PCSpeedX & PCSpeedXPlus [PS3] [Final]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I used this code as a beginning start point for the creation of "SpeedX", the "PC" was dropped because this version is configurable via the mutator menu and it is certainly not "Politically Correct".

Running SpeedX with GameSpeed / FireRate settings of 120 will cause performance to be the same as "PCSpeedX". Not quite sure what values were used for PCSpeedXPlus, but I suspect it is 130-135?

The configuration screen is nothing fancy. I am not an artist, or a level designer, if you really do not like the logo or the scene make me a new one . I run systems and write code for my money.

Check out the thread at http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=679059

-hi3

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
    Uzi wanted this code posted so anyone can tweak his mutator as they see fit. I guess it doesn't work in combination with Berserk, and you can use this code to change fire rate or add it to other mods.

Code:
    class PCSpeedXMod extends UTMutator;

var()	float	GameSpeed;

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
    {
    	WorldInfo.Game.SetGameSpeed(GameSpeed);
    	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
    }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)

{
    	local UTPawn P;

P = UTPawn(Other);
    	if (P != None)
    	{
    		P.FireRateMultiplier = 1.2;
    	}
    	Super.ModifyPlayer(Other);
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    	GroupNames[0]="GAMESPEED"
    	GameSpeed=1.2
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't noticed any issues with PCSpeedX under UT3 2.0, so I don't think it needs recooking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aw man. Uzi is banned. I would like to suggest that he upgrade his mod and recook for 2.0 or does anyone still use this mod anymore?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see Uzi is banned so I can't ask him directly, but I am curious if anyone has an uncooked (PC?) version of this mutator. I would like to use it on a PC Dedicated for PS3 Server, and the userdata.jam is not going to work unless I am missing something (is that short code included in this thread the source?)...

I seem to recall seeing a PC version back awhile ago on UT3mod.com ... sure not there now.

Rapidshare Mirror
    Direct Download Mirror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

There is just something not clear for me with this mutator. I've not downloaded it and yesterday evening I played on a server at a really high speed and I've to say it's really cool. But why would I need to install it? Is it only to host games? And is it possible to see servers with this mutator when installed?

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uzi wanted this code posted so anyone can tweak his mutator as they see fit. I guess it doesn't work in combination with Berserk, and you can use this code to change fire rate or add it to other mods.

Code:
    class PCSpeedXMod extends UTMutator;

var()	float	GameSpeed;

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
    {
    	WorldInfo.Game.SetGameSpeed(GameSpeed);
    	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
    }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)

{
    	local UTPawn P;

P = UTPawn(Other);
    	if (P != None)
    	{
    		P.FireRateMultiplier = 1.2;
    	}
    	Super.ModifyPlayer(Other);
    }

defaultproperties
    {
    	GroupNames[0]="GAMESPEED"
    	GameSpeed=1.2
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NOOTSAC View Post
    For some reason when i put super berserker and the pc speed x mod together onto a ps3 dedicated server it wont allow both. I will feel the speed difference but the berserker mod is gone. Kinda sux cause i want both on there. Does anybody know if this is a bug?Or if it will be fixed?
    Not sure haven't tried it online. But that is definatly the way to play. Super Berserk + PC Speed= Absolute Carnage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For some reason when i put super berserker and the pc speed x mod together onto a ps3 dedicated server it wont allow both. I will feel the speed difference but the berserker mod is gone. Kinda sux cause i want both on there. Does anybody know if this is a bug?Or if it will be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I must say this mod made me do a little sex wee in my pants. Either way it was understandable why the PS3 was slowed down, it is tricky with the controller. I've got the Key/Mouse for it so playing UT3 with this mod is sweet.

There is one thing still that the PC version has over the PS3, and thats the rest period that your given between jumping. On the PC there is no rest period and you can bounce of the walls like a maniac if you want to. The PS3 version has a small rest period after landing from a jump, so you can't keep yourself airborne for most of the match. I imagine this wa implimented awell, because trying to jump around loads with the controller is bad news, you'll end up breaking your thumb bahing the 'X' button every ten seconds

But someone should get a mod on the go to really bring the PS3 version up to speed with the PC version. Then I might not be regretting buying this £400 sexy paper weight.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
    I use a controller only and there is no problem with the speed of the pc. You might have a bit more control with a kbm, but if youre good with a controller its not a huge deal honestly.
    So tru.

The only real disadvantage I experience while using a controller is the difficulty of performing a shock-combo while moving around.
    Other than that there's almost no problem, but I have to say competing with kb/m get's a bit harder with PCSpeedXPlus.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a controller only and there is no problem with the speed of the pc. You might have a bit more control with a kbm, but if youre good with a controller its not a huge deal honestly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic didn't slow the Playstation 3 version of the game down because the PS3 couldn't handle the speed, they slowed it down because the majority (keyword being "majority"), of the PS3 owners who would be playing the game would be doing so with a controller, and not a mouse and keyboard, even though that option is there for the PS3.

i have the PS3 version, as well as the PC version, and i can't imagine trying to control the game at PC speed with my thumbs. believe me, when games like Gran Turismo 5, as gorgeous as it is, is running at 60fps, the question isn't whether or not the PS3 can handle it, but if the speed is worth gamer controlability.

i've yet to use mouse and keyboard with UT3 on my PS3, but from my friends that have, there doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

this mod is great, by the way, and i'll eventually give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the Filefront links....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still can't play without this thing.

It's a shame that this is a mutator, instead of being standard on the PS3 version because it makes servers unpure. I tried going back to the regular PS3 speed and it just didn't feel right anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Filefront mirrors added to first post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X