CTF-Safeguard released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d1sc View Post
    Just wondering did you ever play CTF-Infested-UGL-LE201 edition in the original Unreal Tournament? coming from the european nw ctf scene(still going strong) that was probably one of the best maps in the game, I quite like your version of it in UT3 but i never actually played the original infested so im assuming your map is totally duplicated on the items/weapn placement from that?

Anyways the infested-ugl edition had a few major differences from the original version and to me it is much much better. for example there is thigh pads inplace of the SB and the armour wasnt underneath the ramp, the armour was inplace of the flak cannon and the flak cannon replaced the sniper rifle. The Shieldbelt was low mid(where you have the 20hp pack) but what i liked best was that there was a tube entrance high mid and there was a jump pad infront of the rocket launcher/stairs position and if you jumped on the pad it would send you vertically up in the air to the tube entrance or if you right dodged on the jump pad it would send you horizontally over to the armour position(flak on your map) and there was an amp in that tube(directly above SB) and a hole which would drop you down to the SB. I think the sniper rifle was on either side of low midfield if i remember correctly and there are no kegs on the map .

Anyways I like your map and i wish i could map make myself because then id definately make that version out of yours but i cant ! but i know a few guys who can so i'm going to ask them if they could try that for me and i think we'd have maybe 1 of the best maps in nw CTF.

P.S nice work!
    My map was a remake of some LE version, but i dont think I played the version you speak of. But my map is ONLY a remake in terms of Lay out ( not even that) I did change allot of things.. The armor under the ramp was my idea, and i didnt add the thigh pads because there was enoght health etc as it was. The version I played did have a small drop down window onto the flag but i didnt like this thats why its "just a window" in my verison.. so yeah iv changes quite a bit and added my own things.

...And if your going to look at UT1 again tonight and try find some other maps that you could remake i'd suggest you look at CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition, CTF-Revenge-LE102, CTF-Terra-LE102(already a remake of that but it sucks), CTF-Cynosure][LE105, CTF-Orbital-LE102, CTF-AreaN23-LE105, CTF-VaultCity-LE101, CTF-Ronsico][ + others ... these are other all very great and popular maps in the european UT CTF community for NW if you haven't played them already. If you need the maps or whatever you could get them from here if your interested ofcourse

http://www.inzane.de/mod/files/cat/7/
    Yes i am considering a new remake, Terra is definatly on the list becuase yes I love that mape, i saw the remake that some1 else did and I think they should have left if for some one who would do the map justice, haha , the only prob I have with this is that I dont know maya so i wouldnt be able to make a terrain mech and id have to learn how the terrain works in Ue3, i dont knw this yet.. and id also have to do lava and water... but there are no lava content in UT3 yeh ...But the map im considering more is CTF-Dreary from Ut1 do you remember this? its small and should not take too much time.. a lil more complex then my map tho but yeh... just thinking... My fav map of all time is CTF-Baranco but this has two different bases and would take allot of time..

Comment

Just tried that map Baranco, it's not for me! really not suitable for 5on5 competition at least!

Yeah i know Dreary but to me it's just a boring spammy 0-0 map, in UT in wars 90% of the time it finished 0-0, just like Coret

Comment

PS3 version avalible, thanks Anuban for cooking this

Comment

Your welcome ... this was my last cook for the PS3 for a long while (until that fix for the character models comes) so I hope it works out for the PS3 folks. There were no errors or warnings so it should work with no problems. This is such a fine level the PS3 gamers should be all over it.

Comment

hey bazz, do you use irc by the way? about Safeguard again, i just showed a few of the guys from the CTF scene it and they think its very nice! though we were wondering if you could try do some changes to it and make the infested-ugl edition i was talking about? or is it too much work n stuff? if so it's cool because a guy called Nuky said he'd try do it if you weren't able to

Comment

hey bazz, do you use irc by the way? about Safeguard again, i just showed a few of the guys from the CTF scene it and they think its very nice! though we were wondering if you could try do some changes to it and make the infested-ugl edition i was talking about? or is it too much work n stuff? if so it's cool because a guy called Nuky said he'd try do it if you weren't able to
              I was never a fan of those versions, tacky if you ask me. Allot of unecersay changes. If some one wants to make changes they need to write to me via email or PM me here.

Comment

Just played it on my PS3 and it's absolutely awesome

Comment

Kool, thanks allot for letting me know

Comment

thanks for the ps3 port!! but over all love this map!! we need to see more CTF maps, thanks again

Comment

Yes we do need more.. I dont see myself playing Ut3 much without more better CTF maps... i realy want the Face that epic said they were making... or atleast for someone to make a clasic face with UT3 graphics like they did with Ut2004 face clasic.. that was fun from time to time.

Comment

Great map. Make more please.

Comment

Working...
                        X