Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
    Version 1.1 available, let me know if you have any more issues
    For my part, just to let you know, I did not have any issues at all with 1.0/1.1 versions. It is maybe isolate issues

Just a personal suggestion for another project... it would be great if you make a second map from the exterior layout based on this map with low gravity.

I suggest that because you have plenty of windows in the wall, floor, etc to see outside the map and I tend to go play outside. It maybe sound ridiculous but the map is so well made that it's like I want to explore another face of it

Thx

Comment

This is a fantastic level ... the 1.1 update makes it near perfect. This map looks like it could have come with the game it is that well done in every aspect. The choice of colors and the detail to lighting really standout throughout the level. You really hit this one in a big way.

Comment

My only major problem with UT3 is that I love CTF, and that I personally find most of the bundled CTF maps to be horribly laid out and not really fun, with Vertebrae having the worst layout I've ever experienced.

So thank you, Safeguard is the first custom map I've payed to date that I can't pick holes in and am having a lot of fun with, It looks great, it plays great and is the kind of map Epic should have produced.

Comment

wow those are all super comments, thanks allot

Comment

Very VERY Well done. GJ.

Comment

Sorry about the version 1.1 mishap, final 1.2 uploaded now

Comment

Thanks bro ... It seems I have a lot of maps to play with on both the PC and the PS3 now. Now the content flow seems to be increasing ... I am starting to get behind on maps I want to play and test. That is a good thing.

Comment

Look forward to the PS3 cook, looks/sounds like it'll be some decent CTF.

Comment

Sorry about the version 1.1 mishap, final 1.2 uploaded now
                    You are a very meticulous talented mapper.

Thanks to take the time to polish a already awesome map that is for my opinion as good, if not even better that all the maps that are included in the retail package that use these textures.

This one is a must and I think you should begin another map. I just hope that you continue your good work in another map because YOU HAVE enormous potential.

Cheers

Comment

Hopefully, there are no more small fixes. I'm in a CTF centered clan and a new map would really breathe some life into it. Can't wait for the PS3 cook.

Comment

Just played 1.2 and I can't find a single thing wrong with it. Superb job Bazz ... this is a very addictive CTF map ... everything about it just feels right.

Edit: A PS3 version is coming ... be patient folks.

Comment

I think Ill play the old UT1 tonight and consider another remake, but it would have to be small and a symetrical CTF map that follows the LT tech theme or maybe the hydro theme, hmmm ill have a think.. but I am a tech fan and the necris theme is to alianating for me to get creative with.. and i just dont have the time to analise the packages again.... done get your hopes up.. i dont have time for anything these days

Comment

I think Ill play the old UT1 tonight and consider another remake, but it would have to be small and a symetrical CTF map that follows the LT tech theme or maybe the hydro theme... done get your hopes up...
                            Well, your first attempt is my preferred CTF map out there including the retail one, no joke. So, I will play it for a long long time.

Hope to see more from you when you have some time to give us your new maps, you have so much potential

Comment

Just wondering did you ever play CTF-Infested-UGL-LE201 edition in the original Unreal Tournament? coming from the european nw ctf scene(still going strong) that was probably one of the best maps in the game, I quite like your version of it in UT3 but i never actually played the original infested so im assuming your map is totally duplicated on the items/weapn placement from that?

Anyways the infested-ugl edition had a few major differences from the original version and to me it is much much better. for example there is thigh pads inplace of the SB and the armour wasnt underneath the ramp, the armour was inplace of the flak cannon and the flak cannon replaced the sniper rifle. The Shieldbelt was low mid(where you have the 20hp pack) but what i liked best was that there was a tube entrance high mid and there was a jump pad infront of the rocket launcher/stairs position and if you jumped on the pad it would send you vertically up in the air to the tube entrance or if you right dodged on the jump pad it would send you horizontally over to the armour position(flak on your map) and there was an amp in that tube(directly above SB) and a hole which would drop you down to the SB. I think the sniper rifle was on either side of low midfield if i remember correctly and there are no kegs on the map .

Anyways I like your map and i wish i could map make myself because then id definately make that version out of yours but i cant ! but i know a few guys who can so i'm going to ask them if they could try that for me and i think we'd have maybe 1 of the best maps in nw CTF.

P.S nice work!

Comment

...And if your going to look at UT1 again tonight and try find some other maps that you could remake i'd suggest you look at CTF-Ranel-JoltEdition, CTF-Revenge-LE102, CTF-Terra-LE102(already a remake of that but it sucks), CTF-Cynosure][LE105, CTF-Orbital-LE102, CTF-AreaN23-LE105, CTF-VaultCity-LE101, CTF-Ronsico][ + others ... these are other all very great and popular maps in the european UT CTF community for NW if you haven't played them already. If you need the maps or whatever you could get them from here if your interested ofcourse

http://www.inzane.de/mod/files/cat/7/

Comment

Working...
                                X