• Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-DG-NecrisIsland [PC] [PS3] [FINAL] [PICS]

Name: DM-DG-NecrisIsland
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 PC and PS3
    Players: 8 to 24, maximum 32
    Download: from my web site here. Or my high-speed Mirror (hosted by hickeroar) here.

Description:

Three years after the destructive Axon-Necris planetary wars ended with the defeat and slaying of Akasha, those remaining few survivors of the Necris hordes who escaped annihilation found refuge hiding in the outer planetoids of the Krejan Rings. The final Necris outpost on the isle of Nkgjaba (Necris Island in the human language) was the hot-spot for the few remaining Necris insurgents. The Axon top covert military ops, the Black Quell, were star-dropped onto the planetoid island to remove the alien threat. Here are your orders, soldier, ...

Screenshots:

More shots on the main web site...

Notes and Bugs

Recommend a Duo Extreme or Quad Core and ATI 3000 or NVidia 8000 series video.

The UTJumpPads do not function correctly when approached directly from behind (the pads themselves, not my map), so step on them at an angle or back onto them.

A couple of people with NVidia video had issues running this map. It appears to be engine or computer related. No logged errors messages, etc.

Beautiful map. Runs fine on my rig

Comment

Fantasic look! High System Specs but Im sure its worth. Downloading...

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
        Fantasic look! High System Specs but Im sure its worth. Downloading...
        That is only what I recommend for maximum enjoyment.
        It runs fine on my second studio system (P4-3.2HT with ATI X1950Pro) 30 to 65fps, plus I even tried it on an old P4-2.4GHz with ATI X1650.
        It looks best on a Shader Model 4 card though (as does all of UT3).

Comment

Well, again a nice map by dgunreal for our ut (04 and 3 ^^) GG
          She's very pretty, thx for this great release.

We wait the next great job :=)

Comment

umm...yoink

Comment

One of the best maps for sure!
              only it would be nice if you changed the skybox to fit that portal in the sky and maybe open up the beach for fighting too i'm tired of getting killed trying to get to the water or those cool light houses or glowing towers
              maybe you should also make a story weather and sea version of the map with lightning etc (if it's possible in this engine)
              and finally the map is kinda big so surfboards would ease the pain of moving.

Comment

Congrats DG. Nice map.

Comment

I will download it again DG, lets see if I still have the same problem from the betas... hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by KAZUYA217 View Post
                    I will download it again DG, lets see if I still have the same problem from the betas... hope not.
                    I'm expecting it to still have issues on your system. If I could get a similarly equipped system here that I could test on I may be able to find it, but without any error messages I can only guess as to what it wrong.
                    It is possible that with the next UT3 Patch, those couple of people who are having issues with the map may be able to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                      I'm expecting it to still have issues on your system. If I could get a similarly equipped system here that I could test on I may be able to find it, but without any error messages I can only guess as to what it wrong.
                      It is possible that with the next UT3 Patch, those couple of people who are having issues with the map may be able to play it.
                      Ok man, here are all the specs of my computer:

Windows XP Pro SP 2, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400, GeForce 7950 GT 512MB, 4GB @ 800MHz (2 x 2GB) Patriot Extreme Performance, 500GB SeaGate HDD.

I have all the drivers updated until yesterday, so I guess the problem is not with any driver.

In case that you can't find anything wrong with a similar computer to mine, I will wait for the next patch.

Thanks for all your help with this issue and keep going man, you rock!!!

Comment

Tried vs bots on the PS3 and it works really well. Took me a bit of time to get the hang of it, but the level flows really well.

Comment

Well,

I've followed the beta dev but have not playing it but I was guessing that this map will be a must have when it reach final.

I'm very happy to have guess right ! When playing, I did not encounter any problem at all and have 35-60 FPS all the way (FPS like all the others maps). Just want to let you know that it run just fine with my rig that is :

Athlon64 3700+ @ 2.42 GHz
                          1 GB (2*512) RAM (DC) DDR400 CAS 2.5
                          NVidia GF 7800GT (256 MB) with Forceware v. 169.21
                          UT3 v. 1.2
                          WinXP Pro SP2

More, this map is even better than the first you did for UT3. You use extremely well the Necris theme without to be "like dead" or "colorless" visuals like those retail ones. And more, there is great color in the mix !

I only can say a BIG BIG thank you to provide us this kind of high quality maps. I have all your oldest UT2004 maps and I want to say that they are ALL retail quality in all aspect.

This one is one of my UT3 favorite including all the retail one in every aspect ; visual, layout, items, weapons placement, lightning, flow, name it !

Keep your good work !

And thx again.

Steve.

Comment

Looks nice but the gameplay's rather limited given the long view distances and flatness throughout most of the perimeter.

Comment

final version is out !

thank you !

Comment

Working...
                              X