Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Starkstrom [PC][Final][Pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Starkstrom [PC][Final][Pics]

*Updated with PS3 cook link*

Hi!

I finally took the time to learn UnrealEd 3, and out of my first tests sprung this feisty little map called Starkstrom (DM-Starkstrom). It's a very tight duel arena set in a wartorn city-like scene, and I think I pulled off a rather interesting atmosphere as well as some interesting gameplay!

Feedback would be most appreciated.

Pics:

And last but not least, the download links:

PC

PS3

Wow, it looks like you put a lot of thought and effort in.

I'll be more than happy to play it.

Comment

Wow. That looks absolutely fantastic. nice job.

Comment

WOW. The detail you put into this level is impressive to say the least. At least by what I can tell from the screenshots. I honestly didn't think the UE3 could put out that level of detail. There isnt a single CoD4 map that has graphics that good, I'll tell you that much. Unfortunatly, the detail is so in depth, I highly doubt this map will work on PS3. But hey, I also didn't think a physics map would have any chance of working on PS3 either. Anyway good job. I can't comment on the gameplay, but I don't think I've seen a custom map yet with graphic detail of this quality. Some have been really close, but this is another level.

Comment

Nice.. Very detailed yet my FPS was great, thank you for this map.

Comment

Awesome work; five stars from me. The visuals are definitely up there with Epic's maps, and it's good fun to play too.

The only improvements I can think to suggest would be to do something about at least one of the dead ends and maybe remove the teleporter, as both of those things hurt the flow for me. I also expected to be able to shoot through the chain link fence near the Flak cannon, since it doesn't seem like it should stop bullets.
            Originally posted by Larry L View Post
            Unfortunatly, the detail is so in depth, I highly doubt this map will work on PS3.
            This map isn't pushing PCs nearly as much as some of Epic's, so I'm sure it'd work fine.

Comment

2.5megs only?

Comment

I love maps like these man so all I will say is thank you very much for a very cool looking level. and now that the PS3 version has been brought up no need for anyone else to ask. If it gets cooked cool ... if not oh well there are other levels coming so no biggie ... let the map maker do as he pleases.

Comment

lol people have such doubts in the possibilities of the PS3, physics work good on it, i just downloaded that lego one yesterday and it works great. If only their were custom sounds you could put on the ps3. Back on topic, this map looks great, looks like you put an enormous amount of effort into it from what i can see.

Comment

Hmmmmm.....why did u place a Sniper in there? No place to use it anyway....too small.

Comment

Sniper is very much useful in close-mid range battles as well, if used correctly. Especially at and around the belt area you can place a lot of surprise hits that can easily turn a maplock in a close duel around

Thanks a bunch for your replies everyone!

Comment

This map looks really special...

Comment

nice looking map !

totally my type map !
                          thank you

Comment

nice map!! cant wait to play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                              WOW. The detail you put into this level is impressive to say the least. At least by what I can tell from the screenshots. I honestly didn't think the UE3 could put out that level of detail. There isnt a single CoD4 map that has graphics that good, I'll tell you that much. Unfortunatly, the detail is so in depth, I highly doubt this map will work on PS3. But hey, I also didn't think a physics map would have any chance of working on PS3 either. Anyway good job. I can't comment on the gameplay, but I don't think I've seen a custom map yet with graphic detail of this quality. Some have been really close, but this is another level.
                              Tsk, stop being such a downer.

Comment

Working...
                              X