Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WAR-ArcticStronghold [Final][PS3][PC]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR-ArcticStronghold [Final][PS3][PC]

The final version of WAR-ArcticStronghold is now ready!

Changes from the beta include:

- Alternade west / east node setups with the center node being a standalone capture node.
    - Fury in center node now replaced with darkwalker.
    - East node has two defense stinger turrets, west has one.
    - Fixed a few areas where players could get wedged between rocks and terrain.
    - Red core explosion sequence fixed.
    - Core team switching now enabled at the end of a round.

Please overwrite the old map to replace it with the new.

Screenshots:

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ArticStronghold3.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ArticStronghold2.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/Ionium/ArticStronghold1.jpg[/shot]

Download for PC:

http://files.filefront.com/WAR+Arcti.../fileinfo.html

Also please get rid of the old one and replace with this.

Download for PS3:

http://files.filefront.com/WAR+Arcti.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to those who helped me test this map.
    And a huge thanks to LegalAssassin for helping me with the mini-map image.

Truly an extraordinary map. It has been a work of art since the first beta, and now every little kink has been worked out. Its supremely balanced, and the node setups all play extremely well.

In the default, you have to prioritize whether you want to try and capture East and West... to get quick access to enemy prime from both sides... or if you want to capture center, and get a Darkwalker, but have a long journey to bring the weapon to enemy prime... In the alternative setups, center, with the darkwalker, becomes a "tank node", where each team can fight for control of it and use it to control access to their prime.

The decision to go exclusively necris makes this play quite a bit differently than stock maps, and the result is very enjoyable. Highly recommended to everyone; possibly the best custom warfare map available from one of UT3's best mappers.

Comment

w00t, will DL and play now, give feedback later.

Comment

wow fast !

final version is out already ?
        thank you !

Comment

I like this map very much but I have one note I want to add. What happend to the one outpost to the right of the bases that had I think a grenade launcher up there. It was a nice vantage point for sniping and also will there ever be an Axon setup for this map? It doesn't bug me if there wont be ^^.

Comment

Originally posted by Miko View Post
            I like this map very much but I have one note I want to add. What happend to the one outpost to the right of the bases that had I think a grenade launcher up there. It was a nice vantage point for sniping and also will there ever be an Axon setup for this map? It doesn't bug me if there wont be ^^.
            Are you on the ps3? It sounds kind of like you're missing either the East or West node... which would mean that you aren't getting the multiple setups included in the PC version

Comment

Bret, you legend

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                Are you on the ps3? It sounds kind of like you're missing either the East or West node... which would mean that you aren't getting the multiple setups included in the PC version
                I think I know what he means. In UT2004 there was a grenade launcher before you got to the primary node, blue side, up on top of one of the cliffs. If I am remembering correctly, but not entirely sure.

And thanks everyone for the comments

Comment

Well the PS3 I dont think recognizes multiple setups. I havent tried this final out but if there are multiple setups for the PC, the PS3 wont show them.

To remedy this, either EPIC has to release a fix for it or Bret should release the "best" setup for the PS3 even though that might be a matter of opinion and it may well be the version released already. As I said I havent tested this yet, so if thats not whats going on disregard what I said.

Comment

Yeah, there were some grenade launchers in the old ut2k4 version. Grenades are different now anyway. Map is great.

I had one wierd glitch: The secondary fire was intermittent on some weapons. The link gun was most noticable. It was like my link gun was only running on two cylinders or somethin... wierd. Still, awesome map.

Comment

It's probably the PS3 cooker having some bugs in it.

Comment

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
                        Well the PS3 I dont think recognizes multiple setups. I havent tried this final out but if there are multiple setups for the PC, the PS3 wont show them.

To remedy this, either EPIC has to release a fix for it or Bret should release the "best" setup for the PS3 even though that might be a matter of opinion and it may well be the version released already. As I said I havent tested this yet, so if thats not whats going on disregard what I said.
                        Well seeing as how there are multiple versions of Torlan I am sure there is a way to do it but right now Epic hasn't provided documentation on how to just yet.

In any event this is a fantastic remake ... for those who played the ONS version you know what I am talking about. Actually the bots are even better on this map than in Ut2K4 at lower AI settings it seems. I always liked this map and dawn and torlan and rankin and it is nice to see some favs from UT2K4 making an appearance here. I still have others I would like to see but this will do nicely. Thanks for the fun WAR map ... we need more good ones remakes or original doesn't matter when it comes to WAR as long as they are well done.

Comment

Those glitches were on the PC version It seemed to start when I tried to heal an unlinked node.

Comment

Dunno what to say, did anybody else experience that?

Comment

Been waiting for the final of this map. Thanks again for the map and the PS3 cook.

Comment

Working...
                              X