Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Released: Battle Team Arena P2, now with 3 dimensional radar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Released: Battle Team Arena P2, now with 3 dimensional radar

    Battle Team Arena is a game type where only the most skilled players will win the match. You not only have to kill, you also have to survive to win this.

    With Battle Team Arena instead of getting killed you get frozen. Once all members of a team are frozen the other team gets a point and wins the round. Then a new round starts. You have to win a configurable number of rounds to win the game.

    Test server: 79.99.24.9:9999 (or filter for non pure TDM, "#1 BigBattleServers.com Battle Team Arena")

    NEW Features:
    * 3 dimensional radar allowing you to locate all your team mates
    * Challenge mode: E.g. if red has 3 round points more that blue, red players will
    start with 85 health and 85 shield and blue players will start with 115 health and 115 shield
    * Round timer, after 120 seconds the round is over and everyone starts losing health
    * Allows all map types (things like power nodes, flag bases are all removed from the map)
    * The HUD shows the top 7 players of every team including health of your team mates

    Other features:
    * While you are frozen you can use primary fire to watch team mates, secondary to view yourself
    * FOV can be up to 120 (instead of 100)
    * Hitsounds with a pitch that depends on the amount of damage
    * Custom scoreboard showing PPH, Deaths and who is frozen
    * If you are frozen you slowly unfreeze
    * If you stand close to a frozen team mate they unfreeze fast (and you get a little health)
    * If you stand close to a living team mate you get health
    * You get 1 point per kill, 1 point per 100 damage and 2 points for unfreezing a team mate
    * All players start with 100 health, 100 armor and all weapons
    * All pickups are removed from the map
    * Anti camping, a warning after 10 seconds, after 15 seconds you start losing health

    Download: http://bigbattleservers.com/ut3mods.php (including instructions and full GPL V3 sourcecode).

    Overview:


    3 dimensional radar; bigger/brighter=above you; smaller/darker=below you:

    #2
    Does this work with multi team?

    Looking good by the way.

    Comment


      #3
      nice work I will need to take a look at how you got a radar working since I will need it done for the Mod I am with

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by UT007 View Post
        Does this work with multi team? Looking good by the way.
        No, only with 2 teams.

        Comment


          #5
          Challenge mode: See bawsys post on the Titan thread... I agree with him - I would recommend just giving the losing team +5hp/shield per round, as opposed to inflicting the winners too. It'll be going on my server, great work!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Smaz View Post
            Challenge mode: See bawsys post on the Titan thread... I agree with him - I would recommend just giving the losing team +5hp/shield per round, as opposed to inflicting the winners too.
            See my response (http://ut2004.titaninternet.co.uk/fo...ad.php?t=15549)

            Originally posted by Smaz View Post
            It'll be going on my server, great work!
            Great! What is the address?

            Comment


              #7
              It would have been nice to have the option of keeping pickups. I understand why they were removed. There are a few mutators (Sentinel) that I would like to add. Maybe the option to add or remove?
              This is a great mutator and one that I was waiting for. I was a big fan of Team Freeze and Freeze Tag.
              Thanks for your hard work.

              Comment


                #8
                Updated to version 2 on HTM ]|[ Nexus 72.249.10.38:7777.

                Would it be possible to make the "radar" an option? I think it takes up too much screen real estate. Having the player status on screen is great however and that is all i need to keep up with my teammates.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                  It would have been nice to have the option of keeping pickups. I understand why they were removed. There are a few mutators (Sentinel) that I would like to add. Maybe the option to add or remove?
                  I will add this to my to do list.

                  Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                  This is a great mutator and one that I was waiting for. I was a big fan of Team Freeze and Freeze Tag. Thanks for your hard work.
                  You're welcome.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                    Would it be possible to make the "radar" an option? I think it takes up too much screen real estate. Having the player status on screen is great however and that is all i need to keep up with my teammates.
                    AFAIK the radar can be configured with UT3 INI settings, but I do not know how exactly.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Still awesome

                      2 things quick.

                      1. Radar of any kind = hacks. That is CoD4 noob stuff lol. I use my ears for radar Plus it takes up a lot of space on the screen.

                      2. Clientside options menu to control own footstep sounds, radar display, brightskin colors etc. I would like to turn off my radar but others may not, a menu would be great.

                      Keep up the good work, mod rocks.

                      P.S. Oh yeah, could you make the frozen "skin" into a brightskin? I would love to have skins as bright as ppl are when they are frozen, multiple colors? oooh so good. plz plz plz

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by ZenEye View Post
                        1. Radar of any kind = hacks. That is CoD4 noob stuff lol. I use my ears for radar Plus it takes up a lot of space on the screen.
                        Perhaps UT3 allows disabling it (I use the radar already in UT3 with some enhancements by Galtanor and by me).

                        Originally posted by ZenEye View Post
                        2. Clientside options menu to control own footstep sounds, radar display, brightskin colors etc. I would like to turn off my radar but others may not, a menu would be great.
                        Will do some research into this.

                        Originally posted by ZenEye View Post
                        P.S. Oh yeah, could you make the frozen "skin" into a brightskin? I would love to have skins as bright as ppl are when they are frozen, multiple colors? oooh so good. plz plz plz
                        Will do some research into this.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sweet. You rock.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            this is exactly like freon in 2k4....except theres no radar. WHY THE HECK would you put radar?


                            other than that, gj.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Uriop View Post
                              this is exactly like freon in 2k4....except theres no radar. WHY THE HECK would you put radar?


                              other than that, gj.
                              I think you'll find there was radar in freon....look closer.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X