Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Raggy Weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work!!

Very nice mutator. Seeing dead bodies laying on the ground is much more realistic than them blowing up into pieces. Also bots are knocked down and get up again. Very nice.
    Do you plan to add this to all weapons??

Comment

Updated to v1.1. See first post.

MasterB - seeing as knocking someone down gives you a decided advantage, it wouldn't seem right for every weapon to knock a player down. I haven't done any serious play+fun testing, nor has any effort been made to provide any balance between the weapons that do knock players down.

That being said, Raggy Weapons is a lot of fun in conjunction with my Jetpack mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhoenix View Post
        Updated to v1.1. See first post.

MasterB - seeing as knocking someone down gives you a decided advantage, it wouldn't seem right for every weapon to knock a player down. I haven't done any serious play+fun testing, nor has any effort been made to provide any balance between the weapons that do knock players down.

That being said, Raggy Weapons is a lot of fun in conjunction with my Jetpack mutator.
        I play it with the jet packs as well. These mutators together = too much fun.
        Sure wish the bots used the jet packs though.

Comment

I love this mod.

It adds a whole new (Dawn of War-esque) element to the gameplay, and adds a great touch of realism.

I just wish lethal headshots with the Enforcers could blow up peoples' heads like a Sniper Rifle. I find myself constantly knocking people down with the Enforcer HS, and then killing them execution-style while they're down. Exploding heads would add a great bit of satisfaction.

Do you plan on making a Raggy Avril too? Bots love using the Avril against people on foot.

Comment

I haven't put any thought into a gametype for Raggy Weapons. I haven't looked at modifying other weapons, either, as I don't play online and therefore don't get much actual playtesting done.

Comment

Looks like you beat ME to this too! Although, I wanted a different system that works with all weapons...

Here's the system I was planning to use, you can use this system if you want, but give me some credit for the design side.

The System: Every player starts with 100 armor. Your amount of armor indicates the amount of damage that must be inflicted on you to knock you down. Your armor will eventually wear thin, and eventually it will get down to 0 in which case ANY hit will knock you down. You can restore your armor with the normal armor pickups, but usually you simply have to survive. One final note is that ANY weapon's damage will cause the same knock-down effect if it does enough damage!

example: enforcer shots do 10 dmg and about 33 dmg to headshots. Say someone wears down your armor to 29 before you kill them then someone respawns nearby and headshots you with a lucky enforcer shot. You immediately fall down! A true test of survival. Of course, if they had only body-shot you they wouldn't have done enough damage to knock you down.

FOR CLARIFICATION: Your armor does NOT slowly drain on its own! By "wear thin" I mean "people are gonna shoot you constantly making your armor go down". That is all

Comment

is ther a pc version?

Comment

Awesome concept for a mutator

Question: when a bot/player is killed with the sniper rifle/stinger, do they still do that awkward animation or are they ragdoll-enabled?

Comment

btw, I have a small bug report/suggestion.
                    When using this mutator on maps like Phobertor (Morpheus like) you sometimes start to hate this mutator, because it is configured that when you get knocked down, you must LAND on a ground, and only after a while you get back in control, but on such maps, where you might be falling all the way down, you never recover to land on a platform below, even if there is enough time, just because you never get to Land anywhere.

The point is, this knocked out state should be time limited, and not dependent on the actual "hit the ground" event.

fun mutator anyway, thanks for the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by SDX View Post
                      btw, I have a small bug report/suggestion.
                      When using this mutator on maps like Phobertor (Morpheus like) you sometimes start to hate this mutator, because it is configured that when you get knocked down, you must LAND on a ground, and only after a while you get back in control, but on such maps, where you might be falling all the way down, you never recover to land on a platform below, even if there is enough time, just because you never get to Land anywhere.

The point is, this knocked out state should be time limited, and not dependent on the actual "hit the ground" event.

fun mutator anyway, thanks for the idea!
                      Try pressing the feinged death button again. You can actually stand up in the air if falling to long...

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                        "To Use : Use any weapon replacement mutator to swap out the desired weapons with Raggy ones."

Nobody bothers to check the readme.

I didn't either
                        Right before I posted saying it doesn't work..

Comment

it doesnt work for PS3 !!

Comment

I like the idea of this mod, but the name sounds gross... DOH!

Comment

I see no option when switching out weapons to get it to work on the PS3.
                              Has anyone else gotten this to work on the PS3?

Comment

Working...
                              X