• Show
Clear All

CTF-Safeguard released

PC DOWNLOAD(VERSION 1.2)
    Updated(VERSION 2)
    PS3 DOWNLOAD
    Downloads Include Images showing the development of Safeguard
    Thanks to Anuban for the PS3 cook

Please leave a comment, and for those willing, I would greatly appreciate a review.

change list from beta.. This is now version 1.0 of final.
    • Reduced brightness on outside buildings
    • Central hall piece changed, I updating this as I was not as happy with it as i am the rest of the map
    • Moved bio rifle to top of stairs
    • Added glass to window in main right room
    • Change pitch of blue alarm
    • Clipped BSP visible from window views
    • Finished Collision
    • Moved pickups
    • Changed flak area to allow players who have flag to use jump pad up to flak room
    • Added some ambient sounds
    • Reduced death hight so players could not see under map from a fall

change list from 1.0.. This is now version 1.1 of final. just a few small changes for the fussy side of the community
    • Added colssion for the grills behind rocket and stinger (I didnt even feel this was needed)
    • added small team logo to flak room
    • Added building to view from blue vial view
    • Added reveloving texture and light effect to some of the buildings
    • Added building to view from link window so players dont see BSP shell (this sadly has gone inside the bases )
    • changed lighting arround team logos in back room
    • Texture adjustments

Change List from 1.1 to 1.2
    • Moved meshes that were added in 1.1 that were seen cliping inside the red base
    • Proscribed paths to prevent the rare accurance of bot getting stuck at sheild.
    • Changes 2 lights in blue base from red to blue
    • Removed 2 lights stacked in same location

Some New Images, This one below shows the change to the center area.

A Level for UT3

-----------------------------------------------------
    General Info

Title: CTF-SafeGuard

Filename: CTF-SafeGuard_V1_2.zip

Author: Bryan Sparksman

EMail Address: sparky_1309@hotmail.com

Release Date: 2th Mar 08

Version: 1.2

Credits:

The content of this level was taken all from the retail version of UT3, I did modify some materials, but a big thanks to EPIC for putting their content into well sort out groups, I would not have been able to do this if it was not for this level of organization.

Thanks to "Larathiel eMail" who created this map for UT1, this map was great, and was simple enough to be the very first map I have made.

Author's Notes

Background: Hi, I’m Bryan and I'm 22 YOA, I go by the name Bazzwano on the forums and I am quite a creative person, I've done allot of level editing of both Epics and community made maps in the past, This however is my very first map, it is also my last. I did start making a map for UT1 when i was 16 but despite how good it looked I never finished and never released anything to the public.

I work in a call centre and have been doing concept art on this map for about 2 months now, I forget when I started.

I named it safeguard as this fits nicely to the alarm theme that I have, where if the flag is taken ever one will know. I find this a good reminder that the flag is not in base.
    Special thanks To the people at BU for helping me with this and Xepha for coming up with the name, Anuban for publishing the PS3 version, The_Amnesiac for doing a panaramic shot of my map, whitch part of was used for the screen shot preview, and also thanks to all those who supported my with great comments, becuase this is my first map it feels great to hear people enjoy the hard work that I put into this for the community.

Installation

Unzip CTF-SafeGuard.zip

Move all files into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

If the directory does not exist, create it manually.

Type "open CTF- SafeGuard" in the console, or select the level in a multiplayer/instant action game.

If you find you are seeing low detail meshes when you play. This is not a problem with my map rather a problem with your game setup. I have managed to fix this for myself.
    What I suggest you do, is uninstall, reinstall, patch, and then create the custom maps folder. Next time you play the map, all should look good!

Copyright / Permissions

This level is copyright 2008, by Bryan Sparksman.

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit permission from the original author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes, and tweaks may only be implemented by the author. No other person or party is allowed to release a modified version of this map without the author's permission. Please Email me regarding any changes you require.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp), FIDO, local BBS, Magazine cover disk etc.), provided you include this file.

All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Beautiful map with great game flow.
    I noticed that you can walk partly through the walls behind the Rocket launcher and chain gun.

Comment

Hey hey so you finally made a release thread for it here ... cool man! Congrats ... this is such a fun map and so good looking as well. But before I cook it for the PS3 lets make sure the kinks are out of the level so probably by 1.1 or 1.2 at the latest this should be ready the PS3 crowd.

Comment

nice isnt this a Ut99 remake? if not you must have taken ideas from it.

Comment

yay it was fast !

thank you for final version !

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
            Yes it is based on Infested.

Comment

I almost forgot about this map when it was in beta, score.

~Death Dream~

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                yes the layout is based on CTF-Infested it says this in the map Description.

I played 2 games of my own map, Its great how well the bots do i love my map.

Comment

I think you packaged the incorrect version b-man ... this one lacks a preview pic and also you still fall out of the level in the same areas ... those side windows. I think you may have zipped the wrong files.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                    I think you packaged the incorrect version b-man ... this one lacks a preview pic and also you still fall out of the level in the same areas ... those side windows. I think you may have zipped the wrong files.
                    Damm you kidding.... I wouldnt be able to check.. to help me find out,.. where are you falling? but yeh ill have to remove the link and upload again

I checked the dates, and its the right version, but yes i forgot the INI file to show the map image.. I also just did a test of this version and i ran into every window that i hav and did not have a problem, are you sure you can walk through the windows?

for those who alreay downloaded

heres the CTF-Safeguard.INI
                    [CTF-Safeguard UTUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
                    MapName=CTF-Safeguard
                    FriendlyName=Safeguard
                    PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:CTF-Safeguard.map-pic-ctf-safeguard>
                    Description=This is a remake of CTF infested made for UT1.
                    NumPlayers=6 to 10 Players

Comment

Yes my friend I am sure you can walk through the curved windows since they don't exist basically. I can see how your windows look and these areas dont have the windows, unless these two spots are that way on purpose but I didn't think you wanted anyone to be able to fall out of the level ... its the same area Buffy and others have referred to before.

Also did you check this:

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
                      Beautiful map with great game flow.
                      I noticed that you can walk partly through the walls behind the Rocket launcher and chain gun.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        Yes my friend I am sure you can walk through the curved windows since they don't exist basically. I can see how your windows look and these areas dont have the windows, unless these two spots are that way on purpose but I didn't think you wanted anyone to be able to fall out of the level ... its the same area Buffy and others have referred to before.

Also did you check this:
                        buffy referd to the celling windows, but the curve linked to the link gun room can have the player fall through, its suposed to be like that, thats why there is a platform sticking out that the player can go out on ITS NOT A WINDOW

anyway updated the file with the INI for download.. this is the version that I play so its the right one

Comment

Okay my error then ... I thought that her pic was about that area ... and I didn't know that intentional ... I really thought you said there were no areas where a user could fall. Sorry about that scare then.

Comment

Nice map and "making of".

Comment

I just got playing this map with the bots set to Inhuman and man it was wild ... I got killed but the bots were excellent even scoring well ... you did a really great job and I didn't see run into noticeable bugs ... great map ... looks just as good and plays just as well as the stock maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X