Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Tempest X/X2 [Two Layouts!] [Custom Music] [FINAL] [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Tempest X/X2 [Two Layouts!] [Custom Music] [FINAL] [PC/PS3]

Name: DM-TempestX / X2
    Version: 1.0 Final
    Compatibility: V1.2

Description: Both versions of this map are based on the original Tempest from Unreal Tournament 99. Tempest X is reversed in the X axis, and TempestX2 was created using the normal layout. Both maps are identical other than the orientation and lighting changes.

Comments: I wanted to create another map using the new engine, and decided to remake Tempest instead of creating my own map from scratch this time around. I figured that having a solid reference would help me to focus on the new visual style, and not have to worry about the map layout or weapon placement as much. I tried very hard to keep the layout and visual style close to the original, but made many minor changes that I feel make for better gameplay. There are many holes cut through the walls so that it's much harder to hide from your opponent, and I've placed the chest armor in an alcove so that there is higher risk involved. Overall the weapons placement and powerups are very close to the original design I've also created the custom music for this map (PC Only), and tried to make it sound similar to the original while still keeping the sound unique. This has been one of the biggest projects I've ever completed, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. My next map will hopefully take much less time... I hope that you'll enjoy my maps!

Screenshot:

Credits: Myself (Ryan "Morg" Morgan) & Epic for the original Tempest, and for making such an amazing editor to play with!
    Homepage: www.unrealjunkie.com

MANY thanks to anyone who helped with testing the BETA maps and providing great feedback for me all these months! Special thanks to AnubanUT2 & NyghtcrawleR for testing the finals out prior to posting!

Screenshots

--------------------
    DOWNLOAD
    --------------------

At last! Thanks for the maps, they´re great.

Comment

Sweet... thanks for all your hard work on these. These are going in my "essentials" folder, which is rather bare at the moment, and reserved for only AAA quality maps

Cheers

Comment

Congrats man ... keep up the excellent work. Definitely looking forward to your next levels.

Comment

Very nice. Time to die... I mean download.

Comment

Very nice job, great map, thx for this release ^^
            gg

Comment

very nice looking !

very fun to play too !
              good job and thank you

Comment

Great looking maps and excellent to play, many thanks.

Comment

awesome work! downloading now........ very slowly lol

Comment

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Glad you all like it!

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
                    awesome work! downloading now........ very slowly lol
                    Dang... looks like my server is getting hammered right now! I'll put up the files on my other server in a bit and post some alternate link as well...

Comment

Additional mirrors are available at Mapraider:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4237

Comment

I have try the beta of X/X2 and it play very well. The final polishing is very nice.

My only thing (it is not a complaint) is that I prefer the texturing/lightning of the X map since it bring more life BUT I liked better the original layout of the X2 map since I'm a old UT99 player !

If one day you make a "X3" version (X2 layout with X texturing/lightning), you can be assured that I will keep it like these 2.

Anyway, just wanna thank you to bring us a very good adapted remake.

Thx allot

Comment

Originally posted by FreakinMeany View Post
                          Additional mirrors are available at Mapraider:

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4237
                          Nice! Thanks for posting that for me.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          I have try the beta of X/X2 and it play very well. The final polishing is very nice.

My only thing (it is not a complaint) is that I prefer the texturing/lightning of the X map since it bring more life BUT I liked better the original layout of the X2 map since I'm a old UT99 player !

If one day you make a "X3" version (X2 layout with X texturing/lightning), you can be assured that I will keep it like these 2.

Anyway, just wanna thank you to bring us a very good adapted remake.

Thx allot
                          Thanks! Glad you like them! I probably won't be making an X3 version though. Kinda burnt out with Tempest after working on it for so long. Plus I've already started on my new map which will have custom meshes and textures... it's deffinatly going to take up most of my time.

Comment

oh goody, tx. just added it to my "to download" folder.

(maybe I need to explain: it takes long for me to download maps, so I do it 1 by 1)

Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by morg002 View Post
                              ...I've already started on my new map which will have custom meshes and textures... it's deffinatly going to take up most of my time.
                              Well, take your time to bring us at least the same quality map as you already do with the adapted Tempest.

You have talent and patience for sure and I'm confident that your future map will be even better with the time. Just take your time, we want quality and not quantity !

Keep the good work

Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X