SServerStart & SServerExit Mutators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SServerStart & SServerExit Mutators

SServerStart mutator allows game companies to give some control of the server back to the customer.

company would start the server like this

Code:
    ut3 server DM-Sentinel?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?Mutator=SServerStart.SServerStart -login=gpid -password=pwd -port=7777 -multihome=00.00.00.00 -queryport=6500 -log=server.log -nohomedir -unattended
    the mutator would then restart using what was found in ..\utgame\config\UTSServerStart.ini

in my case something like this

Code:
    [SServerStart UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=SServerStart.SServerStart
    FriendlyName=SServerStart
    Description=SServerStart v1.0 Will restart the server with the startup you want.
    GroupNames=SServerStart
    UIConfigScene=
    bStandaloneOnly=False
    bRemoveOn360=False
    bRemoveOnPC=False
    bRemoveOnPS3=False

[SServerStart.SServerStart]
    StartString=DM-Woodshop?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode=0?TimeLimit=45?Difficulty=3?bUsesStats=True?ForceRespawn=0?NumPlay=4?MaxPlayers=10?bIsLanMatch=True?bIsDedicated=False?AccessControl=TitanAdminHaxUT3.TitanAccessControl?Mutator=UTGame.UTMutator_LowGrav,TitanAdminHaxUT3.TitanSwearFilter,SServerExit.SServerExit
    customer could shutdown his server however the company allows them to do so, make a change to UTSServerStart.ini, and start his/her server back up.

SServerExit mutator allows you to select a time of day for your server to exit, I use this to exit my server at 5am, then age and back up my log files and ini files to another folder.

I ported both of these from my ut2004 versions of the same mutators.

download at

http://www.sargsoft.com/files/ut3/SServerStart.zip
    http://www.sargsoft.com/files/ut3/SServerExit.zip

_

Nice mut, I suppose it would come in handy if you had no access to the commandline for start up.

Just out of curiosity, what host do you use that doesn't allow commandline changes?

Comment

There are a few server companies out there that don't allow customers to touch the startup scripts, and you have to submit a change request to get a change done to how your server is started. With this in place, that is no longer a problem.

I've rented from a few myself, that's why I wrote this for ut2004 servers and ported it to ut3.

Comment

nice job Sargon :-) are you gonna port over the rest of your works from 2k4?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonezfirner View Post
          nice job Sargon :-) are you gonna port over the rest of your works from 2k4?
          Thanks, not sure, I'll look at my SSLimitPing mutator next, don't know about the rest, they may not be needed with all the stuff folks are coming out with.

Did you have anything in mind?

Comment

your old SS invasion and rpg had a good mix for old school invasion, ( i used to run the old Trikon server for 2 yrs). your limit ping would be a good one to port over. i still use the exit server and server start mut you made in 2k4. i am extremely happy that you ported it over. i was gonna write you and ask if i could port it over but you beat me to it lol. maybe even the Vortex cannon would be a cool edition. i know you didn't write the code for that but you were one of the first server using it..

Comment

Originally posted by Bonezfirner View Post
              your old SS invasion and rpg had a good mix for old school invasion, ( i used to run the old Trikon server for 2 yrs). your limit ping would be a good one to port over. i still use the exit server and server start mut you made in 2k4. i am extremely happy that you ported it over. i was gonna write you and ask if i could port it over but you beat me to it lol. maybe even the Vortex cannon would be a cool edition. i know you didn't write the code for that but you were one of the first server using it..
              Hi Trikon! Not sure SSInvasion would even be needed anymore, Galtanor's Invasion is pretty good, we are running that over at gamerzunlimited now, I need to install beta 9 though.

I was asked some time ago not to release the vortex cannon, and since I didn't write it, only figured out how to make it work outside the mod, I agreed. I would love to have it for Invasion though, or even my DM server. It was a blast to play.

Comment

roger on the VC.. oh well maybe they will release it in UT3.

btw i am [uSa]Bonez not Trikon. i took over his server when he left online. i still talk to him every now and then on MSN. just shut down the old server 3 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                X