No announcement yet.

CTF-ExtortionUT3 [Pics] [Updated] [PC + PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah...it really REALLY is small. and those boxes are huge o.O, a pain to even get in the front entrance of the base.

making it bigger would make it less spammy

Comment

Yeah I understand what you are saying , i felt the same when i tried the gaunt and sprinta remakes they also feel cramped but i think this is down to the playing scale of UT3 rather than map size, so in what way the scale of the map needs to be adjusted i'm unsure.

I've taken a couple of screens both on same res and fov but by no means in the exact same postion but pretty close:

(though if it is being compared to a 2k4 remake i really can't comment as i never got into it , which yet again had a different scale.)

i might think about going back to the drawing board with it but that won't be for a while yet as my attention has gone else where atm

Comment

ah i see. i didn't realize 99 had it so much.

i guess the 5v5 match made it too much. i guess the nature of the map itself is a good 3v3.

very good remake though.

Comment

extortion is one of my favorit maps and i always wanted someone to remake this for ut3, but you really did a BAD job!

WOW i cant believe someone managed to destroy the real Ctf_extortion, even the ut99 version looks much better than yours, the graphics and colors on your version are the worst i have ever seen.

sorry but im just frustated over your lame remake

Comment

Originally posted by Proddeh View Post
            Yeah I understand what you are saying , i felt the same when i tried the gaunt and sprinta remakes they also feel cramped but i think this is down to the playing scale of UT3 rather than map size, so in what way the scale of the map needs to be adjusted i'm unsure.

I've taken a couple of screens both on same res and fov but by no means in the exact same postion but pretty close:

(though if it is being compared to a 2k4 remake i really can't comment as i never got into it , which yet again had a different scale.)

i might think about going back to the drawing board with it but that won't be for a while yet as my attention has gone else where atm

THX for the comparsion pics, you can clearly tell the UT99 version looks much better than the ut3 remake.

i hope someone with skill will do a remake of extortion in the future.

Comment

Would that person be you perhaps? i've just started mucking around with the editor and shared what i have done. If people play it great, if the don't i'm really not bothered as i enjoyed doing it.

Constructive criticism i can take but some one going out of their way to be an abusive **** is just one more plank not worth the time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX600F View Post
                THX for the comparsion pics, you can clearly tell the UT99 version looks much better than the ut3 remake.

i hope someone with skill will do a remake of extortion in the future.
                They looks pretty the same, so STFU idiot or make it yourself.
                Good job with the map, I think you have to work on lights and then It can be perfect. Make it a bit darker, not so bright and then you have rechead perfection.

Comment

slight bump

I have two previous versions of this map as well (one for UT and one for UT2003). I'll describe those first and then this one.

CTF-Extortion (for UT by DavidM) >> this is a simple, tight, small CTF with a layout that works great for small-load CTF servers and I'm sure it was played a lot back in the day. I like the layout and it's a great use of lighting and simple textures. This map was made for gameplay more than atmosphere. It's fairly obvious which way to go at any spawn point and the bots can be good when Loque and Visse are on the other team.

CTF-Extortion][-LE100 (for UT by ******* Guy, but the original UT2003 version by Quick) >> I don't have the original UT2003 version, so I'll just comment on this one. Yikes, suddenly the map opens up and is not the same anymore. It's not tight and feels completely different. That's good for fans of wide-open maps in UT2003/UT2004, but bad for fans of some tighter maps in UT/UT3 (of course, this is a gross generalization but whatever). I like the custom music, but now it seems a lot easier to get stuck on the tex/meshes, especially around the ramps up to the flags. Not sure if I like the lighting in this one, but it was still fun and bots are decent. Here's a review of the original UT2003 version at Insite:
                  http://insite.beyondunreal.com/map.php?id=116

CTF-ExtortionUT3-NM (by Proddeh) >> I guess I downloaded the no music version, but music is kinda messed up in UT3 anyway. I didn't see a preview shot, but I liked the monitors and engine sounds; I think there were fans sounds in the middle but not at the bases. This strange collection of tex/meshes seems to work, but you can get stuck for a bit on jumppads near the bases. It's tighter and smaller again, bots can't CTF but they can defend decently.

Comment

Working...
                  X