No announcement yet.

PCSpeedX & PCSpeedXPlus [PS3] [Final]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I use a controller when I'm just testing out a map or mutator and the regular PC Speed version of this mutator even feels fine to me with a controller. I wonder why Epic didn't include this mutator with the game?

Comment

I hope they do add in something official that does the same thing next patch, it'd be good to have official support for proper speeds (even if optional).

I was having a look at UTConsolePlayerController.uc in an attempt to have a go at trying to kill autoaim, it has a "fixme" in the comments which sounds like original intention was to have it checking to see if the player is using a controller or a mouse, turning it on for controller and off for mouse. But because it's unfinished it looks like it's just set to being true for the time being, good news is this means we will hopefully see it implemented as they intended next patch, seeing as it was never meant to be in a finished state like it is anyway.

Add in a fix for dodge on kb and we could have pretty much the same gameplay experience soon enough. Fingers crossed.

Comment

**** uzi, nice job spotting that line about the auto aim. There's nothing worse than using KB/M and having magnetism meant for the controller move the crosshair. I can live without it, but it would be nice if the PS3 version also let you pick between controller or keyboard/mouse, so you could navigate the menus with the mouse.

Comment

This sounds cool, can someone tell me how to download it....or post this to Filefront? As far as I can tell you have to be a member on megaupload to download this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldridge00 View Post
            This sounds cool, can someone tell me how to download it....or post this to Filefront? As far as I can tell you have to be a member on megaupload to download this.
            It is free, you don't need to sign up. All you have to do is enter the 3 digit code it gives next to the download button that's inline with the Megaupload logo, then it goes to the download page where you wait for 45 secs and then the download button appears where the time was.

But will upload it to filefront soon for you.

Comment

Filefront mirrors added to first post.

Comment

I still can't play without this thing.

It's a shame that this is a mutator, instead of being standard on the PS3 version because it makes servers unpure. I tried going back to the regular PS3 speed and it just didn't feel right anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the Filefront links....

Comment

Epic didn't slow the Playstation 3 version of the game down because the PS3 couldn't handle the speed, they slowed it down because the majority (keyword being "majority"), of the PS3 owners who would be playing the game would be doing so with a controller, and not a mouse and keyboard, even though that option is there for the PS3.

i have the PS3 version, as well as the PC version, and i can't imagine trying to control the game at PC speed with my thumbs. believe me, when games like Gran Turismo 5, as gorgeous as it is, is running at 60fps, the question isn't whether or not the PS3 can handle it, but if the speed is worth gamer controlability.

i've yet to use mouse and keyboard with UT3 on my PS3, but from my friends that have, there doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

this mod is great, by the way, and i'll eventually give it a try.

Comment

I use a controller only and there is no problem with the speed of the pc. You might have a bit more control with a kbm, but if youre good with a controller its not a huge deal honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
                        I use a controller only and there is no problem with the speed of the pc. You might have a bit more control with a kbm, but if youre good with a controller its not a huge deal honestly.
                        So tru.

The only real disadvantage I experience while using a controller is the difficulty of performing a shock-combo while moving around.
                        Other than that there's almost no problem, but I have to say competing with kb/m get's a bit harder with PCSpeedXPlus.

Comment

I must say this mod made me do a little sex wee in my pants. Either way it was understandable why the PS3 was slowed down, it is tricky with the controller. I've got the Key/Mouse for it so playing UT3 with this mod is sweet.

There is one thing still that the PC version has over the PS3, and thats the rest period that your given between jumping. On the PC there is no rest period and you can bounce of the walls like a maniac if you want to. The PS3 version has a small rest period after landing from a jump, so you can't keep yourself airborne for most of the match. I imagine this wa implimented awell, because trying to jump around loads with the controller is bad news, you'll end up breaking your thumb bahing the 'X' button every ten seconds

But someone should get a mod on the go to really bring the PS3 version up to speed with the PC version. Then I might not be regretting buying this £400 sexy paper weight.

Comment

For some reason when i put super berserker and the pc speed x mod together onto a ps3 dedicated server it wont allow both. I will feel the speed difference but the berserker mod is gone. Kinda sux cause i want both on there. Does anybody know if this is a bug?Or if it will be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by NOOTSAC View Post
                              For some reason when i put super berserker and the pc speed x mod together onto a ps3 dedicated server it wont allow both. I will feel the speed difference but the berserker mod is gone. Kinda sux cause i want both on there. Does anybody know if this is a bug?Or if it will be fixed?
                              Not sure haven't tried it online. But that is definatly the way to play. Super Berserk + PC Speed= Absolute Carnage

Comment

Uzi wanted this code posted so anyone can tweak his mutator as they see fit. I guess it doesn't work in combination with Berserk, and you can use this code to change fire rate or add it to other mods.

Code:
                                class PCSpeedXMod extends UTMutator;

var()	float	GameSpeed;

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
                                {
                                	WorldInfo.Game.SetGameSpeed(GameSpeed);
                                	Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
                                }

function ModifyPlayer(Pawn Other)

{
                                	local UTPawn P;

P = UTPawn(Other);
                                	if (P != None)
                                	{
                                		P.FireRateMultiplier = 1.2;
                                	}