from the canyon CentralNode.
    Because of the small map size and much slower vehicles like in UT2004, I put the Stinger Turret instead of the other one,
    that is too fast in fire-rate.

The map comes with two Node setups, with and without Orb. Default is without. Best played 8 to 16 players.

-----------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD

...or PS3 Version (thx to AnubanUT2 !)

Have fun and Happy Easter!

Excellent. Only one problem. CAN'T DOWNLOAD FROM A FILEFRONT!!!!!!!!!
    But will try. I played your BETA. Excellent job.

Comment

Yes. I made it. Downloading now.

Comment

I hope that Torlan2004 will become popular on some WAR servers Good job Cosmix and thanks for this conversion. Nice to see my nickname in credits

Comment

Why the 2004 version when there is the UT3 version? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealBomber View Post
            there is really no reason to complain or ask why people make orginal-remakes of good maps

it is a great conversion of a very beautiful map and this way we may get more players from ut2004 to ut3. ut3 really needs them

Comment

And people thought UT3's Torlan was full of spawn camping...

Comment

good job !

what map coming next ??

Comment

Superb conversion Cosmix!

Hope the new engineering work doesn't get in the way of your important mapping projects

Originally posted by UnrealBomber
                  Well, as was said in the original UT3 PR and interviews with Steve Polge etc.:

If you want to be able to play original Onslaught on Torlan in UT3 you will be able to.

This map sort of fulfils that pledge for Epic.

Now then... is anyone making a mutator that allows advanced tactical control of the bots using voice?

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It runs very well on the PS3 ... thanks for the new level. Always wanted to play the original Torlan on a big screen ... the new ones are cool and all but "there's nothing like the real thing baby" like the song goes.

Comment

OK

Originally posted by aLeX View Post
                        there is really no reason to complain or ask why people make orginal-remakes of good maps

it is a great conversion of a very beautiful map and this way we may get more players from ut2004 to ut3. ut3 really needs them
                        ture it was one of my favorite onslaught maps

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                          It runs very well on the PS3 ... thanks for the new level. Always wanted to play the original Torlan on a big screen ... the new ones are cool and all but "there's nothing like the real thing baby" like the song goes.
                          That is great! Can you give me the link, so we can share the PS3 version?
                          BTW, I dont like Frankie Goes to Hollywood. "The Times They Are A-Changin" is much better (also lyrics), isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                            That is great! Can you give me the link, so we can share the PS3 version?
                            BTW, I dont like Frankie Goes to Hollywood. "The Times They Are A-Changin" is much better (also lyrics), isn't it?
                            Sure man ... are you gonna give me credit for helping this time.

Comment

Of course! I dont have a PS3, so I cant check it. A link to FileFront or something would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X