Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Spawn model for UT3 ver. 1.52 - fixed arm idle bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great work on the Spawn model........very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gareee View Post
      Yer right..I stand corrected. but he's had the "big boot" now for over 15 years. If I recall, even when McFarlane started making the toys he already had the BB.

Yeah its been over a decade now...that Spawns armor had changed with the BB.

Comment

PS3 users it just occurred to me that the 1.2 patch sure did change a lot of things as far as these models go. For example all these new extra gibs and voice and materials that make up this Spawn are all ONLY possible with 1.2 of the game. So I don't think that the headless problem is the only issue to be aware of anymore ... and if so much of an modders work is going to be absent on the PS3 then no way should any modder who really wants his/her work to be properly/fully represented even think about cooking atm. Here is a post I just made ... I think you are all going to have to keep this in mind from here on out. At least when it comes to EEs models which are now very specialized:

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
        I was just thinking ... now that the PC version of UT3 has support for families for the character models and modelers can now have custom gibs and materials I wonder if that would affect compatibility with the current rev of UT3 PS3 ...

For example lets say you are one of the PS3 users who don't care about heads ... well lets say you wanted the new Spawn model which uses custom gibs and materials and even a custom voice ... well I wonder if it will even work at all now with all the additions to the functionality of this particular part of UT3? I hope we can get some kind of guidance from Epic about how to approach this issue. Most really good model makers are going to have custom content for their character models and so it may not just be the headless problem that PS3 users have to deal with. Its reasons like this I am not cooking any of EEs models until there are some answers to these questions and some real solutions if any are issues that will prevent models from being cooked. As I was saying before if a model is now not only headless but also missing custom gibs, sounds, etc. then you really can't expect any model maker to be okay with their model being on the PS3 since it really won't show all the hard work the creator put into them ... so yeah this is one of the Major issues Epic needs to deal with ... it is only going to become more complex as modders figure out how to create and use factions on the PC ... then what will PS3 users do? Will those models work? Plenty of questions in this area but very little answers means that very little will actually get done for the time being.

Comment

Is UT3_Model_Spawn_beta1.4 the final (full release) version?

and, if so, WTF is this all about?
          Originally posted by UT3_Model_Spawn_beta-README.txt
          WARNING!!! NOT TO BE A PUBLIC MODEL!!!!! DO NOT GIVE THIS OUT TO ANYONE NOR PUT IT ON AN WEBSITE!!

Comment

The point was that people HAVE to get it from EE, and not repost it on other websites.

Comment

I wanted to put it on our clan server but if I can't post a copy on our website for members and visitors to d/l, then I guess not.

Comment

I'm sure EE did this so that he would always be able to maintain control over the quality of his beta models ... so that if he has to do updates he doesn't have to worry the model being all over the net and if there is a really bad bug that could be damaging to his rep as a quality model maker/animator so this way he only has to worry about updating one file and one thread. Probably once it is final or one revision after that he will let people put it on their clan servers so its gets more exposure. I think EE is just waiting until he figures out the faction stuff and gives Spawn his own set of First Person arms/hands then it will be final.

Comment

Ok, I can live with that. I'm looking for well done skins that are distinctive.

As nicely as the stock characters are done, I can't tell one from another while playing...the uniforms for the factions are too, well, uniform...especially when they are wearing headgear.

I was never a fan of the armored characters in the previous Unreal games and UT3 has not changed that.

Comment

Anuban is right, all my models are still technically "beta" even if they are released as "full" and public. Don't let the word scare you, becuase nothing is final until factions are figured out and when I decide to get around and rig up arm meshes and get them to use UT3's animations. You guys need to calm down and relax as I am just one guy and not a 20 man development team working 24/7 on this stuff.

Comment

yes just Unreal Engine 3 was Upgrades Character too!

that soft model is amazing
                      EvilEngine can you make soft body meat version of Spawn or any other models too ?
                      after UT3 Upgrades ? I hope Epic Upgrade UT3 too
                      also water effects is Amazing too good for Mappers
                      Video
                      http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus...t.php?id=11589

Comment

None of that is coming to UT3 ... it will be incorporated in Gears 2 and other games currently in development. This was already confirmed by The Epic team ... Cliff or Tim I believe.

Comment

Model Type

any chance of this spawn model being made?

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=2160

Comment

Wow, that looks frickin sweet! I cannot wait for Epic to make the patch available for the ps3! I am currently working on building my own Computer using a barebones kit and maybe one day I'll get UT3 for pc so I can use all of these awesome mods!

Comment

Ok spawn fans, heres how the first person arms look:

I am adding some more custom gibs(as detailed as the Locust gibs I have done) so theres more variety of gore, like spawn arms and legs everywhere.

Comment

Dude that is slick ... congrats ... you are the first person with custom arms/hands for their model. Looking forward to the final with the updated gibs.

Comment

Working...
                                X