Clear All

PCSpeedX & PCSpeedXPlus [PS3] [Final]

Name: PCSpeedX & PCSpeedXPlus
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: PS3 UT3
    Description: See below
    Comments: See below
    Screenshot: None required
    Credits: Mysterial for better direction, Ambershee's tutorials for getting me off the ground, D4rkW4rr10r's helpful PS3 cook guides and Grinchy, Tailsnake, Grimps, Organ for testing and comments.
    Homepage: None
    Download: See below

This is the final version of PCSpeedX and PCSpeedXPlus, if you downloaded the last beta (Beta X) you don't need to download and install again as this is the same. The game is sped up to that of the PC version with the weapons remaining at default firing speeds (the PS3 and PC versions are exactly the same).

PCSpeedX - Brings the PS3 version of UT3 up to the PC's default speed.
    PCSpeedX Download
    Filefront Mirror

PCSpeedXPlus - Makes the PS3 version of UT3 20% faster than the PC's default speed.
    PCSpeedXPlus Download
    Filefront Mirror

All downloads will work on both EU and US versions however the directory structure is EU (just need to swap the folder name or drag and drop into your normal installation folder).

Good for practice, thanks.

Comment

lol I love this =)

Comment

quality mutator

Comment

I'm a PC player but it's great that this mut exists. Now you can all play the way the game should be played (if you have a kbm =p )

Comment

So, I won't be downloading this because I play the PC version, but I'm curious, does this increase the overall game speed (player, projectile, weapon switch, etc. speeds)? Or is this something to do with FPS caps?

Comment

my guess is cpu

but lol you should amp the speed to a obscured level =) & call it UT3 sonic

Comment

Originally posted by ORGAN View Post
                but lol you should amp the speed to a obscured level =) & call it UT3 sonic
                Haha yeah, might be a plan someday

Originally posted by theGoddamnBatman View Post
                does this increase the overall game speed (player, projectile, weapon switch, etc. speeds)? Or is this something to do with FPS caps?
                It does exactly the reverse of what was done to the PS3 based on what Mysterial replied with: "Re: PS3 vs PC gamespeed, we just change WorldInfo.TimeDilation, and then have the weapons specifically retune their firing speed so that's the only thing that is unchanged."

So in effect everything bar the weapon firing speed was slowed down for the PS3, PCSpeedX speeds everything back up then slows down the firing speed back to the default. Initially I tried just altering movement values but it definitely didn't feel the same as the PC until I re wrote everything and went with Mysterial's method.

Bit long winded, but hopefully that answers your query. And yes, the cpu is safe

Comment

How about the framerate?
                  I mean, there's a reason why they slowed down the game since the PS3 can't maintain the same framerate as a modern PC with good graphics card, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Schreiner View Post
                    How about the framerate?
                    I mean, there's a reason why they slowed down the game since the PS3 can't maintain the same framerate as a modern PC with good graphics card, no?
                    No. There are no framerate issues and everything remains liquid, nor was that the reason for the original slowdown in speed.

It makes sense, you're trying to put a very fast shooter onto a console and that's untested before, rather than scare off casual gamers they opted for a slowdown. While it is sensible, it's not desirable for a lot of us when we can play faster.

Trust me though, the PS3 can handle the speed increase just fine without any issues, either at +20% or +40%. Not sure how fast you could go as I haven't tried, but hardly seems to stress it any

Edit:

Just to clarify on some things too, Epic include speedfreak which gives a +35% increase. If the PS3 wasn't capable or it was detrimental it would not have been included. This mutator works in a similar way but evens things out to make it more practical.

Comment

Tested PCSpeedX & PCSpeedXPlus both work really well on my PS3.
                      Framerate is still nice and smooth.
                      Nice work, thanks.

Comment

This makes me want cross platform even more

Comment

Originally posted by Uzi Downes View Post
                          So in effect everything bar the weapon firing speed was slowed down for the PS3, PCSpeedX speeds everything back up then slows down the firing speed back to the default. Initially I tried just altering movement values but it definitely didn't feel the same as the PC until I re wrote everything and went with Mysterial's method.

Bit long winded, but hopefully that answers your query. And yes, the cpu is safe
                          Interesting, thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Schreiner View Post
                            How about the framerate?
                            Not true,from my understanding Mark said the speed difference is not a graphic issue its for controls PC gamers have a more accurate control so they can handle the fast movement....and PS3 gamers even though you can use a mouse and keyboard the majority of PS3 gamers use the PS controllers which a fast pace speed isnt accurate for that.

Comment

Ton's of Kudo's to you for this one Omega....Many props.

Another step closer to a united community.

Comment

Working...
                              X