Released: Battle Team Arena P3, now with detailed statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Released: Battle Team Arena P3, now with detailed statistics

Battle Team Arena is a game type where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

With Battle Team Arena instead of getting killed you can get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

Test server: 79.99.24.9:9999 (or filter for non pure TDM, "#1 BigBattleServers.com Battle Team Arena")

New features:
    * Detailed stats in the HUD if you press F3 (cycle through all players with PageUp/PageDown)
    * Enhanced bot and squad AI that is Battle Team Arena aware
    * 50% reverse friendly fire
    * You get frozen from enemy fire and you can die from the environment (e.g. lava or falling)
    * If you are frozen and someone pushes you into goo or lava you thaw very fast
    * You can see the health of team mates (or how frozen they are) in the floating nametags
    * While spectating (frozen or death) you can use jump to toggle between 1st and 3rd person look

Other features:
    * While you are frozen you can use primary fire to watch team mates, secondary to view yourself
    * FOV can be up to 120 (instead of 100)
    * Hitsounds with a pitch that depends on the amount of damage
    * Custom scoreboard showing PPH, Deaths, Kills and who is frozen or dead
    * If you are frozen you slowly thaw
    * If you stand close to a frozen team mate they thaw faster
    * If you stand close to a living team mate with higher health than you, you get health
    * You get 1 point per kill, 1 point per 100 damage and 2 points for unfreezing a team mate
    * All players start with 100 health, 100 armor and all weapons
    * All pickups are removed from the map
    * Anti camping, a warning after 10 seconds, after 15 seconds you start losing health
    * Challenge mode: E.g. if red has 3 round points more that blue, red players will
    start with 85 health and 85 shield and blue players will start with 115 health and 115 shield
    * Allows all map types (things like power nodes, flag bases are all removed from the map)
    * 3 dimensional radar allowing you to locate all your team mates
    * Round timer, after 120 seconds the round is over and everyone starts losing health
    * The HUD shows the top 7 players of every team including health of your team mates

Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (including instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

Detailed statistics:

Overview:

3 dimensional radar; bigger/brighter=above you; smaller/darker=below you:

Thanks BattleMode!

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
      Thanks BattleMode!
      You're welcome!

Comment

Battlemode,
        I can't thank you enough for this great gametype.
        You continue to improve/refine it. My only reservation when switching from UT2004 to UT3 was losing all the great additions. Freeze Tag was my favorite gametype.
        I hope you continue supporting this. The community really appreciates it!!

Comment

This looks interesting, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
            Battlemode,
            You continue to improve/refine it. My only reservation when switching from UT2004 to UT3 was losing all the great additions. Freeze Tag was my favorite gametype.
            I'm fully agreed with this !
            Go on !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
              I'm fully agreed with this ! Go on !!!
              Originally posted by gämmö View Post
              This looks interesting, thanks.
              Battlemode,
              You're welcome. I get a lot of input from the Titan community on this (as mentioned in the readme) which helps a lot in getting it polished. It is made with their preferences in mind. P3 will be the last prototype, I think I will release V4 in 1-3 weeks (first going to make a new version of BattleRPG).

I also got a lot of requests to enable "TAM" (elimination) mode. P3 already has everything that is needed for that so at some point I will perhaps implement that as well.

Comment

I have played and loved this mod since it was available. It's 100% stable.
                I installed the COG player models/skins found elsewhere in this forum. It has a few bugs but I can run it until I try to play Battle Team Arena with one of those models selected as my player model. Right before the map starts, I get a UT3.exe has experienced a problem crash.
                Is Battle Team Arena compatible with custom models and skins?

Also...
                Battlemode, You mentioned in a previous post that all or most other gametype maps are available in Battle Team Arena. I only seem to show DM maps.

Lastly, I saw in a prev. post that someone recommended changing the nane of Battle Team Arena to something like Battle Freeze Arena. I also think this is a good idea. It better descrides the game type and would be easier to find if others "Googled" for it as their search would likely include "freeze" in the search.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                  I also got a lot of requests to enable "TAM" (elimination) mode. P3 already has everything that is needed for that so at some point I will perhaps implement that as well.

*drools on keyboard*

Comment

Also... Battlemode, You mentioned in a previous post that all or most other gametype maps are available in Battle Team Arena. I only seem to show DM maps.
                    Perhaps you are using an old INI? It should work with all map types.

Lastly, I saw in a prev. post that someone recommended changing the nane of Battle Team Arena to something like Battle Freeze Arena. I also think this is a good idea. It better descrides the game type and would be easier to find if others "Googled" for it as their search would likely include "freeze" in the search.
                    Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                    Originally posted by BattleMode
                    *drools on keyboard*
                    The next release (V4) will have 2 gametypes. "Battle Team Arena" which is like elimination/TAM and "Battle Freezetag Arena" which is like the current version / Freon / Freezetag. Getting regular elimination to work was simply a matter of removing freezing and hugging.

Comment

I definitely am not seeing CTF maps in my map list when playing BTA. I reinstalled all of the files.
                      The only difference is that I am putting the .u and .upk into their own directory under CookedPC directory. UT3 seems to read files through directories without a problem so I don't that would cause a problem.

Comment

I definitely am not seeing CTF maps in my map list when playing BTA. I reinstalled all of the files.
                        The only difference is that I am putting the .u and .upk into their own directory under CookedPC directory. UT3 seems to read files through directories without a problem so I don't that would cause a problem.
                        Weird, I can choose from all maps. Could you try again with V4? Please make sure you use the new INI and put it in the right location.

Comment

Working...
                        X