VCTF-Suspense-Necris[Updated][Screens][Download][PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Suspense-Necris[Updated][Screens][Download][PC][PS3]

I decided to take on a mini-project and convert VCTF-Suspense, into a necris theme. Here's what has been changed from the original:

FIXED VERSION IS UP!

-Fixed missing sidewalks red/blue bases
    -Fixed jump pad not leading to the avril up top
    -Changed post process color of water
    -Smoothed out the terrain underwater
    -Changed map description in ini file

- Scorpion and hellbender replaced with scavengers.
    - SPMA replaced with NightShade.
    - Goliath replaced with DarkWalker.
    - Raptors replaced with Furys
    - Mantas replaced with Vipers.
    - Nanoblack water.
    - Black cliff rocks.
    - Different level post processing color.
    - Various tentacles in the water.
    - Broken Brige in the middle with jump pads for on-foot people
    - Small concrete "ramp" for bots to get across the gap

I should mention that the tentacles in the water have no collision; there is not much I can do about that.

Screenshots:

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/Suspense-Necris1.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/Suspense-Necris2.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/Suspense-Necris3.jpg[/shot]

Download here for PC:

http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Susp.../fileinfo.html

PS3 Download here!

http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Susp.../fileinfo.html

suspense just got better!

great job mate, d/ling now!

Comment

If you add blocking volumes to the tentacles in the water, it would have the same effect of having collision...

Comment

Downloading now, looks sweet.

EDIT: Ouch, gave me a Windows Runtime C++ error and crashed the game on startup after I installed it. Removing the map eliminated the issue.
        I know UE3 doesn't like having different map files that share the same name in the title. Other than that I can't think of any immediate causes off-hand.

Comment

I've been pretty impressed with all of your maps, I can't wait to check this one out!

Comment

Hi Bret!!

Just put it on my server it's F...'n Awesome Good Job!

Comment

BEAUTIFUL job Bret!

sorry to say, but this is the first map you have made that i can pick at... i found 3 issues... they arent really ESSENTIAL, but they ruined the "atmosphere" for me.

--> The post processing under the Nanoblack was still blue like in origional suspense... didnt look like nanoblack underwater at all.

--> The description for the map said "suspense world". This should be the Alluvion river...

--> The terrain under the bridge looked "jagged" where it met the water. Smoothing the terrain a little there should fix that...

sorry mate, im probably being picky. other than that, its a beautiful remake that i prefer to the origional by far

Comment

I dunno why he put it in Full Releases first, I thought it would be a beta.

Comment

i asked him if it was beta, and he said there was no reason.

i proved him wrong

Comment

Wow That Looks Bloody Awesome!!!

Comment

Yeah it's weird about the post processing underwater, I thought I changed it to a dark color but it seems to want to be blue, maybe I can fix that, and the terrain under the water too, didn't really notice that.

Comment

You should make the manta's raptors and the hellbender a fury...

Comment

um, what? I don't think so...
                          The mantas have been replaced with vipers and there is a fury where the raptor use to be.

Comment

Nicely done, I love the the new look. Impressed by the actual outcome of this little project. I can't give any actual feedback until a PS3 version is released, but you're obvioulsy one of the best map designers here, all of your maps are really well made.

Anyway, this map still seems to need a little bit of work so I guess I can wait for a true final before pestering you for a PS3 cook.

Comment

You said the raptors were replaced with furies... Ignore my post then...

Comment

Working...
                              X