DM-DG-NecrisIsland [PC] [PS3] [FINAL] [PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    I feel the same way. My maps are also, 90% better (not being cocky here) than what gets released most of the time. I'm sick of people giving me directions on how my map should look like and how this and how that. It really kills my drive to map anymore. I'm with you on this one all the way.
    Tbh i have no sympathy Bret, here is why :

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...grinder&page=2

Looks really bland. Needs alotta work. I will keep working on my version though.

Yeah but mine'll be better

Well if he thinks THIS one is good, he should see mine. Just sayin...
    From what i could see, is that the guy/gal is still learning how to map, how do you think your comments made him/her feel?

To me, it makes you no better than any other person with dry, cold and negitive comments to other mappers.

Comment

Well maybe if you guys didn't try to turn my maps into what YOU WANT then I wouldn't have such a god **** problem all the time!

Comment

Well maybe if you guys didn't try to turn my maps into what YOU WANT then I wouldn't have such a god **** problem all the time!
        Bret, I don't know who you mean "you guys" but I have never done that to you. I have posted feedback on your maps, sure, mostly positive. I have never tried to rework your vision. Check my posts, it's true!

Comment

Another thing that just hit me DG was maybe making a version without the deemer and some of the pickups ... maybe make it a little smaller by getting rid of a couple of areas and then re-release it as a tourney version. Do you think that could be a viable option? I think it would help to show that your maps are definitely worthy of being considered for online competitive play. You know I will work with you to make it happen so think about it ... it could be fun.

Comment

Please keep this thread ON TOPIC! You guys know better.

Comment

Just CHILL

If you ask for feedback and then don't like it you only have yourselves to blame.

Comment

DGUnreal makes the best maps imo, i always liked his maps the best

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                  Just CHILL

If you ask for feedback and then don't like it you only have yourselves to blame.
                  I didn't say I don't appreciate feedback, it's just that MOST people try to make the maps I make, into their own image. Anyways yeah...

Comment

Flak, sent you a PM. DG, LOVE your work. Bret, you too, you guys both rock!

Comment

Exuse my ignorance DG, but its only now i downloaded and played Necris Island, and i must say that it has a ... what i would say, is a atmosphere that you want to play in, same as with Waterfalls.

As with alot of maps, sceenshots dont give this map justice, you really have to play it to see whats going on as far as atmosphere.

As far as weapon placment and all that stuff, well i didnt care, i just wanted to get in a sun lounger at the side of the pool with a cigar and take it all in.

Nice one.

Comment

All maps are ready for download again. http://www.lilchips.com/freeue3.asp

Comment

Beautiful map!

All the DG maps run flawlessly at max settings with my new video card

It rocks!

Comment

This is a beutiful map.

Comment

Working...
                            X