No announcement yet.

CaptainSnarf's Modded Vehicles v9 [pc][ps3][pics][Update 4/16/09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, no matter what I try it won't seem to work. Anyone?

Comment

I did not test the code. And i made a mistake(s).
      Fixed the code. This code still has issues. The vehicles will fire with the different fire interval serversided but clientsided won't affect anything (as the values are not replicated). And it won't do anyinth (due to the fact at the time a vehicle as spawned and checked if it can be replaced [by CheckReplacement(...)] the Gun of a seat is not spawned yet, so it always fails to set the new interval.

I might code an generic mutator which will work online flawlessly. I already got everything i need. Need to do a bit of testing.

Code:
      class SnarfModMutator extends UTMutator;

/**
       * Returns true to keep this actor
       */
      function bool CheckReplacement(Actor Other)
      {
          if (Other.Class.IsA('UTVehicle_AssaultBender_Content') && UTVehicle(Other) != none /*&& Other.GetPackageName() ~= "VH_AssaultBender"*/)
          {
              // Change first seat's fireinterval
              if (UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun != none)
              {
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun.FireInterval[0] *= 0.5; // multiply by a number greater than 1 will mean you can shot faster.
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun.FireInterval[1] *= 0.5;
              }

// Change 2nd seat's fireinterval
              if (UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun != none)
              {
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun.FireInterval[0] *= 0.5;
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun.FireInterval[1] *= 0.5;
              }
          }

if (Other.Class.IsA('UTVehicle_Nautilus_Content') && UTVehicle(Other) != none /*&& Other.GetPackageName() ~= "VH_Nautilus"*/)
          {
              // Change first seat's weapon fireinterval
              if (UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun != none)
              {
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun.FireInterval[0] *= 0.5;
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[0].Gun.FireInterval[1] *= 0.5;
              }

// Change 2nd seat's weapon fireinterval
              if (UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun != none)
              {
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun.FireInterval[0] *= 0.5;
                  UTVehicle(Other).Seats[1].Gun.FireInterval[1] *= 0.5;
              }
          }

return true;
      }

defaultproperties
      {
      }
      ------

Regarding RocketBoost:
      RocketBoost cannot be added by adjusting properties. The RocketBoost has to be hardcoded (by extending/subclassing an existing class). There is no code (in UT3) which can be copy-pasted and everyting would work (as that feature is implemented natively). However, the Manta code of UDK has that RocketBoost and it is pure UnrealScript.

Comment

You kinda lost me there but I'm trying these out offline and they aren't doing anything.

Comment

As i said this code is not working as it fails to check for in instance of the seat's gun (which is not available at the time this code is executed).

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            I might code an generic mutator which will work online flawlessly. I already got everything i need. Need to do a bit of testing.
            You might check out the mutator
            VFReak (alias Vehicle Fire Rate Tweaker)

Comment

Is there a way to get this mutator to not crash on config? This mutator doesn't conflict with camera control, while the XS Vehicle Set Replacement does.

Comment

Dear CaptianSnarf: Since the first mod published on internet, this had already several years past. Just in recent days, I found interest in UT3 again. I want to use ur vehicle mod with the XS vehicle replacement to replace hellbender with Aegis in the game. However I found this vehicle become overpower compare with original Paladin. I want to adjust the Aegis Health. I tried many method from various forums. Below is my currently stage:
                1.I had successfully decompiled the VH_Aegis.u by using either custom .bat file or using UE Explorer. I get those file after decompiled:
                [IMG]\\YANGNANLT\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Capture1. PNG[/IMG]
                2.I modify the “UTVehicle_Aegis.uc“ -defaultProperties{Health=700}
                3.When I try to recompile those file, the following mistake shown:
                [IMG]\\YANGNANLT\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Capture2. PNG[/IMG]
                Then I tried downloading the SourceCode and modify the attribute while this time there is no error but 8 warnning:
                [IMG]\\YANGNANLT\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Capture3. PNG[/IMG]
                However after I replace the VH_Aegis.u with recompiled one, the game just didnt recognise the code (The vehicle disappear in the map).

I really hope u can help me figure out which I did mistake and show me the correct way, thx a lot!

Comment

BTW.....this forum make me crazy! Unlike other forums there is no option allowing u upload the image from local computer?

Comment

I doubt there is a forum which is able to upload files by just pasting the absolute path off your computer. There is the option to upload files. It is called attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                      I doubt there is a forum which is able to upload files by just pasting the absolute path off your computer. There is the option to upload files. It is called attachments.
                      I use the absolute path since that there is only upload option of URL when I press the "Insert Image", would u pls show me where is that "attachment" button?

Comment

You can upload attachments when you go to "Go Advanced" (the button next to "Post Quick Reply"). It will load a new page solely for the purpose of writing a post, there you scroll down to Additional Options and you will see a category called Attachments. You just have to click on Manage Attachments and there you can upload your pictures from your computer by loading them into the post.

Comment

thx u for ur help, however when I follow ur step, I couldnt found any option of attachment but following in additional options:

Miscellaneous Options,Subscription and Rate Thread.

what is going on?

Comment

Working...
                          X