• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Tokay_Towers [PICS][DOWNLOAD][PC][PS3]

Name: DM-Tokay_Towers
    Version: FINAL
    Compatiblity: UT3, patch 2
    Description: Long abandoned subterranian water works that have been reopened and retooled the purpose of death match. This is a re-envisioning of the classic Quake II map of the same name. Bots are fully supported and ready to rock!

Comments: Supports 8-10 players easily, more than that and it gets pretty frantic. Thanks to those of you who commented, I really appreciate the input, you helped me really bring this map out to what is should look like! I don't have a PS3 to test the console version, so if there is any problems with that file, feel free to let me know. This is my first map, I hope you enjoy it!

Credits: I credit id software with intially making a great map (back in the day), and Epic with making the UT3 that can finally show off that map as I personally think it should look now. I also want to thank my bro ria.enigma for helping me playtest it and work out the really obvious bugs for the most part, and all of you here at Epic forums who gave me comments and suggestions, thanks guys!

Homepage: I can be found at http://www.ut3modding.com/ as well as here and www.quakecon.org.

Download:

PC Download link restored

PS3 Download:

PS3 Download link restored

Congrats on releasing the final ... that was pretty fast though ... you had just posted your RC1 candidate ... I was just going to install that and give feedback but that's cool ... I am certain you addressed any issue I might have had. I'll be playing the PC version now and the PS3 version later this evening so I will be back with comments later. Thanks for all your hard work and making yet another really nicely done DM map (my favs ) to the collection of user created content.

Comment

Looks nice, dling

-EJon

Comment

Downloaded and will try out tonight, should bring back many memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Uzi Downes View Post
          Downloaded and will try out tonight, should bring back many memories.
          it certainly has for me! thx guys, i really hope you enjoy it!

Comment

I did notice that in the Flak room to the very left of the underwater lift when you look underwater there is a strange orb of blue energy but from the surface it looks like some bubbling water or something but I don't see a vent where it is coming from? What is that ... is it a bug or is it a visual emitter of some type ... what is it supposed to be?

Edit: I noticed another bug that will affect people like me who play with bots only ... whenever the bots get the UDamage they get stuck coming out of the water ... as if there is some barrier and they just either drown or get killed because they are a sitting duck. They don't even try to go back down and come up in another area. Also when the bots are taking the lift down to the UDamage they point directly down to fire and if there is bot below them they don't take into account a platform is beneath their feet and they blast away usually killing themselves if they have a RL or Flack ... maybe you could it make it so projectiles can go through the platforms to alleviate this issue. It kind of detracts from playing bots if they are always getting stuck in the same spot and killing themselves all the time. But overall the map is really a terrific map and is far better than it was when you released the first beta. Your map is a great illustration of why people should go through the beta cycle so hats off to you on a job well done.

One last thing ... I would recommend this to not only you but all folks cooking for the PS3 ... DO NOT forget to add a readme.txt file for the PS3 archive files as well. You always want people to know who the author was and any other pertinent info ... especially when the level is a remake as in this case.

Comment

Separate post because this is about the PS3 version ... it is good and plays well but I must say it takes more skill to navigate this level with the controller than most because of how it is designed. Its a lot harder to get out of water it seems to me than on the PC version. Some of the lifts move to quickly not giving you time to get off when you want which can easily result in death. Also the PS3 level has the same minor glitches ... those blue energy orb looking things in the water that I think are supposed to be bubbling water emitters ... but I am not certain.

This is definitely one of the more challenging levels I have played and high scores may not happen as easily since there are few long corridors and lots of lifts but little room for lengthy battles ... but its hard to get lots of kills it seems ... definitely not a map for the faint of heart. Looks great on the PS3 I have to say.

Comment

yay final version !

downloading
                try out !

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  I did notice that in the Flak room to the very left of the underwater lift when you look underwater there is a strange orb of blue energy but from the surface it looks like some bubbling water or something but I don't see a vent where it is coming from? What is that ... is it a bug or is it a visual emitter of some type ... what is it supposed to be?

Edit: I noticed another bug that will affect people like me who play with bots only ... whenever the bots get the UDamage they get stuck coming out of the water ... as if there is some barrier and they just either drown or get killed because they are a sitting duck. They don't even try to go back down and come up in another area. Also when the bots are taking the lift down to the UDamage they point directly down to fire and if there is bot below them they don't take into account a platform is beneath their feet and they blast away usually killing themselves if they have a RL or Flack ... maybe you could it make it so projectiles can go through the platforms to alleviate this issue. It kind of detracts from playing bots if they are always getting stuck in the same spot and killing themselves all the time. But overall the map is really a terrific map and is far better than it was when you released the first beta. Your map is a great illustration of why people should go through the beta cycle so hats off to you on a job well done.

One last thing ... I would recommend this to not only you but all folks cooking for the PS3 ... DO NOT forget to add a readme.txt file for the PS3 archive files as well. You always want people to know who the author was and any other pertinent info ... especially when the level is a remake as in this case.
                  glad you like it! as for the bots standing there while waiting for the lifts and pointing strait down, that has always been a factor since beta 1 and i simply chalked it up to bad bot coding or something. the bots not being able to get out of the udamage pool is an oddity in itself, since i placed "blocking volumes" pretty much everywhere in the map to prevent bots or players from getting hung up on details, so i don't understand that at all. as for the "blue orbs", those are the "splash" emitters for the water falls and those too have been in the last 2 betas and nobody ever stated that they didnt' know what they were, does it look like they need to be raised up? bummers, had i know that people were still having issues, i would not have released this as final.

Comment

Sorry man ... I didn't think I was the only person to see this stuff. I haven't had time to look at the last couple of betas but there are so many other folks around and this is where some feedback from PS3 users would have been nice since they had a beta version. Anyway don't worry it happens ... tons of folks have released a level only to have to go back and make a 1.1 or even a 1.2 (ask Bazz about Safeguard) version, yeah its a royal pain but if you want to have a really playable map for Instant Action players you might want to consider it. If not you still have created a really nice map and I'm sure it will still see lots of action.

Comment

oh well, i guess ya just can't please everybody, lol!

Comment

over 260 downloads and no comments, good or bad?

Comment

I'm almost crying... This map is all too good. Downloading right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Neocane View Post
                            over 260 downloads and no comments, good or bad?
                            I've been trying to tell folks on other threads they really need to start leaving feedback ... what really gets me is how whenever a map is first shown all the PS3 users come around asking for the level to be cooked and sounding all excited and then when it does get cooked they are nowhere to be found. This is why folks don't want to take the time to cook maps let alone optimize them and fix bugs on them for PS3 users. They are really not good with giving timely feedback as a group. There are a few that are good but they can't test every map there is. Its too bad because this is why mappers are moving on. Who wants to do so much hard work if no one is going to play the map or appreciate it enough to even post a simple "thank you it plays great" message.

Comment

well, i really did enjoy reproducing one of my personal favorite maps from the old QuakeII days, but a real lack of comments has kindof dampened my enthusiasm for putting out any more maps. to those of you who commented both and bad on Tokay Towers, i thank you very much for your feedback and i really hope you do enjoy playing it!

Comment

Working...
                              X