DM-Tokyo_Sewer [PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Tokyo_Sewer [PC][PS3]

This is my first map for UT3, mainly a learning curve to get around in the new editor.
    DM-Tokyo_Sewer from UnrealPlayground.com
    DM-Tokyo_Sewer PS3 version from FilePlanet.com
    DM-Tokyo_Sewer-PS3 from MediaFire.com
    The map itself is based on the actual Tokyo tsunami sewer control system.
    Almost all the level is custom as looking through the packages seems to uncover lots of brown and grey......
    The new Bink video tools are pretty cool, so there's a few vid's playing in the main control room.
    EXTRACTION - I've already subfoldered the map in the winzip so extract to UnrealTournament3>UTGame.

If you look up in various places you might just see a Totoro

I haven't played the map yet, but after seeing the screenshots, I would say it looks abit too bright. Other than that, looks nice. Always interesting when there's custom content

Comment

Durring my trip to Japan a few years ago, uor tour got to check out the tokyo sewers, and it looks alot like this. You must have seen them at one point or another, cuz no one would just guess how bright and clean the sewers are in Tokyo. I'm a PS3 player, so I can't test your map, but I can tell you and anyone else that thinks this may be a bit too bright for a sewer, that is exactly the atmosphere in the sewers of Tokyo. You did a great job at recreating it.

Comment

I can't test it (PS3 user here), but I have to say this looks really cool. Good work.

Comment

Looks like it could use some polish, but the theme looks very cool and unique, so I'll D/L and give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
            Durring my trip to Japan a few years ago, uor tour got to check out the tokyo sewers, and it looks alot like this. You must have seen them at one point or another, cuz no one would just guess how bright and clean the sewers are in Tokyo. I'm a PS3 player, so I can't test your map, but I can tell you and anyone else that thinks this may be a bit too bright for a sewer, that is exactly the atmosphere in the sewers of Tokyo. You did a great job at recreating it.
            I've only gone on a handful of images that i have. I allways liked the look of them as it looks very surreal. What was it like in there?
            If i ever get to Japan for a holiday, it's on my top 10 of things to do (i'm an Aussie).
            Also, i'll have to work out the PS3 cooking lark, i know i have to remove a custom sound (Samurai X opening theme) before hand.

Comment

Nice map... thank you!

I did notice something funny though, I'm running the map on an Invasion server and the mapname in the browser is "DM-ToykoSewerAlpha2" you may want to fix that.

Super good gameplay though man...gj!

Comment

yea, the sewers are really cool in real life. They are so clean you could eat off the floor. If anything, they are cleaner and brighter in real life, than you make them look here. The walls are like, bright white, and red is the major contrast color. They also have alot of those oblong pillars, like you put in the map.

Comment

I love name Im from Tokyo

looks nice !
                  Unreal Tokyo version !
                  I was born and bred in Tokyo but never seeing Sewer before
                  here fund some pics
                  http://www.crookedbrains.net/2007/07...ery-first.html

Comment

Not a bad effort, but the gameplay fails to back up the visuals. The layout felt far too open and even though it may be authentic to the actual sewers, made this map way to hitscan. The pillars in the main areas broke it up a bit, but the corridors are still really long and even on a high player count, the action was sparse. Also, the large open water sections disrupt the flow way too much, not to mention the bots get stuck in the pool beneath the shield belt.
                    I also managed to fall through the world twice (somewhere near the curving fence I think) and I saw a bot in that same area hovering above the floor and not moving.
                    Again, not a bad map, but there are some serious issues that need fixing and the layout needs to be reworked.

Comment

Reminds me of F.E.A.R sort of style, interesting, not at home atm, but will download when I'm free.

Comment

Sweet theme. I like it. I'll try it later today.

Comment

I think your map looks really awesome could you cook for PS3 please?

Comment

Very nice works.
                            Thx for this map ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Skynet2017 View Post
                              I think your map looks really awesome could you cook for PS3 please?
                              I'd love to, but i've no idea how to do it. Are there any guides around for PS3 cooking?
                              Thanks for the comments too, i tried to make it as authentic as possible

Comment

Working...
                              X