Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-1on1-Instinct-Q3T5 [PICS][DL][PC]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
    even if its suppposed to be like that the orange can hurt ur eyes =P

dream on

watch out that a mufin dont kills u !

Comment

lol, hahaha muffin buffin !

Comment

Really glad this thread has come up again. This is a fantastic map, a true and worthy UT3 interpretation of its anscestor. I was so curious abt how this map plays in UT3 that I got two top level DMers I was spectating to download and play this. It was just awsome, mid-air stuff, rocket boot battles, really nothing else plays like it in UT3. One player developed an excellent route over the bio goo, starting on the outside edge and 'cutting the apex' for the fastest possible route (I love the bio chambers btw).
        To the posters who've sited the mist, it was designed with the mist in mind from the start. The areas are too open for full visibility.

Kamil, the map has been listed in my Quake Remake maplist:
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620848
        The only quake remake I've not listed is the unauthorised mod of this map, which I thought was very disrespectful..

Great map, is going to be on my server once its up.
        Crayfish.

Comment

I agree. The orange looks a lot worse in the screenshots than it really is when you are playing. Don't let it stop you from downloading it. If you play it and don't like it, thats different, but give it a shot and I think you will like it. On PS3 you don't really notice it, because you are too busy with the gameplay, which is excellent, in my opinion. There's one dead end, but I'm pretty sure that was in the original too. Tons of Z axis play, unlike many maps.

Comment

vn list

good to see that peps r workin on some other Tourney remakes

oh baby, this is hopefully just the beginnin

Comment

Comments: waaaay too much orange, even if the map is supposed to be like that.

Comment

Nice looking map but I sudgest no one plays it with bots. As we all know bots dont recignise blocking volumes so thay can 'see' perfectly in this pea soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                  Nice looking map but I sudgest no one plays it with bots. As we all know bots dont recignise blocking volumes so thay can 'see' perfectly in this pea soup.
                  i sometimes fart......
                  and its dirty n stinkin
                  MUHA

still better then a wet fart or?

Comment

i sometimes fart......
                    and its dirty n stinkin
                    MUHA

still better then a wet fart or?
                    What is the relevance of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
                      What is the relevance of that?
                      haha, im more bad ass then the grinch.

Comment

Fair enough then!

Comment

It's a very nice map and it bears a good resemblance to the Q3 original.

However, there's one thing I noticed, gameplay-wise: once somebody manages to get the shieldbelt, it's a piece of cake for him to collect the damage amp aswell (once you see your opponent already making for the shieldbelt, it's very hard to be at the amp before him, because you need the jumpboots to be faster, otherwise it's not possible) and if he has both, he's nearly invincible. So that's a very big effect if you miss out on the timing just a little...
                          The amp needs a ramp leading up to it big time I'd say.
                          I'd even say that two of these powerups are too much for a 1on1 map ... but that's not the point. It's good as it is, only a ramp to the amp is missing, otherwise it's too easy to just get both powerups at once and have an imbalance in gameplay.

Comment

people can any body make blood run?

Comment

excellent remake!

OK people, for the last time, the gold/orange/whatever fog is supposed to be there and IS in original Q3 map ("Fatal" Instinct) and without it the map is just like the author said. Also, I'm not really sure there is an imbalance in the gameplay because there is other items to get to balance out against your opponent; besides, isn't that what makes it fun anyway? This one has the same cool gameplay as the original Q3 map with added details for UT3 and good music; looks like the Necris had a hand in this one. I like the spires and domes as well as higher shield belt location and the bot is good. But I'm not sure the small armor powerup is worth the risk in the biochamber even if there is a quick and easy route.

EDIT: just played DM-Fatal Instinct by DJ Posse (I didn't even know I had it until I checked) and it is definitely a different experience and I like the fact that the small armor is easier to get to. Though it definitely losses a little in the translation.

Comment

working link

http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...-Instinct-Q3T5

Comment

Working...
                                X