Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Released: BattleRPG V8 now with Medic and visual magic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Released: BattleRPG V8 now with Medic and visual magic.

A completely operational RPG for UT3! Supports ALL game types.

Features levels, experience, Mana, magic weapons, artifacts, player classes (optional) and FULL ability management. Has abilities like Weapon Speed, Vampirism and Quickfoot, artifacts like God Mode, Spiderpig and Mana Gambling and magic like Rage, Ultra GIB and Poison. It also has a custom RPG scoreboard, a custom RPG HUD, etc. Includes UT3 Invasion and Galtanor's Invasion and custom versions of BattleRPG made to work together with them. Includes 3 example configurations: SE (standard edition) which is optimized for balance, XE (extreme edition) for those who like maximum power and CE (class edition) with Warrior, Magician and Medic classes for those who like classes. BattleRPG is highly customizable.

Go to http://www.onsrpg.com/battlerpg.php for download (including full GPL V3 source code), a player manual, an administrator manual and a developer manual.

New in V8:
    * Changed Magic Weapons with custom skins so they now look like Magic Weapons.
    * 3 new Magic Weapons: Harm, Poison and Medic. And this poison is lethal!
    * 1 new ability: Loaded Medic.
    * 1 new artifact: Medic Weapon Maker.
    * 1 new class for the Class Edition: Medic.
    * Made reaching level 80 easier.
    * Increased the bonus for killing higher level players with 300%.
    * Implemented support for Galtanor v008.

The new custom visuals for Magic Weapons:

The dynamic, future predicting and mind reading BattleRPG menu:

BattleRPG with Galtanor's Invasion:

Man I love you!
    The work you're doing is really good, I'm always wondering what you are going to add next that won't come to my mind ...

Comment

Was just playing on your server, really fun

Quick kinda-related question though, could we get some custom maps on your server? Pretty please?

Comment

thaaaaaank u

Comment

Originally posted by gospastic View Post
          Quick kinda-related question though, could we get some custom maps on your server? Pretty please?
          Yes I intend to add some of those one of these days.

Comment

Awesome! By the way thanks for making it easier to level up =)

Edit: Also a couple ideas for artifacts-

1) Hows about an artifact that auto shoots lightning or something out of your character at all enemies within range until the mana runs out, similar to what was in the old UTRPG (it fired lightning gun blasts).

2) Summons? Where you can summon a monster that follows you round or stays where it was summoned or something?

2) Using multiple artifacts at once maybe?

Comment

Initial tests give a critical error on the client. Will try and do some more tests and make sure all the uploads were ok but so far... not too good.

Log: ########### Finished loading level: 7.453610 seconds
              Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Cache\Cache.ini
              Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattleRPG.ini
              Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTGaltanorsInvasion008.ini
              Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerDatabase. ini
              Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerBackupDat abase.ini
              Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerBuildData base.ini
              Critical: appError called:
              Critical: Assertion failed: InPos >= 0 && InPos <= TotalSize() [File:.\Src\UnAsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 1742]
              Stack:
              Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
              Log: === Critical error: ===
              Assertion failed: InPos >= 0 && InPos <= TotalSize() [File:.\Src\UnAsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 1742]
              Stack:
              RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
              CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
              Address = 0xb2caf2 (filename not found)
              Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Comment

Originally posted by {UR}Scorpion View Post
                Initial tests give a critical error on the client. Will try and do some more tests and make sure all the uploads were ok but so far... not too good.
                Weird, my servers seem to run it without problems.

Comment

Log: ########### Finished loading level: 7.453610 seconds
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Cache\Cache.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattleRPG.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTGaltanorsInvasion008.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerDatabase. ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerBackupDat abase.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTBattlePersistentPlayerBuildData base.ini
                  Critical: appError called:
                  Critical: Assertion failed: InPos >= 0 && InPos <= TotalSize() [File:.\Src\UnAsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 1742]
                  Stack:
                  Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
                  Log: === Critical error: ===
                  Assertion failed: InPos >= 0 && InPos <= TotalSize() [File:.\Src\UnAsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 1742]
                  Stack:
                  RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
                  CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
                  Address = 0xb2caf2 (filename not found)
                  Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)
                  There is a new file named BattleRPGContent.upk. Make sure that is in place as well.

Comment

Thanks for the update!

I have one issue however, I know my server didn't start running your mod until version 7, but I have now updated to version 8 and everyone that has version 7 in their cache gets one of these:

Galtanor's files are all renamed to version 8 in the name, but your .u file is causing a conflict. It's kind of silly to expect every client to dump their cache for this. Please rename you files if you change versions in the future.

Comment

You shouldn't get that unless there's a boo-boo somewhere. Make sure you've copied the correct BattleRPG.u for GaltanorsInvasion into the proper server file location and the redirect you use. I've had that error occur on my server when I goofed. (I have multiple BattleRPG.u files in my cache).

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                        There is a new file named BattleRPGContent.upk. Make sure that is in place as well.
                        The BattleRPGContent.upk is in the UTGame/CookedPC folder. I pulled the BattleRPG.u file from the BattleRPG and Galtanors subfolder. It was about 1k larger than the other. Are there any issues with having any content from previous releases or should we be cleaning everything out prior to new upload? Any issues with player data being retained? Trying to come up with any ideas I can think...

Thanks.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                          You shouldn't get that unless there's a boo-boo somewhere. Make sure you've copied the correct BattleRPG.u for GaltanorsInvasion into the proper server file location and the redirect you use. I've had that error occur on my server when I goofed. (I have multiple BattleRPG.u files in my cache).
                          I use a private redirection server, and had updated it before connecting to test the server. I supposed I could have goofed and put one of the wrong BattleRPG.u files on redirect as I do use Galtanor's version.

At any rate the server is fired up any running..seems to work great. I guess I'm still a little nervous regarding some of you guys not versioning the names on the .u's. In 2k4 it spelled certain disaster, and it makes me wonder what guys do with a public redirect? How many servers running different versions of the same filename may be out there?

Comment

Well, I am happy to report everything seems to be working fine now. I ran through the upload several times to try and make sure I had uploaded the right pieces. I am not sure which one it was but finally! I did clear out the older files, cleared cache, much else as I could so.... success!

Looks really good! Thanks!

Comment

Well, I am happy to report everything seems to be working fine now. I ran through the upload several times to try and make sure I had uploaded the right pieces. I am not sure which one it was but finally! I did clear out the older files, cleared cache, much else as I could so.... success!

Looks really good! Thanks!
                              Ah, good to know you got it to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X