No announcement yet.

Color Control - Restore up to 30% color to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value ranges are huge here for both settings. Either can be set as high as 5000 or higher, or -5000 or lower. I've not yet noticed exactly what interpolation duration does, though.

I've tried all sorts of combinations, but anything I put in the console stays there, so I can tweak it any time I want, now.

Comment

Very nice mutator.

But as most are requesting.. needs to be configurable, then it would become a great mutator...

Good work.

Comment

Thx Xyx for bringing some of the color back.

Now if there was a way to bring the other 70% back. LMAO!!

Comment

This little mutator works on some maps but I tried it with Heat Ray and Heat Ray doesn't seem to work well with it. That and some maps are made with intentional desaturation to them and this ruins the effect on those specific maps but otherwise it works.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
            Thx Xyx for bringing some of the color back.

Now if there was a way to bring the other 70% back. LMAO!!
            As Xyx explained, the mod restores the usually 30% of desaturation each map has. Basically, color saturation is -30%. This mod returns it to a baseline of 0% desaturation.

Comment

Originally posted by Miko View Post
              This little mutator works on some maps but I tried it with Heat Ray and Heat Ray doesn't seem to work well with it. That and some maps are made with intentional desaturation to them and this ruins the effect on those specific maps but otherwise it works.
              The visibility of the effect is relative to the amount of desat the map had to begin with. Sanctuary, for example, has no desat set in the post processing, so there won't be any apparent effect...

Comment

Heat Ray doesn't seem to work well with it.
                "Work well" as in restore color? Then Heatray, along with Sanctuary, probably doesn't have any preset desaturation. Sanctuary has some color to it because of the textures used, but Heatray uses mostly grayish textures. The mutator does not magically color the textures or create color where none previously existed... it only "removes the removal" of color.

some maps are made with intentional desaturation to them and this ruins the effect on those specific maps
                They all* have "intentional desaturation". Maps are not desaturated by default. Epic went through the trouble of adding postprocessing volumes to all* the maps and setting the desaturation strength to a value above 0.

* All but the exceptions mentioned above.

Comment

Heatray has 35% desaturation, and I think Sanctuary has 25% the last time I looked.

Comment

Xyx, do you have a compiled version of that UTNoir mut?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                      I don't know why mutators aren't remembered. Either complain to Epic or use the Auto-ProfileLogin mutator.
                      Thk's for the info

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
                        do you have a compiled version of that UTNoir mut?
                        You actually want that?

Comment

Just downloaded the mutator, but it's kinda hard to tell if there is a difference or not. Does the mutator only work on some maps? Or is it more visible to see in certain maps?

Comment

Originally posted by hydrophillic View Post
                            Just downloaded the mutator, but it's kinda hard to tell if there is a difference or not. Does the mutator only work on some maps? Or is it more visible to see in certain maps?
                            It seems to be more visible in certain maps. Try Sentinel, Rising Sun, or Fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                              You actually want that?
                              Heh, yeah I think it would be neat to try out. Maybe I was doing it wrong, the console command for B&W didn't work for me, I'd give the mutator a shot.

Comment

Is it possible to restore up to 40-50%? Or is that too much? Just wondering, cause maybe that little extra is exactly what I'd like to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X