CTF-Athea[Final][PC][PS3][Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    you can download here, http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=6740

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New link please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dang, I knew from the screenshots this map would be awesome, but when I played through it smoothly and explored the full map, I thought, "Why can't there be more maps as awesome as this?!"

Seriously though, this map is definitely a keeper. THIS is how all custom maps should be made. The amount of originality and effort put into this map seems UNREAL, and this is exactly what this map is.

AMAZING MAP!!! Keep up the good work, we need more CTF maps like this.

-ParanoiDave

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, here are some screenshots of the map (low quality, I took them while playing in editor.

[shot]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4387/27496178pi9.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1963/94036473ai1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2480/57518704lz6.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5269/70673093tr6.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7067/38732065xk4.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4656/39085412db4.jpg[/shot]

Anyway, the only thing I have left before releasing the map is some bot pathing issues!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh yes this map sould you be for MSU

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
    Well, it was not made for the MSU contest, but i'll make sure to submit my map to the contest anyway .

I'll see what i'm gonna do about those screenshots, hehe!
    take your time and cant wait !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it was not made for the MSU contest, but i'll make sure to submit my map to the contest anyway .

I'll see what i'm gonna do about those screenshots, hehe!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
    ... there's a new version of the map coming soon. With loads of changes, this version and the improved one is hardly compareable... I might release some screenshots of the new version before releasing it.
    Cool

Is this new version is for the MSUC ? Screens of this new version would be nice but maybe it would be better if you start another thread if that new version is so much different ?

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, PS3 Download is back up thanks too The Demon Slick and euchreplayer23!

Also, there's a new version of the map coming soon. With loads of changes, this version and the improved one is hardly compareable... the new one comes with a way better look, more ambience and much better gameplay. I might release some screenshots of the new version before releasing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This has to be one of the coolest maps have seen so far very nice work...Have it up on the -TAO- GIB server...Good job, and keep em coming...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok thx m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "and finally, I told AnubanUT to reupload the PS3 version since I myself hadn't kept it on my harddrive, but it seems like AnubanUT didn't keep it either. But he will recook it and reupload it once he gets time for it."

I will post another comment once the PS3 link is back up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How is that PS3 link coming along? Want to be able to download it for my PS3. Thx in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    I will give it a try and comment later.

I suggest that you write the version of the map in the title thread and in the readme (1.1, 1.01, etc) since it is FINAL there is no way to know if this final version is 3 months old or 3 days old.

EDIT:

Great level ! Thank you

I notice 2 things :

1- In the thread screenshots, the sky is very clear/shiny but in game it is very dark and it's raining. I don't know if the atmosphere was change intentionally with the time but, if is there a way to change shiny sky to dark sky and raining while playing it could be a nice touch.

2- Bots are getting stuck some time in the cavern below when they try to going out the big hole at the left of the base, the hole without jumpads. Adding a jumpad there would correct that I think.

I read in the recent posts that you wanna get rid or alter the lower level. I think that you shouldn't do that because IMHO, it is a that what it make this level a great level. The biggest positive point of the map is diversity and I don't think that you should alter it.

More, if you make another version of the map, I suggest that you use the mention CTF-Athea-RE or CTF-Athea-SE, it is a naming convention that UT players are familiar since UT99.

Thanks for the map
    1. The whole atmosphere is heavily changed and the sky is partly very shiny and partly very dark (still raining though).

2. Sorry, there will not be any caves in the next version, I know it looked pretty good but it really kills the gameplay.

Also, it will take a while before I release the next version. It's nearly done, but there are other reasons for not releasing it yet.

and finally, I told AnubanUT to reupload the PS3 version since I myself hadn't kept it on my harddrive, but it seems like AnubanUT didn't keep it either. But he will recook it and reupload it once he gets time for it.

But if anyone has the PS3 version on the computer, I would very much appreciate it if you would upload it to filefront and post a link here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I will give it a try and comment later.

I suggest that you write the version of the map in the title thread and in the readme (1.1, 1.01, etc) since it is FINAL there is no way to know if this final version is 3 months old or 3 days old.

EDIT:

Great level ! Thank you

I notice 2 things :

1- In the thread screenshots, the sky is very clear/shiny but in game it is very dark and it's raining. I don't know if the atmosphere was change intentionally with the time but, if is there a way to change shiny sky to dark sky and raining while playing it could be a nice touch.

2- Bots are getting stuck some time in the cavern below when they try to going out the big hole at the left of the base, the hole without jumpads. Adding a jumpad there would correct that I think.

I read in the recent posts that you wanna get rid or alter the lower level. I think that you shouldn't do that because IMHO, it is a that what it make this level a great level. The biggest positive point of the map is diversity and I don't think that you should alter it.

More, if you make another version of the map, I suggest that you use the mention CTF-Athea-RE or CTF-Athea-SE, it is a naming convention that UT players are familiar since UT99.

Thanks for the map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How is that PS3 link coming along? I'd love to be able to play this map. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X