DM-Revelation(LINK FOR PC/PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikehc69 View Post
    Stunning map, love the architecture! If you cook it for PS3 I will absolutely be downloading it.

Nice work!

You know better than to ask for it again man ... you have been around here long enough and hit enough threads asking for cooks. Look at the posts about three or four before yours.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
      You know better than to ask for it again man ... you have been around here long enough and hit enough threads asking for cooks. Look at the posts about three or four before yours.
      Well technically I wasn't "asking" but simply stating my intentions to play it IF he cooks it. If he doesn't I wouldn't be bugging him or anything of that nature.

Just a complimentary post more than anything. I love themes like this I wish the community had more maps similar to it.

Comment

Hey man, your map looks cool... but I can't downloaded it!!! I've been waiting for almost 10 min and nothing happends!!!

Please uploaded it somewhere else.

Comment

^^^ Semantics ... same difference ... It only needs to be mentioned once ... but yeah this level is pretty cool. Its just not my style ... I never have been one for castles per se and also the music just doesn't fit with UT imo ... it puts me to sleep and calms me and really doesn't allow me to get into the battle. And then the outside optimization also detracts from the flow of this really nice map ... at least for me. But it is good map without a doubt. Just not for me. But yeah lots of folks are going to love this ... no matter what the platform. If you don't know how to cook and want some assistance or someone to do it for you I would recommend ORGAN. He seems to have the magic touch when it comes to PS3 cooks. As a PS3 gamer I'm certain he would be happy to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            ^^^ Semantics ... same difference ... It only needs to be mentioned once ... but yeah this level is pretty cool. Its just not my style ... I never have been one for castles per se and also the music just doesn't fit with UT imo ... it puts me to sleep and calms me and really doesn't allow me to get into the battle. And then the outside optimization also detracts from the flow of this really nice map ... at least for me. But it is good map without a doubt. Just not for me. But yeah lots of folks are going to love this ... no matter what the platform. If you don't know how to cook and want some assistance or someone to do it for you I would recommend ORGAN. He seems to have the magic touch when it comes to PS3 cooks. As a PS3 gamer I'm certain he would be happy to do so.
            I'm assuming you've tried it on PC since you mention the custom music. Anyway what attracts me to the style is that it seems to be out of the norm with some of the other more common UT3 maps lately (space or industrial based).

I find myself trying to build a collection of maps with a variety of different themes, etc. Plus I always had a thing for medieval themed stuff

Comment

cool map ... =)

Comment

Great job with this. It reminded me a lot of UT99's DM-Gothic, both in looks and gameplay. The music and sounds are commendable too - the serene choir singing creates an eerie contrast with all the action. If you were to create a night time version you could probably make it pretty spooky.

The overall scale seems like it's a little smaller than it was supposed to be, or at least smaller than I thought it'd be looking at the WIP screenshots, which is a shame. I don't think it's a good idea for the water in the stream to kill you, either, as it just doesn't make any sense in this case. But those gripes aside it's definitely a keeper for me, and I hope to see it in use on some servers.

Comment

^^^ eerie contrast??? Well that is certainly an interesting perspective on the music. It just made me sleepy. I couldn't imagine being spooked by this music. But that's just me I suppose.

Comment

Just to let people know if they upload on server be patient it takes sometime to load up the first time,after the initial load it loads normal.Thanks again for the great map.

Comment

Solid layout and gameplay, good artistically too. Many nice touches. Great work.

Comment

Pasko finally made it !!!

sorry about late screenshot it was my job

Comment

Please tell me there is going to be a cook for PS3

Comment

It has been mentioned already ... read the through the thread next time ... its only 3 pages long.

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
                            Please stop asking over and over for mods to be cooked. Eventually that turns into trolling and we will ban you for that. One request is fine. People making mods have already gone to a great deal of trouble for the benefit of the community. Not all of those mods are going to be ideal for PS3 and it is the choice of the mod maker to decide to cook it to PS3 or not. So be polite and appreciative and maybe they'll help you. Be incessant and annoying and you're likely going to hurt the community more than you help it. We'll also kick you off this forum if you do so repeatedly.
                            So no need to bring it up anymore ... if it happens or the author addresses it then fine.

Comment

I agree, that screenshot is pretty dull, could you please post some pictures of the actual gameplay areas of the level?

Comment

Judging by those screenshots that looks a refreshingly spacious map more in line with UT. Really love the looks of the art style you've used too, itching to repeat something but will resist

Looks really good, nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X