X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Setheran View Post
      Yeah, it doesn't show in this version of the editor for some reason. What I did was move the mouse to the area it needed to be and checked the height displayed on the status bar, then tweaked it from there with some testing.
      I'll try that next time.

Comment

I read through all the posts on the beta and final and didnt see anything about this, so just wondering if you were going to cook a ps3 version?

If not, fine....just wondering since there was no mention either way or anyone who had asked.

Comment

@ Kantham
          We have used 3 of your maps in a 4on4 vctf cup on clanbase
          http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league....80599&lid=6317

Comment

I just have to sayt that version 2 (as version 1) feel very claustrophobic with the Raptor not being able to move skies without being hit by an invisible wall. Very bad, I love everything else about the map, A+ stuff, but the extreme small area for the Raptor to fly in is just an very bad lack of feature.

Please, for the love of all that is holy in gaming, make it so that you can cirulate around the whole map with the Raptor(also the outer "wire-towers"), if you so desire, it would make the map feel alot less like there still was something left in there to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
              @ Kantham
              We have used 3 of your maps in a 4on4 vctf cup on clanbase
              http://clanbase.ggl.com/news_league....80599&lid=6317
              Cool.

Let me know what they think about it.

@ the others: I will eventually see for a possible PS3 cook, and Raptor got limited for the fact that player can't exploit the level, like hide behind the base with a Raptor while carrying the enemy flag. Even if you could go around freely you'd end up with a bunch of Avrils in the butt since there's barely no cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                Cool.

@ the others: I will eventually see for a possible PS3 cook, and Raptor got limited for the fact that player can't exploit the level, like hide behind the base with a Raptor while carrying the enemy flag. Even if you could go around freely you'd end up with a bunch of Avrils in the butt since there's barely no cover.
                How can you carry the enemy flag while controlling a Raptor?

And it would not be an exploit to be able to move around with the Raptor a bit, because as you said yourself, of the Avril´s! ^^
                It would just be more fun to be able to take angles towards the level with a Raptor, trying to avoid the Avril´s lock-on, and then going in for a strike! (like an mad Apache!)
                Or did I not understand something which you said?

Comment

Originally posted by lutjekabal View Post
                  How can you carry the enemy flag while controlling a Raptor?
                  If the flag carrier hooks to that said Raptor.

Comment

If the flag carrier hooks to that said Raptor.
                    LOL, sry, you got me there, haha. Yeah, but that would only require another Raptor to shoot it down ;P

But seriously, im very keen on this level, and the only thing holding it back, in my opinion, is that is feels like you are flying in corridors with the Raptors, which is a huge minus, giving that this is a unique "sky map".

I also wanted to note that you should not be able to fly through the wires with the Raptors, if this isn't to hard to change. More intense that way.

Comment

Cool.

I have to agree that, using the raptor to capture flag is too difficult for it to be considered an exploit. If someone succeeded in doing so... I'd personally consider it a legitimate flag capture. Someone on foot can get to the center of the map with a shock rifle faster than raptor can sneak under and over to the enemy base... then its just a matter of knocking the flag carrier off =)

And, if you did place an Avril spawn on either side of each base as I am hoping, it would make pulling that off EXTREMELY hard, as both the flag-carrier and raptor itself would be in pretty much mortal peril constantly. It'd also counterbalance the weakness of the raptor (against avrils), with a new strength.

Sorry about not getting a screenshot-- I'm having some computer trouble and Ut3 hasn't been installed. I'll try and describe it again: the front of each base, where the jump boots are located. If you try and walk around in there, you are stopped a little before the structure actually begins at the side.

I also still feel that the side areas should be completely opened up if someone feels like going there-- there's no point in doing so, but it gives the map more freedom to have it open. Only serious time it'd influence gameplay would be if you got knocked there by a rocket or something, in which case an impact jump can get you back easily, or you can jump to your death without needing a console command.

I agree with the person above that the wires should have collision-- they might be useful in blocking some avril shots if you get lucky =)

Comment

Looks very nice on screenshots- Downloading now

Comment

Nice map. Really like the landscape, looks really cool

Comment

If I put collision on the frontal base wires, people will be able to walk on them to cap.

Comment

If I put collision on the frontal base wires, people will be able to walk on them to cap.
                              That's why I thought you chose not to. Not really a big deal either way. Isn't it blocked off now, though, so that that wouldn't be able to happen?

Comment

Cant you make the wires extremly slippery (like ice/oil surfaces in some games, just more extreme ) somehow?
                                But seriously, you need to reconsider the Raptors flight option, they are way to narrow, it should be able to fly around/under/over the level anyway it wants to. The Avrils would not lose their tight homing capability because of this.

A nice and good way to do this in the right way, in terms of scale, would be to kill the Raptor if it does fly too far away from the level, to make it so that it (the R) is punished for leaving the arena (similar punishment to BF2, where you would get killed for going AWOL). Cold & sinister laws of competition .
                                Making this outer invisible wall round in shape, rather than square, would give the map a nice seemless feeling of surrealism. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X