Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Released: Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena V4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Released: Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena V4

Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena are game types where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

With Battle Team Arena you can die only once. Once all members of a team are eliminated the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

With Battle Freezetag Arena instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen or dead the other team gets a point and wins the round.

Battle Freezetag Arena specific features:
    * You get frozen from enemy fire and you can die from the environment (e.g. lava or falling)
    * If you are frozen and someone pushes you into goo or lava you thaw very fast
    * If you are frozen you slowly thaw
    * If you stand close to a frozen team mate they thaw faster
    * If you stand close to a living team mate with higher health than you, you get health
    * You get 2 points for thawing a team mate
    * Enhanced bot and squad AI that is Freezetag aware

Generic Battle Team Arena and Battle Freezetag Arena features:
    * Detailed stats in the HUD if you press F3 (cycle through all players with PageUp/PageDown)
    * 50% reverse friendly fire
    * You can see the health of team mates in the floating nametags
    * While you are dead (or frozen) you can use primary fire to watch team mates, secondary to view yourself
    * While spectating you can use jump to toggle between 1st and 3rd person look
    * FOV can be up to 120 (instead of 100)
    * Hitsounds with a pitch that depends on the amount of damage
    * Custom scoreboard showing PPH, Deaths, Kills and who is frozen or dead
    * You get 1 point per kill, 1 point per 100 damage
    * All players start with 100 health, 100 armor and all weapons
    * All pickups are removed from the map
    * Anti camping, a warning after 10 seconds, after 15 seconds you start losing health
    * Challenge mode: E.g. if red has 3 round points more that blue, red players will start with 85 health and 85 shield and blue players will start with 115 health and 115 shield
    * Allows all map types (things like power nodes, flag bases are all removed from the map)
    * 3 dimensional radar allowing you to locate all your team mates
    * Round timer, after 120 seconds the round is over and everyone starts losing health
    * The HUD shows the top 7 players of every team including health of your team mates

Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (includes instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

Detailed statistics:

Overview (freezetag):

3 dimensional radar; bigger/brighter=above you; smaller/darker=below you:

Sounds good - will give it a try. I used to play Freeze Tag for Quake II in ye olden days...looking forward to this.

Comment

I wasn't showing the non-DM maps in version 3 but they are showing up in version 4. Very nice. Just got off 1/2 hour LAN match. BFTA is just too much fun.

Comment

Looks very interesting, can't wait until they fix the gametype issue on PS3 so I can play this online

Comment

Nice, I have test it and i like it. I want put it on my server, but before i have a question. I run UTComp3V1 on my server, because gametype and mapvoting also for hitsounds an brightskins. Now you have hitsounds in BTA and UTC3 have his hitsounds and i need the hitsounds for the other gametypes. Is it possible to disable your hitsounds in the ini, because i didnĀ“t see something to do that.
          Anyone run this gametype with UTComp?

Comment

Cheers, will put up on the server asap

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
              Looks to be incompatable with both CustomUT1a and the lastest version of UTComp. The hit sounds override the gametype's, but warmup round stays on regardless of how it's set in the BTA ini. I could find no way to override the warmup setting. In CustomUT1a it would not let me ready up, with UTComp it ended the game after only 1 round...

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                I do not know. I have seen several servers that use BFA/BTA together with BIA Vote so that one seems to work.

Comment

I run BiaVote with BTA and it's just great, but the utcomp style mutators seem to conflict somehow just as they did in 2k4. I would be happy with just the brightskins part included as part of BTA.

The 2k4 version of TAM was also incompatable with the UTComp at the time. It didn't matter too much because the hit sounds and skins where built in and were configurable via calling the menu through the console.

I must admit the stock team colors are a bit on the dark side for these old eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                    I run BiaVote with BTA and it's just great, but the utcomp style mutators seem to conflict somehow just as they did in 2k4. I would be happy with just the brightskins part included as part of BTA.

The 2k4 version of TAM was also incompatable with the UTComp at the time. It didn't matter too much because the hit sounds and skins where built in and were configurable via calling the menu through the console.

I must admit the stock team colors are a bit on the dark side for these old eyes.
                    I will give bright skins a look.

Comment

Code:
                      [Engine.PackagesToFullyLoadForDLC]
                      GameType_PreLoadClass=BattleTeamArena_V4.UTGametype_BattleTeamArena
                      Package=BattleTeamArena

[UTGametype_BattleTeamArena UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo]
                      GameMode=BattleTeamArena.UTGametype_BattleTeamArena
                      DefaultMap=
                      GameSettingsClass=UTGameSettingsDM
                      GameSearchClass=UTGameSearchCustom
                      OptionSet=TDM
                      FriendlyName=BattleTeamArena
                      Description=Describe the game type
                      PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.GameTypes.TeamDeathmatch>
                      Prefixes=TDM
                      bRemoveOn360=False
                      bRemoveOnPC=False
                      bRemoveOnPS3=False
                      this may work on the ps3 =)
                      give that a go if you want

Comment

Originally posted by ORGAN View Post
                        Code:
                        [Engine.PackagesToFullyLoadForDLC]
                        GameType_PreLoadClass=BattleTeamArena_V4.UTGametype_BattleTeamArena
                        Package=BattleTeamArena

[UTGametype_BattleTeamArena UTUIDataProvider_GameModeInfo]
                        GameMode=BattleTeamArena.UTGametype_BattleTeamArena
                        DefaultMap=
                        GameSettingsClass=UTGameSettingsDM
                        GameSearchClass=UTGameSearchCustom
                        OptionSet=TDM
                        FriendlyName=BattleTeamArena
                        Description=Describe the game type
                        PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:UI_FrontEnd_Art.GameTypes.TeamDeathmatch>
                        Prefixes=TDM
                        bRemoveOn360=False
                        bRemoveOnPC=False
                        bRemoveOnPS3=False
                        this may work on the ps3 =)
                        give that a go if you want
                        are u serious

Comment

it may I'm new to the UT3 ini stuff but that looks right to me ?
                          maybe

Comment

I have installed it and it runs together with UTComp3V1 without any problems, voting, hitsounds, brightskins all runs fine. Thx for bringing back this 2 gametypes, i like it

Comment

n/m

-------------------- CUT HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X