Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-(Vp)Fragwhore[Final][Pics][PC/PS3 Downloads]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-(Vp)Fragwhore[Final][Pics][PC/PS3 Downloads]

Name:
    CTF-(Vp)Fragwhore

Version:

Compatibility:
    PC UT3 Patch 1.1
    PS3 (need someone to verify it works)

Description:
    Very small 'arena style map' intended for fast paced 1v1 or 2v2 games. Originally made with LowGrav InstaGib in mind, but includes a wide assortment of weapons(way more then necessary for the size). The name says it all!

Comments:
    Having not mapped for about 3 years, I chose to acquaint myself with the new editor and new features by starting with a small project. At the risk of being flamed for making a 'spam-in-the-box' map, I've decided to to share the final product of my learning experience for those that might enjoy it.

This is the third renditon of this map for as many versions of UT(UT2k3 doesn't count imo...lol). I originally made this map for UT99, then remade it for UT2k4. Both times it was intended mainly to be a stepping stone in the learning process with the respective editors. This version is no different. Nothing revolutionary by any means.

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://vpclan.com/tutorials/UT%203%20Maps/FW1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://vpclan.com/tutorials/UT%203%20Maps/FW2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://vpclan.com/tutorials/UT%203%20Maps/FW3.jpg[/shot]

Credits:
    |-Vp-|Wolverine for pushing me to map again, |-Vp-|Slider for the billboard textures, F.E.A.R. for the majority of the graffiti textures, all of |-Vp-| and the random players in our server for testing/feedback.

Homepage:
    http://www.vpclan.com

Downloads:
    PC version
    PS3 version

Additional Notes:
    I need a PS3 user to verify this map works properly since I do not own a PS3 myself.

You must have a world detail setting of at least 3 and have decals enabled to see the graffiti.

Since Epic removed 'dodge ramps' from the game I decided to try a workaround for it. Try dodging off the angled sides of the pillars and let me know what you think.

Comments/feedback/constructive criticism welcomed.

Flaming posts will be ignored in the order they are received.

im seeing those screenshots. im likein those screenshots.

d/ling now!

Comment

Linked the wrong file for PS3. I believe I have the correct file up now.

Comment

Looks to be an instant classic for instagib.

Comment

Nice. An instagib map that doesn't look like ***. I've been seeing too many instagib maps that are a couple subtracted cubes. It's like instagib has been used as an excuse for terrible "my first map ever"s. Next to that, this is brilliant.

Comment

Can you post the ps3 version on http://ut3mod.com

Comment

metalpain, once again, the map makers can not post their maps on ut3mod.com. The guy who runs the site (Herby) does it himself. That site is a blog, not a forum. Also, Herby posts them up in a very different way than these guys (the modders) post up their stuff. They post up the zip files, which the PS3 can not recognize. Herby takes the zip, tests it on PS3, then hosts only the userdata so the PS3 can download it directly. Its a totally different process than these guys normally do. Just Email Herby, the address is on his site, and let him know what maps you would like to see up on his site, that he hasn't put already. Or just let him know in a comment on the latest map he has on the site. Sorry to go so off topic in your thread, OP.

Comment

great job as always! now it's time to get started on the other 3 or 4 maps you have.

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
                  An instagib map that doesn't look like ***.
                  LOL!! Thank you, but I think 'brilliant' might be an overstatement.

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                  Sorry to go so off topic in your thread, OP.
                  No problem at all. I actually learned something from that. Is there a better way to post ps3 versions for download? I don't own a PS3 so I'm unfamiliar with the ins and outs of it.

Originally posted by WoLvErInE View Post
                  now it's time to get started on the other 3 or 4 maps you have.
                  HUSH!! People might start expecting real results from me :P

Also, has anyone tried this out on PS3? I'm wanting to make sure I cooked it right and that it works.

Comment

Oh yeah, it works GREAT for PS3! Thanks for the cook. The format on ut3mod.com is just the JAM file, but unless your direct DLing it, this way is MUCH better. Again thank you, it's a great open map!!

Comment

Originally posted by xRevrenDx View Post
                      Oh yeah, it works GREAT for PS3! Thanks for the cook. The format on ut3mod.com is just the JAM file, but unless your direct DLing it, this way is MUCH better. Again thank you, it's a great open map!!
                      TY for verifying the PS3 cook works properly. Happy Fraggin'!

Comment

its too small, the original was much bigger.

Comment

any chance you FU spyd3r from ut99?

Comment

Map is installed on this Server

Name: Vulcanion.com powered by clanserver4.u.de
                            IP: 195.13.62.22:27700
                            MoD: ZeroPing Instagib Capture The Flag
                            MapVoting: Yes (BiaVote)
                            Installed Maps: Show Forum Thread here

|| »Vûlçåñø« || Download UT3 Stuff || »RaiDen« Clan (UT2oo4/UT3) || Download UT2oo4 Stuff || »Vûlçåñø« ||

Comment

This map is insanely fun. Great job! Can't wait for future maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X