Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devil's Playground (Final Release) (pics) (PS3) (updated) (PC)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Devil's Playground (Final Release) (pics) (PS3) (updated) (PC)

    Name:
    Devil's Playground

    Version:
    3.0

    Compatibility:
    PS3,
    PC


    Description:
    Found under the rubble of war, this ancient city lays covered in the ashes of bloodshed while the many contestants of Unreal Tournament have now progressed through the halls of horror and found both victory and defeat among the battle scarred warlords who have fought here to earn the right to be called a champion after becoming the one sole survivor of this great proving ground now rightfully called...
    Devil's Playground

    Comments:
    Made solely by my own hands and imagination....

    Version 3.0 Changes:

    Fixed Lights for more dynamic visuals
    Fixed Bot Support for bots to be able to reach all places,
    (even secret areas)
    Added Player Starts
    Added Health Pick-ups
    Added New Weapon Pick-ups
    Added Block Volumes to 2nd Story Green Tunnels
    Changed Music
    Added Stingers


    Screenshot:











    Credits:

    DemonicWarlock
    a.k.a.
    Jason Berel

    Homepage:
    http://hosted.filefront.com/DemonicWarlock
    (New Website Coming at some point in time)

    Download:

    PS3 Version:

    http://files.filefront.com/***+Devil.../fileinfo.html

    PC Version:

    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Devils.../fileinfo.html

    #2
    WoW that looks. . . uuummm

    Comment


      #3
      oh only PS3 now ?

      this is first time I seeing release for only PS3
      you release beta version for PC but not final for PC yet ?
      I hope PC version coming soon

      Comment


        #4
        To the best of my (admittedly very limited) knowledge there is no way to prevent a map from being edited. Even the maps put out by Epic that come with the game can be edited on the PC that's why you see so many personalized versions of stock maps. The community is pretty good about not ripping off someone else's ideas but there is always the possibility. If that is your main fear you might as well not release for the PC but then you would be depriving the community of your work.

        Comment


          #5
          This was fun.

          Comment


            #6
            O0oOh, a newer version, I like this map ;D lemme check it out...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by xfuture View Post
              To the best of my (admittedly very limited) knowledge there is no way to prevent a map from being edited. Even the maps put out by Epic that come with the game can be edited on the PC that's why you see so many personalized versions of stock maps. The community is pretty good about not ripping off someone else's ideas but there is always the possibility. If that is your main fear you might as well not release for the PC but then you would be depriving the community of your work.

              I once opened up a downloaded PC file from the ut3 file, and the map was packaged in a square like surface with me unable to see what the map even looked like or what kinda layout he had used, and I would just like to know how this was done.....If I cannot find out, then I will release a PC version when I figure out where to find the ini file for the PC, because I can only find the ini file for the PS3 version which is wierd, and from my understanding, you can only see the map in the map menu on the PC version when you have the ini file.....But I could be wrong....I wouldn't know because I've never played my map on the PC....As far as releasing the map for the beta version on PC, I was new to the community and didn't know at the time that you could open up someones map and make changes to it through the ut3 file....
              But, never fear! I will release a PC version soon, because I do not want to withhold my map from the community in any way, but I do have that small problem of trying to find the ini file for the PC version....So I will read through the forums, and see if I can find any info on this so that maybe a release for the PC can be made today....

              Comment


                #8
                Okay, I am ready to release the PC version which I am about to upload here on the thread, but I just played it for the first time on my PC and I found out that the particles of fire are missing, and the map looks very undefined like it were a low quality shader used or something, so it actually looks better on the PS3 version...I don't know why this is, but it looks better in the Editor and PS3 than it did on the PC game itself....Maybe I'm missing something during the cook process or something...I don't know....
                Though I do not play the PC version so here is the PC version coming for those who want it to satisfy there tastes....
                I also came to terms that I don't want to hold back my map either way from the community being the PS3 version or PC version, so I'm releasing it for everyone to enjoy...

                Also this map will be featured in the magazine: PSM3 for the UK sometime in the near future
                So look for it either on this website or on the magazine itself if you happen to be an owner
                of a PSM3 subscription...All credits will go to myself so user content stealers Be Advised!

                http://www.computerandvideogames.com/sites/psm/

                Comment


                  #9
                  thank you for link of PC version !

                  there is nothings missing in Beta version for me
                  I go enjoy this final version now

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                    there is nothings missing in Beta version for me
                    I go enjoy this final version now
                    Just let me know if there is anything missing in the final version for you...
                    Thank you for your interest in my map, and I'm glad I can make the communnity happy in every way I can....

                    Comment


                      #11
                      DW, I really like Devil's Playground. I have it installed on our clan server [PC version], but right now I can't/won't include it in the map rotation.

                      It plays fine in Instant Action but, when it is the active map on the server and someone tries to join the game, they get an error message indicating that "jason_material cannot be downloaded. file not found." On the other hand, if we are in the server on another map and I log-in as admin and use the "admin servertravel dm-devils_playground" console command, it switches over to the map and plays as expected. Weird.

                      Any ideas on what the prob may be?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                        DW, I really like Devil's Playground. I have it installed on our clan server [PC version], but right now I can't/won't include it in the map rotation.

                        It plays fine in Instant Action but, when it is the active map on the server and someone tries to join the game, they get an error message indicating that "jason_material cannot be downloaded. file not found." On the other hand, if we are in the server on another map and I log-in as admin and use the "admin servertravel dm-devils_playground" console command, it switches over to the map and plays as expected. Weird.

                        Any ideas on what the prob may be?

                        It may be the fact that I had to uninstall the unreal editor because of problems I had that were unfixable, and I had to move the content of the custom packages, so that's why people are having problems with it on the PC version of the map....I can try to re-upload it after i play around with the packages some more to see if I can get them to work on the PC version....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I just have to mention, that your map is my fav user content for PS3.
                          It looks so great and is so much fun, thanks a lot !!!
                          I love the variety of optics in this map and all the added detail as well, The little Hole in the cave is a very nice thing, too. I hope, a lot of PS3 fans will load your map, they really miss something out, if they donĀ“t!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by DemonicWarlock View Post
                            It may be the fact that I had to uninstall the unreal editor because of problems I had that were unfixable, and I had to move the content of the custom packages, so that's why people are having problems with it on the PC version of the map....I can try to re-upload it after i play around with the packages some more to see if I can get them to work on the PC version....
                            Thanks for the info. I'll be looking forward to the re-cooked (for lack of a better term) PC version.

                            In the meantime we can still play it as long as I am around to admin the server to ensure that it is not the active map when no one is on.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Just downloaded this map (Been awhile since I downloaded a new map, normally I dont download every one that I see.)

                              But this map is very interesting. I found myself just enjoying the scenery just as much as I do exploring this map. RIght now I got 5 bots running on the PS3 version, and to me thats more than enough. Deployables are a nice touch, in some cases however...

                              I would rate this map a 7.5 / 10. Its a fun map, but I doubt itll be good online. Ill try to host this map sometime in the week and see if anyone enjoys playing this on the PSN.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X