Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job ...D/L...thx

Comment

Excuse my noobish question but when I import the BMP in the editor, the texture appear upside down ???

Can you tell me how to rotate the texture in the material ?

THX

Comment

That's strange it shouldn't appear upsidedown...
        And in the material editor the only rotate I know of is the one that is used to animate the material...

Comment

If it truly is upside down (can't imagine how that happened) you'll have to edit the image with Gimp or Photoshop and flip/rotate it yourself. But I don't see how that's really possible. Something must be going wrong somewhere for ya.

I'm using one of these for my map WAR-Maelstrom]i[. Thanks for your hard work and amazing sky domes! Something that really made the original Maelstrom stand out was the gorgeous skydome texture. It was also a shot of a real sky edited into a skydome.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=651674p
          [shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/Maelstrom_beta1.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Well, I wanted to use the right one on the second row, when viewing in Explorer, the blue is on top & the brown below. Importing the texture in the editor is the contrary, the blue is below & the brown above ?

I would tend to think that the brown goes for the horizon & that the middle of the sky is a a soft blue ? Or maybe it's done on purpose ?

Comment

On that image the blue is supposed to be down and the brown cloud up. That's how the original photo is.

Comment

Awesome stuff. I had no idea the skydomes were just bitmapped images, or am I assuming too much? So, a mapper can just import one of these images as a texture?

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                  Awesome stuff. I had no idea the skydomes were just bitmapped images, or am I assuming too much? So, a mapper can just import one of these images as a texture?
                  Yep, sure can.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                    On that image the blue is supposed to be down and the brown cloud up. That's how the original photo is.
                    Serious, ****

It look so much better the other way. I'll use another one then because in my map, it look very ugly.

THX

Comment

Or you could just flip the texture, then import it, if you prefer it the other way...

Comment

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                        Yep, sure can.
                        Cool, thanks for the tip. I might take a shot at making some skies reminiscent of the original Unreal skies.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                          Cool, thanks for the tip. I might take a shot at making some skies reminiscent of the original Unreal skies.
                          Yes please, the original Unreal skies was felt so alive, mysterious and atmospheric. Never seen any other game to date, not even new releases that came close to giving that feeling.

Comment

Heh the original Unreal sky was just a tiling cloud texture that moved slowly in a predefined direction

Comment

thanks Remus, these textures are very nice and I'm using a few in some upcoming maps

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                                the original Unreal skies was felt so alive, mysterious and atmospheric.
                                Originally posted by Remus View Post
                                Heh the original Unreal sky was just a tiling cloud texture that moved slowly in a predefined direction
                                Ahhh, the rose colored glasses we use to look into the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X