Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V8 now with Medic and visual magic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devious_DJ View Post
    wonder if it would work on ps3 probably not right...
    Someone tried to get it to work for the PS3 but failed to do so. My own PS3 copy will arrive in 2 weeks, so I can start experimenting with that.

Comment

yay.....woohooo

Comment

Well, since you don't have enough ideas pouring in, just thought I would add to the pile!

I had brought this up in Galtanor's thread but he indicated that this is probably something that I should bring up here. I have included the link and the section of the post. I am sure you are up to date on that thread anyway but included for convenience here.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ltanor&page=41

I was thinking more of the difficulty rating of the monsters versus the players. It would be dynamic based upon the lowest level player currently "alive" in the game. So, if you had 10 players ranging in experience levels from 6 to 110, the difficulty level of the monsters would be calculated on the level 6 player. The main idea again to help keep the lower level players alive and also give them a bit more of a chance as the levels on the server progress.

Don't know how any of the calculations may have been done before. Certainly, monsters should be alot tougher to kill if you are a level 60 player as opposed to a level 6. That would definitely increase the challenge for a higher level player if either evey one else dies off or they are playing alone on the server. Might be interested in getting everyone elses thoughts on whether the monsters would do more damage (again based on the lowest living player). Some increase might be ok.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
          Well, since you don't have enough ideas pouring in, just thought I would add to the pile!

I had brought this up in Galtanor's thread but he indicated that this is probably something that I should bring up here. I have included the link and the section of the post. I am sure you are up to date on that thread anyway but included for convenience here.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ltanor&page=41

I was thinking more of the difficulty rating of the monsters versus the players. It would be dynamic based upon the lowest level player currently "alive" in the game. So, if you had 10 players ranging in experience levels from 6 to 110, the difficulty level of the monsters would be calculated on the level 6 player. The main idea again to help keep the lower level players alive and also give them a bit more of a chance as the levels on the server progress.

Don't know how any of the calculations may have been done before. Certainly, monsters should be alot tougher to kill if you are a level 60 player as opposed to a level 6. That would definitely increase the challenge for a higher level player if either evey one else dies off or they are playing alone on the server. Might be interested in getting everyone elses thoughts on whether the monsters would do more damage (again based on the lowest living player). Some increase might be ok.

Cheers!
          I will do some investigation on this. I suppose it should be possible for example to give the monsters more health based on the levels of the RPG players.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this. There was a "Monster Adjustment Factor" in UT2004RPG. The value is actually stored in the INI file as "InvasionAutoAdjustFactor". While this was supposed to to adjust the the "monsters based on this fraction the weakest players level" I am not sure what factors it adjusted. I can only assume that the amount of damage a player inflicted must have been one of them. They certainly can be alot easier to kill when you have a "lowbie" in the game with you!

Comment

After everyones posts, went ahead and had the upgrade applied to the server and my client. Looks good! No new issues to report from the patch. Hope it stays that way!

Cheers!

Comment

After everyones posts, went ahead and had the upgrade applied to the server and my client. Looks good! No new issues to report from the patch. Hope it stays that way!
                Agreed, actually 1.2 even removed some problems which I never figured out (error log problems, nothing gameplay related). All my stuff seems to work fine so far with 1.2. Epic did a good job on 1.2.

Comment

How do things look for version 9? I know you have been really busy with other mods so not trying to be pushy! Just really ANXIOUS!

Do you have a list of items you are trying to get into this version posted anywhere? Keeping track of all this I know can be "interesting". I work for a software company... unfortunately at times... not in development but in support of it.

There have been a couple of items requested in Galtanor's thread that I am sure you have seen but thought I would add here.

- Level points. Ability to be able to customize the leveling scheme either with a fixed amount or percentage. This is probably more specific to Invasion because as we start tweaking the monster points, we would also like to be able to increase the number of points it takes a player to level.
                  - Win points. Can we get a fixed number of points for a win? This would probably work for any game type. Whether player against player or Invasion. Again, ability to set the value.

Thanks!

Comment

How do things look for version 9? I know you have been really busy with other mods so not trying to be pushy! Just really ANXIOUS!

Do you have a list of items you are trying to get into this version posted anywhere? Keeping track of all this I know can be "interesting". I work for a software company... unfortunately at times... not in development but in support of it.

There have been a couple of items requested in Galtanor's thread that I am sure you have seen but thought I would add here.

- Level points. Ability to be able to customize the leveling scheme either with a fixed amount or percentage. This is probably more specific to Invasion because as we start tweaking the monster points, we would also like to be able to increase the number of points it takes a player to level.
                    - Win points. Can we get a fixed number of points for a win? This would probably work for any game type. Whether player against player or Invasion. Again, ability to set the value.

Thanks!
                    Currently I spend a lot of time on Battle Team Arena and also on some RL stuff (e.g. Sunday one of my kids has his birthday and I do most of this stuff in the weekends). I hope to have that polished 2-3 weeks from now. After that I intend to divide my development time equally between BattleRPG and Battle Team Arena. 2 major mods is probably enough for 1 person.

I think I will release an update (probably a minor one) to support Galtanor V9 in 0-1 weeks. If you don't want to wait for that you could ask bushbomb who already got them working together.

Comment

Working...
                    X