Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

WAR-SnakeBite [PC] [PS3] *Updated 03-16-08*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR-SnakeBite [PC] [PS3] *Updated 03-16-08*

Name: WAR-SnakeBite
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 (PC/PS3)
    Gametype: Warfare
    Description: "Remake" of ONS-Frostbite from Unreal Tournament 2004. Think of Frostbite a few thousand years before it froze over. It's set in a wet "jungle" environment, shortly after a passing thunderstorm which still hangs on the horizon.

Comments:

*Included ini file provides 2 different link setups and 2 different versions (Axon and Necris)

*Thanks to Epic Games for creating the original, Flybye for help with the lightning effect on this map, Xyx for his work on extra node link setups on other maps, everyone at ZeroFrag who provided input (MeepZero, Trepanima, Sanch3z, DeadSoul, etc.), and especially the Sunday night Warfare PUG crew for their testing on this map.

*PC Download: http://www.dogsofwarusa.com/dow/b1gd...DogUT3Maps.zip

This looks a lot cooler than Frostbite imo. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

This map is amazing! An excelent remake of a classic map for the new UT3. This map has been heavily playtested by the old UT2k4 comp community and they all love it to death!

Make this a required download, Im sure a lot of servers will be running it soon

Comment

ohhh... yea...

lookin good! d/ling now

Comment

I highly recommend this map.....

Comment

I like this level but it could use more nodes imo. Still it is a fun level no doubt.

Comment

There is an alternate node setup that comes with the map that has 3 nodes, just like Frostbite. So you get 2 different node setups and each node setup is playable with either axon or necris vehicles.

Comment

Awesome !

Comment

Great map .
                  The strom is awesome but, wouldn`t be great be able to hear thunders? .

Comment

What's your ambience volume at? The thunder is there, along with other environment sounds like water and insects. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog View Post
                      There is an alternate node setup that comes with the map that has 3 nodes, just like Frostbite. So you get 2 different node setups and each node setup is playable with either axon or necris vehicles.
                      Cool ... how does that work though? Does this rely on the ini file or altering it because if so then this won't work on the PS3 ... I am about to check that out now anyway.

Edit: Okay I see now ... I had not installed that ini file before. Cool ... now to try this one the PS3 and see if all the different setups come up.

Comment

No go on the PS3 ... only the one level option shows up in the menu ... I wonder how they did Torlan then? It is the default one I would guess. In the maplist on the PS3 it just says Snakebite. Not the multiple entries like on the PC. It has something to do with how the PS3 does not read PC ini files.

Comment

just played a game on ps3...runs just fine. Good work and much thanks for cooking a great map.

Comment

Originally posted by DiGeneral187 View Post
                            just played a game on ps3...runs just fine. Good work and much thanks for cooking a great map.
                            I wasn't saying the map doesn't play well just that the PS3 version is missing the extra node setups. If you have the PC version there are four different versions/configs of Snakebite to choose from ... just like the multiple choices of Torlan.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              I wasn't saying the map doesn't play well just that the PS3 version is missing the extra node setups. If you have the PC version there are four different versions/configs of Snakebite to choose from ... just like the multiple choices of Torlan.
                              Ya i just now seen that there are supposed to be different versions. I just hopped in a game to play the map and didnt even bother to look for the other versions. My bad lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X