DM-MetalHell_Ultra [PC/PS3][Pic][Final] 2/22/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very awesome map. It is a keeper.

The only things I noticed were two static meshs going through part of the glass on the top part of the level making it flicker when you move, sometimes bots get stuck where the UDamage is, and the bots don't use turrets. These are not worth an update but just mentioning them.

You did a great job on this map.

Comment

I like this map, and honestly thought I wouldn't for some reason. (the screens look like more of the same ol' same ol', but it's not, it's a great layout) But here is the one problem I have with this map, and this goes for ALL DM maps that have vehicles and turrets. Everything wors fine if you play DM, but I don't like DM, I prefer TDM, and it seems like on all maps, including this one, vehicles, or in this case turrets, are always locked when you play TDM. This is very annoying, and I don't know why modders always set it up this way. Anyway, its a good map, and I'm keeping it on my PS3 HDD, but I would prefer this issue was adressed. Or I at least hope modders would make it so vehicles and turrets aren't locked in Team DeathMatch.

Comment

^I've noticed that too.

I was playing a map cycle with some new maps the other day and I was doing TDM. On Harbor the Darkwalkers were locked and on this map the turrets locked. I couldn't figure out why, I didn't even think about the fact that it was TDM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojonick View Post
          If you look through the glass in the bottom middle floor....you will see a nice shinygreen surprise.....there are 2 elevators(oneway) going down to the super health on a suspension platform.... look for it....it works well....and there are 2 teleporter exits under there which bring you back up into the thick of the action.

That is if you make it back up without falling into space.
          Thanks for the tip ... I'll check into it the next time I play this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
            ^I've noticed that too.

I was playing a map cycle with some new maps the other day and I was doing TDM. On Harbor the Darkwalkers were locked and on this map the turrets locked. I couldn't figure out why, I didn't even think about the fact that it was TDM.

Yea, if you play them on regular DM, they work fine. I know there was a map made a couple, few weeks back (i think Greenhouse), that this was complained about in the thread, and it was fixed I believe, but I don't understand why it's a problem in the first place. Why would the editor set it up that way by default? At first I thought mabey the vehicles were faction locked, but it's not that either. The vehicles are locked for both teams. And vehicle DM maps are starting to get popular, so I hope modders get this message, and try to make the vehicles unlocked in TDM as well as DM. I personally like the idea of vehicles in DM, but I much prefer playing on a team to playing free for all. It feels more like a warzone to me that way.

Comment

Just to let you all know...I am fixing all the small and requested issues with the map. The main reason i am doing this is because all of us in the mod community will need to recook all the maps we made when epic releases the next Patch.

So...If you guys/gals find anymore bugs or issues please post them up so i can make this map totally bug free. Turrets will be active for TDM in the next patch.....I will also fix the 2 minor graphical bugs that were found. As far as i know that's all there really is. I also did find one mesh that the collision is not set on(Dunno what happened there).

Anyways....enjoy the map, All will be resolved. Just remember that it will need to be redownloaded after the next patch release.

Thanx-Mojo

Comment

Just to let you all know...I am fixing all the small and requested issues with the map. The main reason i am doing this is because all of us in the mod community will need to recook all the maps we made when epic releases the next Patch.
                What? Where did you hear that from ... are you certain about this. All maps have to be recooked or they won't work? So you mean if a player has downloaded 20 maps when the next patch comes out they won't work? I'm confused man so could you please clarify this?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  What? Where did you hear that from ... are you certain about this. All maps have to be recooked or they won't work? So you mean if a player has downloaded 20 maps when the next patch comes out they won't work? I'm confused man so could you please clarify this?
                  Here's the link to the thread. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590932

The information can be found in the second note named : Re-cook Inevitable. As far as the accuracy of that statement...I have no-way to confirm it one way or another, but i'm prepared for the worst.

Comment

Here's the link to the thread. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590932

The information can be found in the second note named : Re-cook Inevitable. As far as the accuracy of that statement...I have no-way to confirm it one way or another, but i'm prepared for the worst.
                    That doesn't sound right to me ... I can't imagine that being a requirement ... there are far too many custom maps and I can't believe they won't work after you install patch 2 unless they are recooked. And how does this affect PS3 users then? Will they need all their maps recooked as well? Something has to have been overlooked or misinterpreted.

Comment

I would also like some specific confirmation one way or another whether this is going to happen or not. I fixed all the issues that were found(minor) and would like to release it soon.

I must say...the fixed version looks sweet with alot of minor additives.

Comment

I know i released this map as Final, but there is going to be an update for some unseen bugs. All of the bugs are squashed, and some major visual and gameplay improvements have been added.

Here's a short list:

1: New and much improved bot support (bots now use all powerups, turrets and traverse every inch of the map.

2: The turrets are now unlocked in TeamDeathMatch.

3: Numerous visual effect changes, Texture improvements and lighting tweaks.

4: Added new sound effects for certain events.

Coming soon. Basicly i'm waiting for confirmation on the recook after update issue.

Peace-Mojo

Comment

Ultra Released. Enjoy, This map is mint! All though if you play with 32 players i hope your PC can handle it....lol

Comment

Very nice man and believe me this is very much appreciated that you would work on this to further improve it after it has been released. Thanks for being so dedicated.

Comment

Hey bro your files are missing some very important resources ... it crashes UT3 immediately ... just to the desktop but still it crashes. Anyway last time I saw this the answer was missing packages necessary for the level. Hope you sort it out because the new version looks great. I think while you are fixing the PC version I will check out the PS3 version.

Comment

I checked out the PS3 version but it shows performance issues when standing on one of the four turrets while overviewing the whole map. This was without bots / players in the map so I guess it will be even worse when those are added to the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X