Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Spawn model for UT3 ver. 1.52 - fixed arm idle bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawn model for UT3 ver. 1.52 - fixed arm idle bug

Finally officially out of BETA, this version features new first person arms, new gibs+gore, updated sound fx, and tweaked materials. I am uploading right now, but should be finished within 40 min.
    I will let you guys play with it for a few hours, and after I see theres no negative feedback it will be posted at Epics.
    Thanks for being patient.

:::::::::::::::::::::: EvilEngine ::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::
    :: PROGRAM INFO ::
    ::::::::::::::::::

Program Name........: UT3_Model_Spawn
    Version.............: 1.52
    Author..............: EvilEngine
    OS..................: Windows OS/PC ONLY
    Release Date........: 3/11/2008
    Languages...........: English

:::::::::::::
    :: CONTACT ::

Website.............: http://www.evilengine.net/forum
    Email...............: admin@evilengine.net

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    :: DESCRIPTION or/and USES ::
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is the latest version of the Spawn model version 1.52. Made for Unreal Tournament 3, PC version only. PS3 is not yet supported.

::::::::::::::
    :: REQUIRED ::
    ::::::::::::::

You need the lastest 1.2 or newer UT3 patch.

::::::::::::::::
    :: WHAT'S NEW ::
    ::::::::::::::::

Contains updated giblets, along with the original ones. Ribs,hands,arms and bones.
    Tweaked the base materials so unused functions like transmission is removed to save resources.
    Added the long awaited first person arms.
    New sounds in the voice script. Most are from the Necris male, but some are not.
    Fixed some funny vertices on the knuckles.
    Added higher resolution spikes to the first person hands.
    Added some tweaks to the gibs and added some "guts" meshes.
    Added a better, properly fitting physics assets ragdoll
    Fixed the stomach vertices that distorted when in movement
    Fixed the arms getting stuck in a wierd animation when idling

::::::::::
    :: TODO ::
    ::::::::::

Create a custom faction and loading map.

:: LICENSE ::

Only to be downloaded by links posted by EvilEngine only, just for quality assurance. Do not download unknown software from anyone you do not know.
    No site has been given permission to host this file other than EvilEngine.net,SkinCity and Epic's forums.
    All future updates, patches, and additional bonus packs will only be available at www.evilengine.net/forum

:: THANKS ::

Thanks to everyone at my forum at www.evilengine.net/forum/ for helping with beta testing. Also folks at Epic's full forum for giving great feedback. Also special thanks to Mario, you know who you are. Thanks everyone, expect more goodies in the future based on Spawn.
    :::::::::::::::::::::: EvilEngine ::::::::::::::::::::::
    Download from Rapidshare:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/38806753/..._1.52.zip.html
    Mirror:
    http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=6e72797
    http://files.filefront.com/UT3+Model.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to Buffy for the pics:

Comment

Freaking amazing. I'm not one to ask things like this, but if Epic fixes the head glitch for the PS3 would you consider cooking this for it.

I only ask because I'm a huge spawn fan and I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate this mod.

Other question I have is have you ever considered the cape? Dont know how hard it would be, but the main character does have the cloths hanging from his waist so the movement is possible, but again I dont even know how hard that would be. Even if no, I gotta say thanks again for such a sweet mod.

Comment

Cape was tested during beta stage and heres the negatives of a cape:

1. It blocks the view of the model by 99.95%. All you see is a hand or part of an elbow. Why block the art with something as meaningless as the cape anyways? Watch the Spawn movie, the cape is dynamic and only comes out at certain times.
        2. The rigging and animation of the cape would be too time consuming and impossible right now becuase anything custom just doesn't work right. I tried using physics bones and that worked a little bit, but again... the cape blocked the view of the actual model and seeing a big red rectangle running around isnt fun to look at.

Some day I will make an animation where the cape will spring to life and show itself and do some funky things. I can hide the cape inside the body of the spawn mesh and when an animation is called it will show the cape.

As for PS3 stuff, like I told the guys at my forum I will not make any PS3 stuff until Epic fixes all bugs. If someone volunteered to do the cooking your welcomed to do it , just let me know ahead of time and I will make sure it gets used by everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
          Freaking amazing. I'm not one to ask things like this, but if Epic fixes the head glitch for the PS3 would you consider cooking this for it.

