DM-Agony-SE [Final - Pictures - Download PC & PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforcer - Howto

I've had a few questions about the Enforcer and how to do it.

Sometime back, Anuban pointed me to a post at: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=598091

Code:
    Begin Map
       Begin Level
          Begin Actor Class=UTWeaponPickupFactory Name=UTWeaponPickupFactory_7 Archetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
             Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=PickupLightEnvironment ObjName=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61 Archetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironment'
                Name="DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61"
                ObjectArchetype=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PickupLightEnvironment'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=ParticleSystemComponent Name=GlowEffect ObjName=ParticleSystemComponent_0 Archetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
                bJustAttached=True
                OldPosition=(X=1263.397461,Y=-1066.138062,Z=-880.000000)
                LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True,Dynamic=True)
                Name="ParticleSystemComponent_0"
                ObjectArchetype=ParticleSystemComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:GlowEffect'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=StaticMeshComponent_124 ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_124 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshComponent'
                Begin Object Class=MaterialInstanceConstant Name=MaterialInstanceConstant_7 ObjName=MaterialInstanceConstant_7 Archetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default__MaterialInstanceConstant'
                   Parent=Material'PICKUPS.WeaponBase.Materials.M_Pickups_WeaponBase_Glow'
                   Name="MaterialInstanceConstant_7"
                   ObjectArchetype=MaterialInstanceConstant'Engine.Default__MaterialInstanceConstant'
                End Object
                StaticMesh=StaticMesh'PICKUPS.Health_Large.Mesh.S_Pickups_Base_HealthGlow01'
                Materials(0)=MaterialInstanceConstant'MaterialInstanceConstant_7'
                bAcceptsDecals=False
                CastShadow=False
                bAcceptsLights=False
                CollideActors=False
                BlockActors=False
                BlockZeroExtent=False
                BlockNonZeroExtent=False
                BlockRigidBody=False
                Name="StaticMeshComponent_124"
                ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'Engine.Default__StaticMeshComponent'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=StaticMeshComponent Name=BaseMeshComp ObjName=StaticMeshComponent_115 Archetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
                LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
                LightingChannels=(bInitialized=True)
                Name="StaticMeshComponent_115"
                ObjectArchetype=StaticMeshComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:BaseMeshComp'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=CylinderComponent Name=CollisionCylinder ObjName=CylinderComponent_4 Archetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
                Name="CylinderComponent_4"
                ObjectArchetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:CollisionCylinder'
             End Object
             Begin Object Class=PathRenderingComponent Name=PathRenderer ObjName=PathRenderingComponent_115 Archetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
                Name="PathRenderingComponent_115"
                ObjectArchetype=PathRenderingComponent'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory:PathRenderer'
             End Object
             WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'
             BaseGlow=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSystemComponent_0'
             LightEnvironment=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
             PathList(0)=ReachSpec'ReachSpec_3681'
             PathList(1)=ReachSpec'ReachSpec_3682'
             visitedWeight=10000000
             CylinderComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             MaxPathSize=(Radius=72.000000,Height=44.000000)
             NavGuid=(A=1535896318,B=1310355258,C=2085330875,D=841397379)
             NetworkID=1
             Components(0)=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             Components(1)=PathRenderingComponent'PathRenderingComponent_115'
             Components(2)=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent'DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent_61'
             Components(3)=StaticMeshComponent'StaticMeshComponent_115'
             Components(4)=ParticleSystemComponent'ParticleSystemComponent_0'
             Base=WorldInfo'WorldInfo_11'
             Tag="UTWeaponPickupFactory"
             Location=(X=1263.397461,Y=-1066.138062,Z=-836.000000)
             CollisionComponent=CylinderComponent'CylinderComponent_4'
             Name="UTWeaponPickupFactory_7"
             ObjectArchetype=UTWeaponPickupFactory'UTGame.Default__UTWeaponPickupFactory'
          End Actor
       End Level
    Begin Surface
    End Surface
    End Map
    Basically you place a weapon pickup and assign a weapon to it. Then right click that weapon base and select "copy".

Go back to your Windows Desktop and open Notepad and then paste into notepad. You will now have a bunch of text within Notepad.

You want to change the weapon pickup to:

WeaponPickupClass=Class'UTGame.UTWeap_Enforcer'

Then recopy your Notepad text and go back to the Editor. Right click and "Paste Here". You should now have a weapon base that should spawn the enforcer.

Basically you can transition it from UnrealEd to Notepad with the Copy/Paste function. It's a hack but it does work. Just make sure you save your level and test it prior, but it worked fine for me. You may be able to just copy the above code and paste direct into the editor, but I have not checked for conflict with the assigned names.

It might be safer to create the weapon base, copy the code, delete the weapon base, then paste the new.

Comment

It definately works!
      I'm surprised and never thought we could simply access to this code by right clicking this way LOLLL. Great job, but the only question I have is... the Weapon Factory disapeared under the Enforcers >>>> Modified - simply rendered my map and everything is fine and perfect.

Awesome!
      You got the credits guys <<!

NOTE:
      The gears of war link dosn't work

Comment

Glad to hear it is working.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtriaden View Post
          Hi LordStrider, is there any chance you can submit your map to http://www.mapraider.com/ a nice looking site, but it dose not have my favorite UT3 Map:-) so please take a look at the site if you get a chance.
          Took me a few months, but finally got some time to do this....LOL.

Comment

Thanks for map and the bump, I already have another version of this map (or maybe the beta?), but this one looks much better.

Comment

This went on the server right away, a few months ago, and supplied us with lots of fun and memories from the old days.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Thx for this cool map, but link doesn't work!
                Plz re-up on hotfile/rapid/mega/fileplanet...

thx

Comment

Originally posted by voyager View Post
                  Thx for this cool map, but link doesn't work!
                  Plz re-up on hotfile/rapid/mega/fileplanet...

thx
                  This one works:

http://www.filefront.com/11905364/DM-Agony-3-SE/

Comment

very good remake!

OK, so this one is actually named DM-Agony3-SE and it seems more similar to original UT version than DM-Agony2 from HOLP2. It has excellent gameplay and flow, is darker and has more use of shadows with good lighting. I noticed the grass, leaves and sky, which were done well. I like the addition of the enforcers to make double enforcers and the little details that create its atmosphere. I don't think I even used a rocket launcher in this one.

Both UT3 Agony versions have stained glass babes that I could see; my ones in UT I can't see too well because I'm running OpenGL (w/ S3TC textures). I made a comment in my review of Agony2 that the items were off, but that is not the case and they are fine in both versions if maybe different between the two. The bots were better in this one. Both versions are good and different, so I'll keep them both.

Comment

Bump! - Good remake. Still an instant classic. Found some new links since the download link on the first post is dead (4 years ago).

Working link for PC (and PS3 too):
                      http://ut3gow.com/node/99

Other working links for PC:
                      http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=4431
                      http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=2769

Comment

Gamefront Download Link

Comment

Thanks for the map! Best application of the ShaneChurch Textures
                          BTW, it's incredible fun to play

Comment

Working...
                          X