No announcement yet.

UltraInstagib: [Update 05/24/2008 V. 1.71]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am impressed with the new update and now have this mut installed on my TAO-CUSTOM-GIB server..

Thx HO0815XX, nice work.

Comment

OK this is weird, but ever since I put on Vista Ultimate 64bit there have been a few oddities with some of my mutators either crashing or not working. The mutator worked fine under XP Pro 32bit and it is not an option to go back. This one is not working for me for some reason. I am using the -nohomedir switch and I have put the files in the correct folders under the main install directory. When I start a DM map with the mutator added it starts as a regular DM.

Using UT3 patch 3, Vista 64bit, UltraInstagib 1.71

Comment

Sorry, I think, I can't help you with this issue. I'm still using XP/SP1 !
        Have you take a look in the log file ?

Comment

I looked in the log file and \UTGame\Config\UTUltraInstagib.ini was loaded fine. But...

Code:
          ScriptLog: Mutators UltraInstagib.UltraInstagib
          Warning: Failed to load 'Class UltraInstagib.UltraInstagib': Failed to find object 'Class UltraInstagib.UltraInstagib'
          UI_Scenes_UltraInstagib.upk, UltraInstagib.u, and WP_UltraInstagibRifle.upk are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC

UTUltraInstagib.ini is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

I would not think this would matter as long as it was in the correct place. The ini does not specify a specific folder structure only available to 32bit OS. It should work. Weird.

Comment

Hmm... I cannot see, why the mutator doesnt work ! The fileplacement is right. I use -nohomedir too, and I have the files placed similar like yours.
            I think, is has to do with UT3 and Vista !
            You should post this issue in >TroubleShooting & Technology<, and then we can hope that anybody know this issue, can tell us, what is to do to resolve it !

Comment

We run this mutator on our dedicated server as opposed to the stock IG. - If you haven't tried it give it a shot it rocks, seems to have less of a lag factor as well, similar to zeroping IG.

It can be set to function exactly like the stock mutator except you can accomplish head-shots and unreal-shots, which are very cool, some like to use the zoom feature for the camp snipers but usually the action is so fast the way we play that i never have a chance to zoom. There was a cheat in UT99 that allowed people to bind zoom with instagib, when the game was very popular and the ladders were populated (OGL was very busy at that time) it offered those who knew about the zoom cheat a seriously unfair advantage, once it was exposed the ingame standard FOV exploit was removed by the Epic team, and then a mutator "Zoom-Instagib" was created, and that concludes my brief UT99 history lesson for this week.

Excellent mutator HO0815XX! its really humbling that we've been using this mutator on our dedicated lan server before i met you here and we became friends. ((then i find out my buddy coded one of my favorite mutators.))

It'd be nice if we could get a minor update on this with a few things i'd like to see added. - give it some thought.

PS i have a couple of slick idea's.

Comment

Thanks for your comment

You have also reactivated this stoneold thread from the graveyard, as you mentioned in our pm's

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                It'd be nice if we could get a minor update on this with a few things i'd like to see added. - give it some thought.

PS i have a couple of slick idea's.
                Hmmm.... let's see..... I'll talk to you about this

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                  Thanks for your comment

You have also reactivated this stoneold thread from the graveyard, as you mentioned in our pm's

Hmmm.... let's see..... I'll talk to you about this
                  Your welcome! what are you trying to say that this mutator is obsolete? "older than dirt" perhaps? i actually discovered it on utzone.de

I know we talked about this here i didn't even realize you had made this mutator at that point i had clicked on "my stuff" in your sig but i thought it might of just been things you liked and had accumulated on your filefront landing ((others do this sometimes)) - this is why i will continue to encourage you to officially release "your stuff"

In fact i'll have a new PM besides my recent responses sometime in the next day or so, i have another idea now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                    ....... i had clicked on "my stuff" in your sig but i thought it might of just been things you liked and had accumulated on your filefront landing ((others do this sometimes)) - this is why i will continue to encourage you to officially release "your stuff"
                    >My stuff< means >My stuff< ! Why should I hosting other peoples things ?
                    I do this only by explicit request.

Comment

Monster bump!

I just got a request to make Unlagged InstaGib compatible with this mod. Since that isn't really possible (we both replace the weapon), I'll just forward that request and invite you to include my unlagging code into your mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                        Monster bump!

I just got a request to make Unlagged InstaGib compatible with this mod. Since that isn't really possible (we both replace the weapon), I'll just forward that request and invite you to include my unlagging code into your mod.
                        Where is the src for "Unlagged InstaGib"?

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                          Monster bump!

I want to send you a pm, but you have blocked this!

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                            Where is the src for "Unlagged InstaGib"?
                            In the same place as for any other mods: In the .u file.
                            Just "UT3 BatchExport" it. (It's the same as in previous engine versions, except that UCC.exe is now integrated in UT3.exe)

Comment

Great mod....lovin it, But it's causing a few problems...
                              Only play it offline, when I first configure the mod, fire rate and sound bars auto slide to left, when clicked on, after about 2 minutes, this will correct itself after a 2 second screen freeze, I then can set fire rate and sound.
                              I have tested it on 10 DM Maps.....5 minutes into play, I then have a blank screen, and an error box "UT3 has a problem, and needs to close".....

I have UT3 installed through "Steam"......Installed the Mod .ini file to:
                              C:\Documents and Settings\SwiftyOne\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
                              The .U and the two .UPK files into:
                              C:\Documents and Settings\SwiftyOne\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC

Running WinXP Pro SP3......Can anyone help with this please?

FIXED it myself....In C:\Documents and Settings\SwiftyOne\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC I have a Folder called "Script" where I have other .U files, so put the UltraInstagib.U file into "Script" folder.....That seems to have fixed the problems I was having above

Thanks....Swifty

Comment

Great that you could find it out.
                                I had tested it, and couldn't reproduce it.

Comment

Working...
                                X