I only ask because I'm a huge spawn fan and I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate this mod.

Other question I have is have you ever considered the cape? Dont know how hard it would be, but the main character does have the cloths hanging from his waist so the movement is possible, but again I dont even know how hard that would be. Even if no, I gotta say thanks again for such a sweet mod.
          When Epic fixes the issue with custom models you can be certain that just about all of EE's models will be made publicly available. I am one of the beta testers for these models, and most folks around these forums know I cook lots of stuff for the PS3 and I have a PS3 and I would also like to be able to use Custom characters on my console. So as soon as it is working EE or I will post something here and you will be all be very very happy folks.

Comment

For all you skinners and modelers I have included an SDK for this model to help you guys to make more skins, armor, or even more Spawn types. Cool thing about Spawn, there isnt just one version , theres HUNDREDS!

3dsmax source files, with OBJ exported meshes for those of you without max2008:
            http://files.filefront.com/Spawn+3ds.../fileinfo.html

Textures in PSD format for the hamburger head and normal spawn. Understand the normal maps were not included but you can export those from the game by right clicking them in the editor.
            http://files.filefront.com/Spawn+art.../fileinfo.html

Comment

hes too colorful, epic wont like =(

Comment

wow nice job

Comment

Well sign up at his site and check out all the other awesome models you can have now and the great ones that are coming within the next 3-4 months. Wait until Iron Man comes out and you see what EE does with him ... and once Epic fixes the faction bug all these models will be so unique your mind will explode trying to deal with all the amazing features the models will have.

Comment

I... think I love you.

haha @ hamburger head comment

BTW, why are the filesizes for custom characters so huge?

Also Evil, if you plan on releasing even more updated versions in the future, may I suggest a re-skin of him to have the same kind of suit as in this pic:

http://spawn.com/toys/spawn/series26...hoto_02_dp.jpg

Additionally, it would really cool if he had a physics enabled cape... I'm sure it would be feasible since Reaper has something similar already. Of course, this is me dreaming more than anything, but hell, it would be one heck of a cool model if you pulled it off.

As for the reskin I mentioned, I could actually do it if you'd like to give me permission. I'd glady save you the hastle...
                    I understand though if you'd like to keep this as strictly your project.

Comment

Amazing...work EE,Im a huge Spawn fan.Todd McFarlane would be proud....

EPIC fix the dang head issue with the PS3....we PS3 users are missing out on all these great models...fix ittttt.....

EDIT-Im glad you didnt use the cape for the Spawn model....any chance of a Violator model?

Comment

**** that looks nice. I normally try to keep my game universes "pure" but I might have to make an exception for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
                          I... think I love you.

haha @ hamburger head comment

BTW, why are the filesizes for custom characters so huge?

Also Evil, if you plan on releasing even more updated versions in the future, may I suggest a re-skin of him to have the same kind of suit as in this pic:

http://spawn.com/toys/spawn/series26...hoto_02_dp.jpg

Additionally, it would really cool if he had a physics enabled cape... I'm sure it would be feasible since Reaper has something similar already. Of course, this is me dreaming more than anything, but hell, it would be one heck of a cool model if you pulled it off.

As for the reskin I mentioned, I could actually do it if you'd like to give me permission. I'd glady save you the hastle...
                          I understand though if you'd like to keep this as strictly your project.
                          I made that SDK there for guys just like you wanting to use the model and textures as a base for thier own versions. I am 100% behind you making it the way YOU like it, thats what makes Unreal fun right?
                          I may never add the cape simply for the fact it blocks my view and makes you a huge target. But its easy to add it, as all you need to do is just add a couple dummy bones to the "head" model and rig the cape to them. Attach the dummies to the hip bone though so theres a proper hierarchy . Just name them the same as the ones Reaper uses like b_reaper_cloth01 etc and the cape will use the physics.
                          Thats one cool thing about UT3, you can mix and match skeletons to form a new character. You dont have to stick to the same skeleton for all the parts. Just as long as they each contain the same named bones, but extras on some parts will not hurt anything.

Comment

Great work EvilEngine. You're the best.

Comment

omg all screenshot is gone now

site delete all my screenshot !!!
                              EvilEngine can you replace by this screenshot in your first post please ?

Comment

Working...
                              X