• Show
Clear All

DM-Ricochet [FINAL][PICS][PC]

DM-RICOCHET FOR UNREAL TOURNAMENT III

Name: Chris "v3n" Crumpet

Version: FINAL (v1.1)

Compatibility: v.1 / v1.1 / v1.2

Description: A remake of my original ut99 map

Comments: Ricochet proved to be reasonably popular in ut99 so i thought I'd do a remake as a way to get used to the new editor and have something playable by the end. Scaling has been altered along with some other cosmetic and structural changes to make the map more suitable for ut3. I think the beserk in particular adds alot to the map so don't ask me about removing it! See the readme for a list of changes to the final version.

Screenshots:

Credits: All the usual suspects, notably Epic, the folks at #unrealed & Slainchild for answering all my quesitons and lending a hand when the lighting had me pulling my hair out (yes i know there's still quite a bit of white light!)

Homepage / IRC: #ut.evo / #evo.ut3 @ quakenet

Download PC: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Ricoch.../fileinfo.html

wow! that looks truely awesome for your first Unreal 3 map. Didn't take you long to get used to the new editor, did it? :P

Edit: your name makes me giggle Chris Crumpet!

Edit2: after taking a look at your map, I have a few things to address:
    Bots get stuck on the shield belt door. Maybe you should remove the button that activates it, as I can hardly see many people going to the trouble of impact-jumping just to get the shield belt. Maybe increase the time on the door, so you can run round after pressing the button.

Your map has no music. I'de add some music to your map to give it that little more life. Something like Mech8 would fit nicely. Avoid that dynamic music **** though, it just ruins the flow of the game.

Add a menu screenshot for your map Its an excellent map, and I think it deserves every bit of pollish you can give it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
      Edit2: after taking a look at your map, I have a few things to address:
      Bots get stuck on the shield belt door. Maybe you should remove the button that activates it, as I can hardly see many people going to the trouble of impact-jumping just to get the shield belt. Maybe increase the time on the door, so you can run round after pressing the button.

Your map has no music. I'de add some music to your map to give it that little more life. Something like Mech8 would fit nicely. Avoid that dynamic music
      Ok, the map has been built for online/competitive play hence the poor bot support, no music + also leads to the reasoning behind the sb button as its designed for teamplay. Personally id prefer to be able to shoot the door/button to open it ala ut1's turbine.

I wasnt a great lover of the map in ut1 but thought id just point out it isnt really intended for offline players - maybe if u pester ven enough he will add some music/bot support but believe me that button will remain lol (ive tried)

Comment

hey, that looks really good. could you please cook for PS3, or get Anuban to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by sas*w)v View Post
          Ok, the map has been built for online/competitive play hence the poor bot support, no music + also leads to the reasoning behind the sb button as its designed for teamplay. Personally id prefer to be able to shoot the door/button to open it ala ut1's turbine.

I wasnt a great lover of the map in ut1 but thought id just point out it isnt really intended for offline players - maybe if u pester ven enough he will add some music/bot support but believe me that button will remain lol (ive tried)
          and tried, and tried AND TRIED! leave me alone :< Thanks for explaining about it being for competetive online play though mate... basic bot support is all you're going to get, and who plays with music neway?

btw... just for the record, my real name isn't crumpet lol.

Comment

well, alot of people play with the music on, its a big part of what makes Unreal the game it is, so I believe you should add music to the map. Afterall anyone who plays competitivly, will turn off the music, so it makes no difference to them. Why not make the map that little more appealing to those of us who dont play competitively? Makes sence really.

As for the button, at least make it shootable...

Comment

Really love the look of the map and it's atmosphere.

Comment

well, alot of people play with the music on, its a big part of what makes Unreal the game it is, so I believe you should add music to the map. Afterall anyone who plays competitivly, will turn off the music, so it makes no difference to them. Why not make the map that little more appealing to those of us who dont play competitively? Makes sence really.

As for the button, at least make it shootable...
                Nobody online thats any good plays with the music on,you can't hear your opponent.This is a final release right? If so what you see is what you get.

Comment

So nice, have to try this one right away.

Comment

Andeh I might get round to it eventually... really though things like music, screenshots etc are very low priority with my other maps still to do / finish so we'll have to see. Other problem is that I don't want too many different versions floating around. But thanks for your comments, maybe sometime I'll get round to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                      Nobody online thats any good plays with the music on,you can't hear your opponent.
                      keep believing that mate

Comment

keep believing that mate
                        It's true!
                        He said anybody who's good!
                        In other words: COMPETETIVE PLAYERS

Comment

It's definitely true xD

Comment

Very nice too this, i remember your first, nice remake ^^
                            Two goods map this day thx

Comment

Any chance of a cook for the PS3 for both maps?

Comment

Working...
                              X